Looks like [insert name] is a DOB/sexual predator

South Austin

16 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I yield to your vast knowledge of this person's plight. It must be tough being you.

I'm not the one calling her (or him) a liar. I don't know what the actual truth is, but I do know that "if it ain't illegal, shut up" is completely asinine.

Did he rape anyone?  Doesn't sound like it.  The post says she "let him sexually assault" her.  I understand there's such a thing as the freeze-up response to an unwanted sexual encounter, but her blog post clearly says that she was his girlfriend at the time.  Being in a relationship is not the same thing as consent, but there's a difference between making a pass at your secretary and at your own girlfriend: you know that one is likely to be unwanted, and the other, you don't know that.  Maybe she told him "no" and he persisted, but if that's true then how did she "let him" sexually assault her.  That sounds an awful lot like consent.

Did he hit her?  Doesn't sound like it.  The post says nothing to that effect, and if he'd ever hit her it's hard to imagine she would have omitted that detail or that she wouldn't have taken photographic evidence of bruises.

So we're left with the following:

1. He's controlling.
  2. He's got a lot of hang-ups.
  3. He's an elitist.
  4. He yells a lot and says fucked up things in private.
  5. He tried to blacklist her after she left him.

Not a good boyfriend.  A terrible one, to be honest.  That's still different from sexual assault, and it's still different from physical abuse.  Altogether, it's fair to call his relationship emotionally abusive and his attempts to blacklist her vindictive, but I am not comfortable lumping it in with the #metoo movement complete with its automatic firings.

It sucks that she was anorexic, but I also wonder if that baggage was there before he came into the picture.  She mentions that he wasn't the first much older guy that she had dated.  She jokes about having had daddy issues.  She admits she's motivated by anger.

If this had been published before #metoo, my sense is it would have been received with much more skepticism.  She certainly walks and talks like a jilted ex who felt blacklisted (when perhaps really she just isn't that talented) and wanted a way to retaliate.  She was smart enough to see that simply making unflattering allegations more or less results in a blacklist nowadays, and she took her shot.

That said, we're all better off with less Chris Hardwick on TV.

Edited by chainsaw
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

but I am not comfortable lumping it in with the #metoo movement complete with its automatic firings.

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If this had been published before #metoo, my sense is it would have been received with much more skepticism.

It has been turning into a "when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail" type situation. He looks like a rampant asshole, possibly psychotic, but it is just an alleged snapshot into very private moments between two people. Between two consenting adults. Is that enough to lose everything? What is privacy? Should we all be on notice that we can lose our jobs for non-criminal acts that occur in our own homes years ago?

I'm in no way attempting to defend or vindicate Hardwick here. We've all known a girl who had been in a relationship like that, it seems, and it is absolutely awful. But when it comes to a person's past, what is the standard? When does private behavior become an offense worth firing over? How much power should a story that consists of snapshots over the course of a several year relationship have over his future? How many of us would be comfortable with someone taking magnifying glass over our past? At what point do non-criminal actions become the true past? When can anyone truly put the past behind them these days?

15 hours ago, Eastwood said:

It has been turning into a "when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail" type situation. He looks like a rampant asshole, possibly psychotic, but it is just an alleged snapshot into very private moments between two people. Between two consenting adults. Is that enough to lose everything? What is privacy? Should we all be on notice that we can lose our jobs for non-criminal acts that occur in our own homes years ago?

I'm in no way attempting to defend or vindicate Hardwick here. We've all known a girl who had been in a relationship like that, it seems, and it is absolutely awful. But when it comes to a person's past, what is the standard? When does private behavior become an offense worth firing over? How much power should a story that consists of snapshots over the course of a several year relationship have over his future? How many of us would be comfortable with someone taking magnifying glass over our past? At what point do non-criminal actions become the true past? When can anyone truly put the past behind them these days?

Literally not something the victims can do anything about. The corporations do the firing, not the victims.

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Literally not something the victims can do anything about. The corporations do the firing, not the victims.

That's a bit disingenuous.  The corporations' hands are tied because of the #metoo movement.  If you're not firing these guys immediately, you get blowback regardless of the facts.

Chloe recognized this and published for exactly that purpose.  Now it's coming out that she omitted a lot of unflattering information about herself.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/19/chris-hardwick-chloe-dykstra-breakup-cheating-text-messages/

0619-chris-hardwick-texts-sub-tmz-3.jpg

The texts show that she probably had issues well before Hardwick came into the picture (just like I suspected).

