Covers Good and Bad

RollLeft

^^^ That is very, very cool.  Joe Perry's sister on bass I see.

I came to post this dreck I heard on the radio today.  Original sucked shit through a straw but this one delivers with a firehose.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is a terrible cover of a terrible song a double negative?  Does it suddenly become good?  I don't think so.  Regardless, here's the worst band in the world covering the worst song in the world (Let's Go Blues):

<no embedding because apparently even youtube recognizes giant piles of suck for what they are>

Ugh

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is a terrible cover of a terrible song a double negative?  Does it suddenly become good?  I don't think so.  Regardless, here's the worst band in the world covering the worst song in the world (Let's Go Blues):

<no embedding because apparently even youtube recognizes giant piles of suck for what they are>

Ugh

That's a lotta suck.  I didn't get very far.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’m not surprised that Beck would sound more coherent than my drunk deep ellum buddies from back in the day. They were damn good though.

Plus, Beck and coherent aren’t words that go together often.

Yeah, I couldn't tell what Beck had to do with that, to be honest.  It didn't sound like him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, that's incredible.  A few comments:

-- Ringo is a ridiculously good drummer.  I have no idea why anyone would say otherwise, but it happens a lot, and I can only conclude those people are amusical morons.

-- I dig "Char" from Japan

-- the dude from the DR Congo!  Wow!  A perfect performance.

-- Ahmed from Bahrain!  Rajeev from Nepal!  Got damn.  Lovely.

-- Willie's boy!

That's the best thing I've heard in weeks.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I really dig this type of thing.  "The Weight" played by a dozen or so musicians across 10 countries simultaneously, led by Ringo and Robbie Robertson.

there is no way this is done simultaneously.  the latency issues alone would make it very difficult to actually achieve the level of musical timing precision necessary to get those sounds even if armed with the best possible communications tech.  they have to be done separately and then aggregated and produced by the producers. plus, there is a mandolin player playing in the middle of the day in hawaii and a guy playing a sitar in the daytime in nepal while a dude is strumming in bahrain and singing in the drc in daytime.  that would be a strange day.

still super cool, but not simultaneous.