Covers Good and Bad

RollLeft

On 8/1/2020 at 9:41 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Love all 3 of these Ziggy covers

These are interesting but God they are difficult to listen to. I'm not sure what they were going for on the vocals but they missed the mark. I can't tell if the singing or the mastering is worse.

The backing tracks are pretty neat, though. Whoever did them is talented for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO.  It's a horrible song with 6th grade lyrics sung by a guy who can only do big rock vocals.

and?

It's hair band rock, not fucking Shakespeare.  The cover is not better just because Cornell is a more likeable guy..

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO.  It's a horrible song with 6th grade lyrics sung by a guy who can only do big rock vocals.

Saw GnR a couple of times.  My best memory was of Axl throwing a complete temper tantrum during a show.  Appeared pissed because the sound board guys couldn't get something right.  Threw his mic into the crowd and stormed off the stage for a bit.

In the middle of performing Patience.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Saw GnR a couple of times.  My best memory was of Axl throwing a complete temper tantrum during a show.  Appeared pissed because the sound board guys couldn't get something right.  Threw his mic into the crowd and stormed off the stage for a bit.

Oh, the irony.

34 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Slash was a grade ahead of me at my elementary school.  Didn’t realize it until many years later.   

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, CHIEF said:

His bass player and drummer are decent musicians, but their harmony is awesome.

CHIEF

I was running through a bunch of these videos saying "nope, nope,nope" after a few seconds of these mostly horrid covers then saw the thumbnail for this and thought no way they're covering Ace. But hell yeah they threw out some yacht rock! Nice

• Fuck You 1

Yeah, I hate hearing a voice that good doing mostly covers.  He has a lot to offer.  Not everyone can write well, but most everyone can find someone to team up with who can write well.

That said, it's so obviously none of my business, and if he makes his money doing this instead of painting houses, cool.  It's certainly legitimate, but man, if that guy would have walked into my studio and started singing, I would have found him some great original music to sing.

Josh's biggest single to date is "Wild Ones" he wrote it, and performed it. He just needs some composers to believe in him and perform their songs. Some people are singers/songwriters, but most aren't. Or not good enough songwriters to get discovered.

CHIEF

I like them both...a  lot.

The greatest voice Elvis ever heard- Texan Roy Orbison

and then the cover...  Underrated as hell, IMHO. So sexy.

Edited by slorch