Looks like [insert name] is a DOB/sexual predator

South Austin

48 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think the lesson here is  if you are a famous man pick out one woman to harass like crazy. Just get it all out of your system.  Harass harass harass. It takes some inordinate number of different people before any claim gets any traction. 

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie F(u)oxx, come on down...............

Actor Jamie Foxx spoke out on Wednesday against a claim that he assaulted a woman with his penis 16 years ago.

Foxx told TMZ the claim is “absurd” and he will challenge the woman in court. 

The woman told police last week that the incident happed in Las Vegas in 2002 when she and a friend were attending a party hosted by Foxx, TMZ reported. The woman reportedly claims Foxx hit her in the face with his penis when she refused to perform oral sex on him.

After the alleged assault, one of Foxx’s friends allegedly told the woman to leave the house and she went back to her home in Los Angeles to get treatment for a panic attack, the gossip website reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/13/jamie-foxx-vehemently-denies-sexually-assaulted-woman-in-2002.html

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The Hollywood cleansing seems to be losing it's luster.  The last few call outs have pretty much fallen on deaf ears.   

I wonder if legitimate claims have dried up and now you are getting a bunch of half-truths or quarter truths, or worse yet, Aziz Ansari-esque fake call outs.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I wonder if legitimate claims have dried up and now you are getting a bunch of half-truths or quarter truths, or worse yet, Aziz Ansari-esque fake call outs.

That and we are pretty much to a point where it needs to be a large group of women coming out or else it doesn't move the needle.

The funniest thing I ever read about the #MeToo movement was either Onion or here when someone posted "Tom Cruise's manager is feverishly working back channels to try and find a woman to come forward against Tom Cruise for sexual misbehavior".

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I don't think anything has changed. I still believe that (in Hollywood especially) women are reluctant to come forward. 

Hollywood is built on the "you want the job? Do you REALLY want the job??" mentality that won't go away quickly.

Well, that and Hollywood is a tricky place for this hair splitting of sexual responsibilities. 

Everyone is fucking everyone else all the time. Married/gay/underage that shit is going down daily. On top of that it is an environment where a number of women consciously make an effort to sleep with influential people to get their start. (Rihana comes to mind) 

It doesn’t make assaults less of a crime, but it’s much harder for someone outside the life to look at the case and see the crime. 

The celebs that are getting accused of assault  because of comments or like the Aggie that stuck his hand down his pants and it’s called assault don’t really understand what the word means do they..   They are now calling anything from a playful tap on the but, or sexual flirty comments, to a uninvited kiss, “sexual assault” wtf...  That’s watering it down for real victims. They need just stick with what it is harassment at best with that kind of crap.

Edited by Hook1997

18 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

The celebs that are getting accused of assault  because of comments or like the Aggie that stuck his hand down his pants and it’s called assault don’t really understand what the word means do they..   They are now calling anything from a playful tap on the but, or sexual flirty comments, to a uninvited kiss, “sexual assault” wtf...  That’s watering it down for real victims. They need just stick with what it is harassment at best with that kind of crap.

It might not be assault but it’s something repulsive.

Some dickhead pulls his johnson out in front of my 16 yo niece (no pics, you degenerates) he’ll know what assault is once his ass is thoroughly pulverized.

• Like 1

Chris Hardwick, come on down:

Chris Hardwick, the Nerdist founder and host of NBC’s game show The Wall, AMC’s Talking Dead aftershow and a regular emcee in Hall H at Comic-Con, has been scrubbed from the Nerdist website he founded after being accused of sexual abuse and “long-term abuse” by his former girlfriend Chloe Dykstra.

Legendary Entertainment, which owns Nerdist Industries where Hardwick launched his career as a comic and podcaster, just released a statement.

“Chris Hardwick had no operational involvement with Nerdist for the two years preceding the expiration of his contract in December 2017,” it reads. “He no longer has any affiliation with Legendary Digital Networks. The company has removed all reference to Mr. Hardwick even as the original Founder of Nerdist pending further investigation.”

The move comes after Dykstra, a TV personality and host, penned a first-person account of their three-year relationship that posted on Medium. Dykstra never mentioned Hardwick by name, but details about the “mildly successful podcaster” who grew into “a powerhouse CEO of his own company” suggest she was referring to him.

Dykstra, in an essay she said was part closure and part warning, detailed a relationship in which she was restricted from going out at night, having male friends, or speaking in public places, and was the victim of sexual assault. “I was expected to be ready for him when he came home from work,” she writes.