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0619_Hardwick Texts.pdf

Does that excuse anything Hardwick did during the relationship that was shitty?  Of course it does not.  But it does lead me to believe that she was probably going to be mentally unwell regardless of Hardwick's involvement in her life.  When she authored her article, she did so in a way that took every opportunity to blame everything bad in her life on Hardwick, connecting the dots between his controlling behavior and her anorexia, her thoughts of suicide while overlooking highway 101, and her difficulties finding work.

But there's nothing in her article that actually says Hardwick commented on her weight or forced her to be anorexic.  The most coercive thing in the article is him acting butthurt when she declined sex and hinted that he dumped someone before due to lack of sex.  I have a hard time believing that if Hardwick had ever made a comment about her weight, she wouldn't have mentioned it in the article.  In other words, I don't think he ever made a comment about her weight or played any role in her anorexia.  That's usually from a desire to compete with other skinny women, especially among models.

I doubt Hardwick ever encouraged her to commit suicide, either, or that he would have ignored the signs of suicidal thoughts.  Even if he were the completely selfish asshole that she says he is, he would have recognized how badly it would have gone for his career to have her attempt or succeed at suicide.  She paints a picture of a neglectful boyfriend who only wanted sex from her.  That's hard to believe since her pre-#metoo text messages post-breakup paint a much different picture of him and his role in her life.

She does make some fairly specific accusations about having been blacklisted, but she also said that he was the reason she got one of her jobs in the first place.  Is it really that outlandish that a guy would want to avoid having to run into his ex girlfriend for a while?  She admits in her article that she got hired basically out of nepotism, so if the relationship behind the nepotism goes away and she's not independently talented enough to justify hiring her without that nepotism, and if there's a reason to believe that you'll alienate Hardwick (an actual "star") by hiring her, is it really Hardwick's fault that she isn't finding work?  I think not.  She is still far better off career-wise because of having dated him than had she never dated him.

In closing, it's still undefeated.

18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

That's a bit disingenuous.  The corporations' hands are tied because of the #metoo movement.  If you're not firing these guys immediately, you get blowback regardless of the facts.

And the company could weather that blowback, yet they choose not to.

She literally had zero power to fire him from anything. He lost his job(s) because he played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

Chloe recognized this and published for exactly that purpose.  Now it's coming out that she omitted a lot of unflattering information about herself.

She admits to cheating in her article.

22 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Not just "omitted." She unequivocally lied about the nature of the breakup. What else is she lying about re: their relationship?  Some of it?  All of it?  Why should we believe anything she says?  She sounds like a jilted, crazy ex.  

It's amazing that a blog post by an ex-girlfriend alleging sexual abuse backed by zero evidence is enough to ruin careers these days.  Scary.    

I don't think she lied about how it ended.  She admits that she cheated, but she "had" to because the relationship was just so abusive and controlling that she couldn't dump him (even though she did manage to find the time to carry on a prolonged "emotional affair" and had several opportunities to even have physical encounters with the other man).

Before #metoo, it used to be that when people gave you their side of a breakup story, you could take it with a grain of salt and assume there's another side to the story.

Now, you have to unflinchingly accept it as gospel and sever all professional ties with the guy on the other side.

I think #metoo needed to happen, but it was bound to get weaponized by people with suspect motives.  What you have here is a classic case of a scorned ex lover with pre-existing issues.  Maybe I'm wrong though, she did say she has photos and other evidence to back up her story.  It's possible she didn't leave all her cards on the table and maybe he did hit her or something.  If so, then AMC and the others probably realized what was on the horizon and took proactive measures.

Then again, I have my doubts that she pulled any punches.  If she rounded up "made me feel bad so I had sex with him when I wasn't in the mood" to "sexual assault," then I don't think she would have kept physical violence under wraps.

But I could be wrong.  Time will tell.

This is how she describes the break up in her post:

"After three years of being snapped/yelled at constantly, very rarely being shown any affection- I finally left him. For another man. That I had literally just met. I was so desperate to be out I just clung on to the first knight in shining armor to show up. Unfortunately, there was a slight crossover: a kiss. A kiss I immediately told him about, and he, surprisingly, instantly forgave me. Turned a total 180. He begged me not to leave him, even told me he was planning to propose; despite stating previously he had no intention to marry me. I knew this all stemmed from his fear of being alone (He actually got engaged very shortly after I left him) so luckily I remained strong in my resolve to leave him, despite my only desire for three years being that he loved me the way I loved him."

In actuality, the leaked texts make it clear Hardwick found out her "cross over" was much more serious and long-lasting than she had told him, so he broke it off with her.  She begged him not too, and she wanted desperately to stay together.  She also texted him months later wanting to talk, and admitted she handled the whole thing worse than he did.  This is completely at odds with how she claims the relationship ended.  So, yes, that part of her essay we know is a lie.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guy Pearce recalls that Kevin Spacey was "handsy."

