High

nivek3

Whats the story with Cannabis in 2018:

https://www.inverse.com/article/43850-marijuana-legal-weed-states-in-2018

Although marijuana remains prohibited by federal law, an increasing number of states have legalized the drug for medical and recreational use in the past few years. In fact, some politicians are running in the 2018 midterm elections on explicitly pro-marijuana platforms.

This kind of mainstream support for legalization would’ve been practically unthinkable twenty years ago. While the exact regulations vary state-by-state, there are three main statewide stances on marijuana: legalized for recreational and medical use, legalized for only medical use, and completely prohibited in line with federal policy.

marijuana laws

Legal Weed for Recreational and Medical Use

Nine states and the District of Columbia have legalized weed for both medical and recreational use. Of this group, Vermont is the only state to have legalized marijuana for recreational use through its legislature (Vermont’s law goes into effect on July 1st). The rest legalized weed through a voter referendum. 

Some of the states have yet to set up a market for purchasing marijuana. In Washington D.C., for example, you can smoke, possess, and gift marijuana, but you can’t legally buy or sell it. In Washington and Colorado, on the other hand, marijuana is a booming industry that brings in a significant amount of tax dollars. Here are all the places where recreational weed is allowed:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • Nevada
  • Oregon
  • Vermont
  • Washington
  • Washington D.C.

Legal Weed for Medical Use

There are 44 states that have legalized marijuana for medical use only. Among these states, about one-third only allow marijuana oils that are high in CBD, the therapeutic ingredient in weed, and low in THC, the psychoactive element. The rest allow the purchase of marijuana from a medical dispensary with a medical marijuana license. The requirements for, and difficulty of procuring a license, vary by state. Here are all the states where only medical marijuana is legal:

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

Marijuana Still Prohibited

Only four states don’t have any allowance for medical marijuana usage. Despite being a small minority, these states are the only ones complying with federal policy. If all of these states legalize medical marijuana in the coming years, we could be left in the peculiar legal situation where every state is in direct conflict with the federal government on marijuana. Here are the states where any medical or recreational marijuana use is illegal:

• Idaho
  • Kansas
  • Nebraska
  • South Dakota

Despite its classification as a Schedule 1 drug — meaning that it has “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse” — popular support for marijuana has reached a fever pitch. A Pew Research poll in January found that 61 percent of Americans believe marijuana should be legal.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

Pro-weed congressman, like, "fuck it- we gonna tryn' push this thru"

cuz, fuck it.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/7xdjqz/sen-chuck-schumer-to-introduce-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

Schumer's bill would allow states to decide how to regulate weed.
The Minority Leader of the Senate is making it official the day before 4/20: He’s down with legal weed. 

In an exclusive interview with VICE News, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) confirmed he is putting his name on legislation that he said is aimed at “decriminalizing” marijuana at the federal level.

For Schumer, this is a shift. While he has backed medical marijuana and the rights of states to experiment with legal sales of pot, what he is proposing is a seismic shift in federal drug policy .

“Ultimately, it’s the right thing to do. Freedom. If smoking marijuana doesn’t hurt anybody else, why shouldn’t we allow people to do it and not make it criminal?” Schumer said.

While Schumer’s position in the Senate make his support of de-scheduling significant, he’s hardly the first high-profile Democrat to back such a move. Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) has long been a proponent of removing marijuana from the federal list of controlled substances, and Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) recently introduced the Marijuana Justice Act, which would federally legalize weed. Republicans, who still control Congress, haven’t been as open to the idea, though recent polls have shown a majority of party members now favor legalization. 

The legislation, which Schumer’s office expects will be released within the next week, has six main points. First, it would remove marijuana from Drug Enforcement Administration’s list of controlled substances, which would end federal prohibition and leave it up to states to decide how to regulate the drug. Schumer stopped short of calling it legalization, but de-scheduling would essentially make marijuana legal at the federal level.