“I lost myself, both mentally and physically. I lost 15 lbs within weeks, started pulling out my hair (and had to get extensions regularly to hide it),” she wrote. “I generally stopped speaking unless spoken to while with him, drifting through life like a ghost. I would try to sleep in as late as possible so my days were shorter. I stopped listening to music entirely. I ceased to be. I was an ex-person.”

Dykstra said she left Hardwick after three years, and that after the breakup he made calls to companies “to get me fired by threatening to never work with them,” and that he and a female colleague “steamrolled my career.”

Deadline has not independently confirmed Dykstra’s accusations.

In March, NBC renewed its Hardwick-hosted game show The Wall for a 20-episode third season, though no premiere date was announced. AMC also just announced his summer bridge talk show Talking With Chris Hardwick returns this Sunday.

On Thursday, BBC America announced that Hardwick would moderate the network’s Doctor Who panel at Comic-Con in San Diego next month. Hardwick, a Comic-Con panel host staple, is also penciled in to host AMC’s The Walking Dead panel in Hall H as in years past.

NBC and AMC have not responded to requests for comment on Dykstra’s post, and reps for Hardwick also declined comment.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-hardwick-off-nerdist-site-abuse-allegations-chloe-dyskstra-1202411456/

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article213202594.html

Shannon%20Hathaway%20former%20Harwood%20

Affidavit: 9th-grader broke up with his school counselor after his mom caught them naked

BY PRESCOTTE STROKES III

June 14, 2018 06:45 PM

Bedford, TX

A 33-year-old school counselor is accused of having sex with a ninth-grade student nearly a dozen times and even told the student's sister that she would leave her husband for him, according to an arrest affidavit.

The student ended the relationship after his mother caught them in bed in his room, the affidavit says.

Shannon Hathaway, a former school counselor at Hardwood Junior High School, surrendered to Bedford police on Thursday morning on a charge of improper relationship between an educator and a student.

Her arrest came at the end of a monthlong investigation by the HEB Independent School District and the Bedford Police Department.

Attempts to reach Hathaway were unsuccessful Thursday evening and jail records did not list her attorney's name.

School district officials became aware of Hathaway's relationship with a former 17-year-old male student at Hardwood Junior High when the teen's sister informed school administrators of it on May 8, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by the Star-Telegram on Thursday.

The sister said that during the 2016-2017 school year, Hathaway would spend a lot of time with her brother, who is now 18 years old and has since dropped out of school. She said she never witnessed inappropriate behavior between the pair, aside from Hathaway holding her brother's hand.

She said that Hathaway told her she was in love with her brother and would leave her husband for him, the affidavit says. The sister told investigators that her brother confided in her about having sex on numerous occasions with Hathaway at her home in Keller, his mother's home in Euless and potentially at Hardwood Junior High. It's unclear in the affidavit what she meant by "potentially."

In a voicemail sent to parents Thursday morning, HEB ISD Superintendent Steve Chapman said: "There is no evidence to suggest the alleged behavior happened on the Hardwood Junior High campus."

Hathaway was placed on paid administrative leave by the school district after the report came to light and the district began an internal investigation.

17-yo in 9th grade?

Edit:  TCU grad, not LeTourneau U.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/shannon-hathaway/

Edited by clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Um...someone explain this one to me. Is this part of the #metoo movement? What did he do wrong? 

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

That's the article. Nothing in there is something that would be considered a crime, but it basically paints him in the light of an emotional and sexual abuser and wipes out his good guy king of the nerds facade. The sexual abuse allegations wouldn't count in a criminal case, but it moves the public opinion needle, for sure. The #metoo movement just amplifies the damage.

24 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

That's the article. Nothing in there is something that would be considered a crime, but it basically paints him in the light of an emotional and sexual abuser and wipes out his good guy king of the nerds facade. The sexual abuse allegations wouldn't count in a criminal case, but it moves the public opinion needle, for sure. The #metoo movement just amplifies the damage.

I really didn't know much about who either of these two folks was.  After looking into each of them....I am not entirely surprised by her story....but I would also not be surprised by there being numerous other dimensions to it.

In short, when you are dealing with two people who are complete attention whores, and all of the neediness and inadequacies that usually come along with that, then you're going to have an unhealthy relationship.

Not excusing the act of any single actor, but I suspect it was an unhealthy relationship, in the collective, from the get-go.  Also, the story doesn't really "me-to" to me.  She dated a guy who -- if she's accurate -- was a controlling and vindictive dick.  "Controlling and vindictive" is not "me too" territory - it's "shitty person" territory, and it is VERY much a both-genders thing (albeit in different ways).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I really didn't know much about who either of these two folks was.  After looking into each of them....I am not entirely surprised by her story....but I would also not be surprised by there being numerous other dimensions to it.