Link

The actors worked together while filming the 1997 movie, "L.A. Confidential." In an interview with Australian talk show host Andrew Denton on Tuesday, Pearce said it was "slightly difficult" to star opposite Spacey on the project because he was "handsy."

"Tough one to talk about at the moment," Pearce said when Denton mentioned his former co-star. "Amazing actor. Incredible actor. Mmm, slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah. He's a handsy guy."

Pearce added, "Thankfully I was 29 and not 14."

That krazy kid kanuck from up north!  Grab 'er by the whatever, eh?

Justin Trudeau: I ‘don’t remember’ groping reporter

July 3, 2018 | 10:33am | UpdatedModal Trigger

Justin Trudeau
Justin TrudeauAP

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been accused of groping a reporter 18 years ago — but claims he doesn’t recall any “negative interactions” from that day, reports said.

At a fundraiser to support avalanche safety in 2000, Trudeau, then 28, was accused of “groping” and “inappropriately handling” a young female reporter who was covering the event for the Creston Valley Advance, CBC News reported.

The woman, who was not named in the article, is believed to have written an editorial about the alleged incident after the event, which is the only record of it, the outlet reported. The editorial suggested the woman felt “blatantly disrespected” but did not provide specific details about what occurred.

Valeria Bourne, who was the publisher of the paper at the time, remembered the event and said the reporter was “distressed” by her contact with Trudeau but would not consider it sexual assault.

“My recollections of the conversation were that she came to me because she was unsettled by it. She didn’t like what had happened. She wasn’t sure how she should proceed with it because of course we’re talking somebody who was known to the Canadian community,” Bourne said.

The paper’s editor at the time, Brian Bell, said he remembered thinking that something untoward happened to his reporter that day.

“I don’t recall that the reporter was coming across as having been traumatized or distraught about it, but definitely that, whatever physical touch or whatever had occurred in that moment was definitely not welcome and definitely inappropriate,” Bell told the CBC.

“I certainly believe that it happened, this reporter was of a high character in my opinion and was professional in the way she conducted herself and there’s no question in my mind that what was alluded to, written about in that editorial, did happen.”

During a campaign stop over the weekend, Trudeau, who’s been an outspoken advocate for women of the #MeToo movement, denied any wrongdoing.

“I remember that day in Creston well,” Trudeau told reporters over the weekend.

“I had a good day that day; I don’t remember any negative interactions that day at all.”

However, the editorial written about the event claims Trudeau offered a half-hearted apology the day after the event.

“I’m sorry,” he was quoted saying.

“If I had known you were reporting for a national paper I never would have been so forward.”

13 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been accused of groping a reporter 18 years ago — but claims he doesn’t recall any “negative interactions” from that day, reports said.

Well, she said it happened so I either need to see him fired or I’m going to stop using maple syrup and drinking Labatt beer.  Your move Canada.

https://apnews.com/acf7d21a49e447f6a2c2e0f807458942?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

British police are investigating six claims of sexual assault or assault by Academy Award-winning actor Kevin Spacey, three more than previously disclosed.

British media reported earlier this year that London’s Metropolitan Police force was investigating three allegations against the former “House of Cards” star.

Police in Britain don’t name suspects until they are charged. Asked about Spacey, the force did not identify him by name but said Wednesday that detectives had received a total of five allegations of sexual assault and one of assault against a man.

Five of the alleged offenses took place in London between 1996 and 2008, and the sixth in the western English city of Gloucester in 2013.

Follow-up on the Trudeau grab'em by the whateverz... reporter puts out statement, plus other goodies, dude did some gropin' it seems, and justified it by saying, "If I had known you were a reporter for a national paper, I would never have been so forward."  Well, sure, that makes sense...

Woman who accused Trudeau of groping issues statement

Marina Pitofsky, USA TODAYPublished 2:06 p.m. ET July 7, 2018 | Updated 2:35 p.m. ET July 7, 2018

Justin Trudeau

(Photo: Sean Kilpatrick, AP)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

The woman who accused Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of groping her released a statement about the 2000 incident on Friday. 

"I issue this statement reluctantly, in response to mounting media pressure to confirm that I was the reporter who was the subject of the Open Eyes editorial, published in the Creston Valley Advance," Rose Knight said, a former journalist for the Creston Valley Advance, a local newspaper in Canada. "The incident referred to in the editorial did occur, as reported. Mr. Trudeau did apologize the next day." 

In her statement, given to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Knight referenced an editorial published in the Advance after the incident. The column detailed Trudeau and Knight's interaction and criticized Trudeau and his father, former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

The editorial said Trudeau apologized the next day for "inappropriately handling the reporter while she was on assignment."  