His bill would also would create some funding for minority and women-owned marijuana businesses, provide money for research into overall effects of marijuana and it’s specific effect on driving impairment. And lastly, it would “maintain federal authority to regulate marijuana advertising in the same way it does alcohol and tobacco,” which Schumer said is to make sure marijuana businesses aren’t targeting children with their ads. 

Schumer went further saying that he would support legalization in his home state of New York as well as any other state that wants to move in that direction. “My personal view is legalization is just fine,” he said. “The best thing to do is let each state decide on its own.” 

While this looks like an obvious election year-play, Schumer claimed it wasn’t about he looming 2018 or 2020 elections. 

“I’m doing it because I think it’s the right thing to do. I’ve seen too many people’s lives ruined by the criminalization,” he said. “If we benefit, so be it. But that’s not my motivation.” 

When asked if he had ever smoked weed before, Schumer said no, but when pressed on whether he might be willing to try it he said, “Maybe, I’m a little old, but who knows?” 

Cover image: Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. during a news conference on gun control at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, March 1, 2018. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

On 4/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, Nuge said:

Picked these up yesterday.3773b7be5f464850709e66c712e4c212.jpg8b8f9a5c52ec08c196adeabdc52d43e1.jpg7b79a95818add574f80580fea08c754e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Like it or not, this is the future of weed.  I enjoy a good flower all the time, but these vapes are so concentrated and so convenient.  Personally, I like to get stoopid when I'm stoned.  I like to get baked and dance with my pants off while laughing at my fiancee for no reason at all.  I will even throw in a few helicopter spins right near her face if she isn't paying attention.  That's how I roll.  So that being said, I almost have to smoke the vape to get as high as I need to.  The flower just doesn't have enough umphhh in it.  I do enjoy it still though.  But the vape is so much more clean and convenient that I pretty much use that when i have it available.

7 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Like it or not, this is the future of weed.  I enjoy a good flower all the time, but these vapes are so concentrated and so convenient.  Personally, I like to get stoopid when I'm stoned.  I like to get baked and dance with my pants off while laughing at my fiancee for no reason at all.  I will even throw in a few helicopter spins right near her face if she isn't paying attention.  That's how I roll.  So that being said, I almost have to smoke the vape to get as high as I need to.  The flower just doesn't have enough umphhh in it.  I do enjoy it still though.  But the vape is so much more clean and convenient that I pretty much use that when i have it available.

It's also just so much easier.  

And they're much cheaper.  These fuckers last forever.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Nolacycling said:

I'm headed there in a month for the first time. Please add some insight.

Also a question. Are there stores in CO as soon as you drive over the state line similar to fireworks? 

I stayed in an apartment near Coors Field. 22nd and Market. there are bars and restaurants all around that area. Dispensaries are near 16th Street Mall, but generally anywhere.anywhere .

I flew, but I'd be shocked if there weren't shops at the CO border.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Nolacycling said:

I'm headed there in a month for the first time. Please add some insight.

Also a question. Are there stores in CO as soon as you drive over the state line similar to fireworks? 

Use the app weedmaps for locations. There are going to be some shops pretty near the border, but would be surprised if they arent more budget weed shops.

If you want flower and you’re downtown, hit up Mile High Health. Have had numerous strains from them over 30%. If you don’t have anything to smoke with, you could always get their prerolls. Platinum Valley, Blue Skunk, Cataract Kush, Skyrunner, Bio-Star are all awesome. 

If you want a vape pen with cartridges, just get on weedmaps and see who offers what near you and possible deals ($25 off vape pen sometimes).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, !!!HOTDOGS!!! said:

today got flower and my guy said it was the same name. makes sense tho I never thought about it but do flower and cartridges trend the same?

Sometimes. Lemon Haze is a strain of flower, and in that case a concentrate was made out of only that strain. Often times, concentrates and vape pen carts are a mixture of flower and trim from different plants, but overall have an intended sativa, hybrid, or indica feel to them.

Higher quality concentrate manufacturers stay true to a strain, i.e. Olio.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, UncleCharlie said:

I had half of a brownie a few years ago after not even smoking since around 1990.  I thought I was going to die.  I was still high AF more than 24 hours later.