In short, when you are dealing with two people who are complete attention whores, and all of the neediness and inadequacies that usually come along with that, then you're going to have an unhealthy relationship.

Not excusing the act of any single actor, but I suspect it was an unhealthy relationship, in the collective, from the get-go.  Also, the story doesn't really "me-to" to me.  She dated a guy who -- if she's accurate -- was a controlling and vindictive dick.  "Controlling and vindictive" is not "me too" territory - it's "shitty person" territory, and it is VERY much a both-genders thing (albeit in different ways).

I definitely agree. The point I was trying to make is that his target audience overlaps with the #metoo movement and while his actions were not criminal, it may very well wipe out his career due to the current sensitivity to the issues she alludes to in her article. She specifically cites incidences of "emotional" and "sexual" abuse. That's a dog whistle for his target audience. Hell, most of the accusations in her article wouldn't even pass muster in a civil suit, outside of the accusations that he went on to torpedo her professional career after their breakup.

We are entering a time period where the court of public opinion, with the power of the internet, can be more damaging than the actual courts. It's been an interesting phenomenon to observe and we'll soon see if Hardwick loses his shows with AMC and with Comic-Con. My bet is that he will. We're getting to the stage of the game where being a rampant asshole will have just as many consequences as being on the losing end of criminal or civil proceedings. It's definitely something to monitor, as it will most assuredly begin to trickle down into the common professional world.

I mean he seems like an asshole and a vindictive and controlling sack of shit. But “sexual abuser” seems like a stretch? She admitted it was all consensual. Am I wrong? She has issues. He took advantage. He’s a terrible person. All true

But writing an op ed about it? Shouldn’t you seek therapy instead. Figure out why you would choose to submit yourself to that kind of treatment instead of demanding someone treat you with respect? 

I guess it sets a terrible precedent. I just see a guy in the future writing a similar piece about his former famous girlfriend who would cheat on him, and him sharing every detail about it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Why would you consider these things mutually exclusive?

If what she says is true, why are you guys upset that she shared it?

Bad relationships happen. Yes, maybe this guy deserved to have his shit put on blast. But will the next? Eventually you will have college students putting ads in the local paper about how their date was rude to them. 

I think it's a slipperly slope when you start including behavior that isn't illegal. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Why would you consider these things mutually exclusive?

If what she says is true, why are you guys upset that she shared it?

It's he said/she said except the results are catastrophic. It's the equivalent of going to a restaurant and having a meal with too much salt yet going on social media and claiming they served you roaches and punched you in the face when you complained.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes, maybe this guy deserved to have his shit put on blast. But will the next?

Maybe, maybe not. But people are capable of reading and thinking independently.

Slippery slope arguments are weak.

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It's he said/she said except the results are catastrophic. It's the equivalent of going to a restaurant and having a meal with too much salt yet going on social media and claiming they served you roaches and punched you in the face when you complained.

You're accusing her of lying? Based on what?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You're accusing her of lying? Based on what?

I'm accusing her of exaggerating a story because she seems like a nutjob. 

If he's guilty, she should press charges and have him arrested. This gives him a chance to exonerate himself or gives her the chance to have her story proved right.

Playing it out in the media is bullshit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm accusing her of exaggerating a story because she seems like a nutjob. 

If he's guilty, she should press charges and have him arrested. This gives him a chance to exonerate himself or gives her the chance to have her story proved right.

Playing it out in the media is bullshit.

Based on?

Aside from your baseless and bizarre attacks on her, it makes zero sense to wedge legal standards into any of this. The social standard is not "if it ain't illegal, keep completely silent". If your buddy is going to date a girl you know, you do not stay silent on her on all issues not blatantly illegal.

"Well, she banged 4 dudes at once last week in public drunk off her ass... and she has herpes... but none of that is illegal, so I'll say nothing!"

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Based on?

Aside from your baseless and bizarre attacks on her, it makes zero sense to wedge legal standards into any of this.

Why not? Slander is a crime. And with social media being ubiquitous, the risk of ruining someone's career/life because someone "feels bad" is real.

If he did the crime, he should do the time. If not, she should shut the fuck up.

21 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why not? Slander is a crime. And with social media being ubiquitous, the risk of ruining someone's career/life because someone "feels bad" is real.

If he did the crime, he should do the time. If not, she should shut the fuck up.

Then he should sue her, right? I mean, that's your standard... right? Or does it just apply to the women?

(Ron Howard voiceover, "It does.")

And "why not" what? I don't follow what you're asking me.

Everyone say their piece and then everyone is, individually, allowed by law to make up their own minds. You can continue to like/support Chris Hardwick or not. No one is going to arrest you. This woman has no power over any of the networks; they can choose to hire Hardwick or not.

• Like 1