"Big" movies you've never seen

GhostOfTomJoad

Going on record with the "big" (popular/acclaimed) movies you've never seen & likely never will

ET

Any Adam Sandler film with the exception of PTA's Punch Drunk Love

Dumb & Dumber

The Sound of Music,  West Side Story, La La Land or pretty much any musical not named Singing in the Rain or Holiday Inn

Not a single Fast & Furious, Transformers, or (new) Planet of the Apes

Any Chris Farley movie

Wow. And I thought I was gonna be an outlier. Js1 is living on the (outer) edge.

I still haven't seen all of Groundhog Day.

Very few Robin Williams comedies (Good Morning Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, etc). As gifted as he was as a comedian I never connected with him as a comic actor. IMHO he was a MUCH better dramatic actor. Loved him in Insomnia, One Hour Photo, and particularly Awakenings.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad

Have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies because they came out when I was an adult male without children.  But y'all shine on.  You pederass fuckbags.  

8 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Inception

The Godfather

Boogie Nights

The Shawshank Redemption

Harry Potter

any super hero or comic book movie 

Having not seen the Godfather or Star Wars makes you miss a lot of references in life I'd imagine.

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yep

Then you're not missing anything. The Fellowship of the Ring movie is just okay. With each successive film, Peter Jackson takes more liberties with the story. In Return of the King he actually has Sam & Frodo leave Mordor and go attend the battle at Osgiliath. There, in the midst of battle, Frodo offers the ring to a Ringwraith without being immediately slain and the ring getting whisked off to Sauron. 

Whenever Jackson sticks to the original story, the movies are good. His artistic license sucks balls and he takes it way too far. 

• Like 1

-I've never stayed awake through any of the Lord of the Rings movies.

-None of the Godfathers.

-I've seen some of the new superhero movies, but I couldn't tell you which ones since they all seem the same to me.

-Apparently, the Fast and Furious movies are big, but I've never seen any.

-Caddyshack

-Animal House

-Psycho

-Goodfellas or any other gangster movie

-Apocolypse Now

-Raging Bull

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

-I've never stayed awake through any of the Lord of the Rings movies.

-None of the Godfathers.

-I've seen some of the new superhero movies, but I couldn't tell you which ones since they all seem the same to me.

-Apparently, the Fast and Furious movies are big, but I've never seen any.

-Caddyshack

-Animal House

-Psycho

-Goodfellas or any other gangster movie

-Apocolypse Now

-Raging Bull

That's a hall of fame group of films you haven't seen. They're embedded in our modern pop culture.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

some of you fuckers are not complete as men or human beings.  seriously, i'm not a film geek and don't even post in the forum that often but you guys are missing out on some world class movies that have helped form our culture.  you owe it to yourself, and to everyone that knows you, to educate and elevate yourself and watch some of these movies.

• Like 5

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Inception
The Godfather
Boogie Nights
The Shawshank Redemption
Harry Potter
Caddyshack
Blazing Saddles
Animal House 
any super hero or comic book movie 

Jesus h, you can only watch A Madea Christmas so many times...
  • Like 1

Michael just smoked that fucking police chief and Sollozo..... 

I was as too young to watch them when they came out but my mom told me they saw it at the theatre and when Michael started leaving the restaurant people in the audience started yelling “drop the gun!” That scene was so badass...

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Going on record with the "big" (popular/acclaimed) movies you've never seen & likely never will

ET

Any Adam Sandler film with the exception of PTA's Punch Drunk Love

Dumb & Dumber

The Sound of Music,  West Side Story, La La Land or pretty much any musical not named Singing in the Rain or Holiday Inn

Not a single Fast & Furious, Transformers, or (new) Planet of the Apes

Any Chris Farley movie

With you on any musical, F&F, Transformers, and PotA. Missing Farley and Sandler (in their heyday) and D&D is lunacy. Going on record with that is dumb. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Big Lebowski 

caddyshack

groundhog day 

I don’t think I’ve seen animal house all the way through 

Blazing saddles 

any Clint Eastwood movie besides Gran Torino 

What in the fuck

15 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I was as too young to watch them when they came out but my mom told me they saw it at the theatre and when Michael started leaving the restaurant people in the audience started yelling “drop the gun!” That scene was so badass...

I remember riding on the bus to elementary school the day after it aired on regular network TV (you know, back when there were 3 channels (PBS didn't really count as a channel to us).  

All we could talk about was the horse head scene.  

• Like 1