I did like the warm feeling that washed over my body at the beginning though.  

I was visiting some friends in LA about 10 years ago for a big Halloween party. Everyone was pretty drunk and enjoying the evening when one of my buddies offered me a "chocolate chip cookie". I remember it being greasy but delicious. I was starving and so while he wasn't looking I grabbed his ziplock bag and helped myself to 6-8 cookies. Needles to say I do not remember the rest of the evening. One of his roommates worked in the movie biz and made props for Disney. In their living room was this giant skeleton with a cloak that looked like the grim reaper. Somewhere I have this photo of me passed out, sitting in front of this skeleton with its arms wrapped around me. Good times. 

Edited by nivek3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, nivek3 said:

I was visiting some friends in LA about 10 years ago for a big Halloween party. Everyone was pretty drunk and enjoying the evening when one of my buddies offered me a "chocolate chip cookie". I remember it being greasy but delicious. I was starving and so while he wasn't looking I grabbed his ziplock bag and helped myself to 6-8 cookies. Needles to say I do not remember the rest of the evening. One of his roommates worked in the movie biz and made props for Disney. In their living room was this giant skeleton with a cloak that looked like the grim reaper. Somewhere I have this photo of me passed out, sitting in front of this skeleton with its arms wrapped around me. Good times. 

Long long ago when I lived off 360 we had a huge party.   I snuck a pill from my buddy’s older brothers stash thinking it was an upper.  It was mescaline.  I was out mowing the yard at 2am before my friends drug me back inside.  That shit lasted like 12hours and I wasn’t right for a day or so.  Shit I guess I’m still not.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Long long ago when I lived off 360 we had a huge party.   I snuck a pill from my buddy’s older brothers stash thinking it was an upper.  It was mescaline.  I was out mowing the yard at 2am before my friends drug me back inside.  That shit lasted like 12hours and I wasn’t right for a day or so.  Shit I guess I’m still not.  

Lol. That's crazy you were mowing the yard. I would think that loud mower would scare the shit out of you on that stuff. I noticed your user name, you ever try eating one of those Texan burgers at Judge Beans? They used to have locations all over Fort Worth but I think the only one left is in Keller. I can remember going there once with some friends and a buddy tried to do the challenge. I think it was 5lbs of beef? Needless to say he didn't make it. Matter of fact he ended up throwing up in the parking lot before we left. Oh the joy of gluttony.

The first weekend after I moved to sanfran I went with some friends to a joe Rogan comedy show. I drank a bit and then my buddy gave me a cookie. It was dark but I could tell it was tinted green. I ate the whole thing. Laughed so hard at the first joke I missed the next series of jokes then woke up when the lights were on and the place was empty. All my friends left me. I got a cab and got home. I was baked the next day until about 10pm. 

Don’t doubt it for a second. But remember being paranoid and when I’m like that I usually close up shop. Probably 85% chance I was embarrassed from laughing so hard then passed out. 15% I was annoying as shit. 

On 4/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Anyone have any experience with disposable vape pens? Thinking about grabbing a couple for hassle-free clandestine use the next time I'm in California. 

What about bringing them in a carry on on a flight out of CA? I don't have any meaningful experience with vaping (pot or otherwise) and don't know whether the pot versions are essentially indistinguishable from less illicit products or if it's readily apparent what they are. 

“Refine” brand is good. I bought them in SEA, dunno if they made their way south. I throw them in my toiletry bag. Wax goes into an empty pill bottle, flower wrapped in foil and into a pair of tube socks. TSA doesn’t give a shit about weed.

On 4/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, Degenerate Gardner said:

Homemade edibles can make for bad times, especially if you're an infrequent THC consumer.  I've seen more than one person go from "I'm not feeling it" to incapacitated before they knew it.  That is not fun.