The column gained traction after it was tweeted by University of Calgary law professor and author Warren Kinsella in June.  

Knight also cited privacy concerns for herself and her family in her statement and declined to comment any further on the incident. 

"The debate, if it continues, will continue without my involvement," Knight said. 

View image on Twitter

The woman who made the groping allegation against Justin Trudeau in 2000 has issued a statement, including her name. #cndpoli

A former co-worker of Knight's described her reaction to the incident to the CBC on Friday. Valerie Bourne was the publisher of the Creston Valley Advance at the time of the incident and said Knight was "unsettled." 

"My recollections of the conversation were that she came to me because she was unsettled by it. She didn't like what had happened," Bourne said. "She wasn't sure how she should proceed with it because, of course, we're talking somebody who was known to the Canadian community."

Bourne also told the CBC she would not classify the interaction as sexual assault, but "a brief touch." 

The incident is alleged to have taken place at the Kokanee Summit Festival in Creston, British Columbia. According to the Guardian, the music festival was a fundraiser supporting avalanche safety, a cause Trudeau has championed since the death of his brother Michel in an avalanche in 1998.  

Trudeau was first asked about the allegations on July 1 and said he did not remember the incident as sexual misconduct.  

"I remember that day in Creston well,” Trudeau told reporters, according to the Guardian. “I had a good day that day. I don’t remember any negative interactions that day at all.”

On Thursday, Trudeau further responded to the allegations, reinforcing his administration's commitment to people who come forward with allegations of sexual assault or harassment. 

"Part of this awakening we're having a society, a long awaited realization, is that it's not just one side of the story that matters, that the same interactions could be experienced very differently from one person to the next, and I am not going to speak for the woman in question," Trudeau told reporters, according to The Associated Press.  

But, Trudeau again denied any wrongdoing on his part in regard to the incident and did not answer reporters' questions on calling for an independent investigation. 

"I do not feel that I acted inappropriately in any way. But I respect the fact that someone else might have experienced that differently and this is part of the reflections that we have to go through," Trudeau said, according to the AP. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/07/07/trudeau-groping-sexual-harassment/765472002/

On 7/5/2018 at 8:41 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Spacey is a real piece of shit. Water is wet.

Hopefully, he'll end up in jail for this shit.

They won't realize who they have until he's already walked out of the station and disappeared. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

18 years ago, and he apologized the day after. Why exactly is this news? Does he have anything more recent?

1) but in this entire thing, that's not the point, the point is they got away with an illegal act
2) "If I had known you were a big time reporter I wouldn't have grabbed your ass, sorry" is, well, an interesting apology to say the least

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually an oldie but a goodie, finally resolved (searched and didn't find it in the new site)... 
♪ ♫  Just them good ole' boys, never meanin' no  harm... ♪ ♫
Well, almost never....

wjla-header-logo.png

by The Associated Press
Monday, July 23rd 2018

8d7971e4-5025-40ce-8067-2d4876bef877-large16x9_AP18204428326579.jpg?1532350110728

FILE - In this Aug. 3, 2017 file frame from video, actor Tom Wopat stands during arraignment in Waltham, Mass., on indecent assault and battery and drug possession charges. The former star of “The Dukes of Hazzard” television show pleaded guilty to inappropriately touching two women in the cast of a musical in Massachusetts in which he starred. Prosecutors said Wopat was sentenced Friday, July 20, 2018, to a year of probation. (WCVB-TV via AP, Pool, File)

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) — A former star of "The Dukes of Hazzard" television show has pleaded guilty to inappropriately touching two women in the cast of a musical in Massachusetts in which he starred.

Prosecutors say 66-year-old Tom Wopat was sentenced Friday to a year of probation after pleading guilty to two counts of annoying and accosting a person of the opposite sex.

The New York City resident was charged last August with touching two female cast members while rehearsing for "42nd Street" at Waltham's Reagle Music Theatre.

He also received a continuation without a finding for one year after admitting to sufficient facts on the charge of cocaine possession. The drugs were found on his person during his arrest.

Wopat played Luke Duke on the popular 1980s television show.

In recent months, Moonves has become a prominent voice in Hollywood’s #MeToo movement. In December, he helped found the Commission on Eliminating Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality in the Workplace, which is chaired by Anita Hill. “It’s a watershed moment,” Moonves said at a conference in November. “I think it’s important that a company’s culture will not allow for this. And that’s the thing that’s far-reaching. There’s a lot we’re learning. There’s a lot we didn’t know.”

More dependable than a Maytag...the fox always volunteering to guard the henhouse.
  • Like 1