Covers Good and Bad

RollLeft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have no idea what nationality she is, and she’s been doing covers for over a decade on YT but just came across her, and she does some really fantastic and skilled covers (playing the vocals instead of singing them).

You may need some good headphones to really appreciate them

My favorite

Others showing her skill (I’ve listened to most of her videos and even the original songs I didn’t like, I enjoyed her versions)

She does a lot of 70s/80s/90s

• Like 1

Not at all sorry if this has already been posted. Lake Street Dive's latest EP is their second "covers" album (here's the first).

This is a song that's always been in my head... it's really hard to top the Cranberries (and Dolores O'Riordan!), but damn if Rachael Price's voice doesn't just resonate for me like no other.

So excited to see them on Sunday night...

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 2:26 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Have no idea what nationality she is, and she’s been doing covers for over a decade on YT but just came across her, and she does some really fantastic and skilled covers (playing the vocals instead of singing them).

You may need some good headphones to really appreciate them

My favorite

Others showing her skill (I’ve listened to most of her videos and even the original songs I didn’t like, I enjoyed her versions)

She does a lot of 70s/80s/90s

She's fantastic, thanks for posting.  Although i can't p!ay a lick the piano/keyboard has always been my favorite instrument to see and hear played so excellently like she does. 

Saw this one awhile back while I was waiting for Gilmour to come on during this shindig.  I think Rodgers is over 60 here iirc.  Good Lord what a ridiculously pure voice not to mention an effortlessly polished show man...

Edited by Cajun

Jeff Tweedy says this is the first song he ever wrote, and that a local (St. Louis) band called Joe Camel & The Caucasians asked to do it when he mentioned he "wrote songs" in a conversation with the singer when he was still a kid.  Not bad for the first try out of the gate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this can go here. I didn’t know they made Almost Famous into a Broadway musical. I just happened to tune into The Tonight Show right at the moment this started. I last watched the movie in 2020. Maybe I’m due for another viewing. It’s one of my favorites.

I also found this. I guess it counts as a cover of sorts too. You can see the guy in the brown leather coat that was Dennis Hope, Stillwater’s new manager sent by the record label and played in the movie by Jimmy Fallon.