On 4/7/2018 at 6:18 PM, Doc Reeves said:

Yeah, you need to proceed with caution. If someone else is making butter or cookies, it is practically guaranteed 100% that they will have a different tolerance than you. Just think: if you rarely smoke and they are making extracts of the shit in their kitchen, chances are pretty good one cookie could fuck you up for 2 solid days

And, now, I laugh about it.  But, holy shit, that was a wild ride.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:36 PM, Rivers said:

Just got back from Jamaica. We have much, much better in the states now, but I did enjoy the local stuff. Needed to be dried out more, and had seeds, but I can't complain.

I haven't seen a seed in ages.

A friend of mine brought me some gummies from Colorado and I just tried my first one with a glass of wine. While enjoying the flavor profile of this chewy tidbit, I was reading the label and noticed on the bottom that this particular brand has gluten free & vegan ingredients. What a thoughtful gesture to bring me a health-conscious treat! Of course I will annihilate any health gains later when I destroy a pan of brownies. But it was thoughtful non the less. 

Gx-3mbZh123h3y8h8DgLG_ZNIHXqPSD5KciDR2gtrgFCzxCdVj2oalxYc85901V-WZMnIAlu4SP3CIOc3PeKI8LPT8idJHXjT7L-OfC5uRlAK1N6h5lOKrYTqZevQuAO5Fnt5pkOkEff4ZQV8BJx2xMCTSldZ9pdCWU0HOMFyZFUsS2ldebY_s5LhiDwT9i41tUgG63THg-4zYZrlMdJV9ynrNZZm2JlyiSWQMHc_DzZv-Diko64a6DB40REyPdVfKi2tlWZXYO7epxGIU3GVW_OkF4NI0oNTkXaXoM0Ob5ZNiBAlOjaxkj9ppuIWndGF93jAUEdYWmHb390y4rfgEPrEGMrR5KQcs5liOHPnF_nSOIWnAMJSSvGN45CXa-kchSFF8Ehbz-VvQn6iF-h2NHaUQB6TFU833MxVd3zhA64xv7i0U5iafgDA-PZTwiTRJLPF04vJlzI3unHursGlbwqwjPN5-9Xtj_mS2pqfdLgus1P7MR6w38XJ-XdUwUwFKdTO1oLe8Y0B13LVa98TdXKlKyOat0wu5wzrpJD_OxaSeHPo_hc1OL0gq04x0XdynVogqwIzWTR8tkZiOoqzbgO9ZDnq5Zpp6pnafc=w901-h1192-no

• Like 1

My buddy dropped his pen in the river and asked me to get a clay pot pen for shatter. I have no idea what the fuck that is Ana google wasn’t any help.

Anyone wanna help point me in the right direction? Do they sell those in regular vape shops? Can i get one in Seguin?

On 4/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Anyone have any experience with disposable vape pens? Thinking about grabbing a couple for hassle-free clandestine use the next time I'm in California. 

What about bringing them in a carry on on a flight out of CA? I don't have any meaningful experience with vaping (pot or otherwise) and don't know whether the pot versions are essentially indistinguishable from less illicit products or if it's readily apparent what they are. 

They are great. Going out there in July and will bring some of these back if I can. https://www.stickevape.com/. 70% THC.

When you go over to a friends house, you walk in and it smells very, very potently like dog shit. But they can't smell it so you figure this man has been sitting in the smell of dog shit for so long, like it's normal, that he can't smell it anymore. Anyway, proceed to offer help in searching the house for large piles of dog shit. Find nothing.

Why am I posting this here? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

When you go over to a friends house, you walk in and it smells very, very potently like dog shit. But they can't smell it so you figure this man has been sitting in the smell of dog shit for so long, like it's normal, that he can't smell it anymore. Anyway, proceed to offer help in searching the house for large piles of dog shit. Find nothing.

Why am I posting this here? 

Labrador?

Just leaving Trinidad, CO. I had never been inside a dispensary. Amazing! So nice to control of what I put in my body, because of labelling, variety.

I left w/2 Sativa , 1/hybrid cartridge and 20 gummies Sativa. Really enjoying gummies.

Edited by Nolacycling