High

nivek3

12 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

No way in hell would I touch a cartridge that I didn't personally buy from a dispensary.

Ya I’m surprised more people aren’t open to taking a days drive, a sleep or two, and another days drive home with a supply. I understand the legal ramifications, but if you’re totally sober on the drive home and don’t have flower not in stink proof jars, you’re pretty golden.

Dispo I go to sells 4 for $100 of 500mg carts of their live resin with 0 additives and the flavor puts everything to shame. I don’t get them any longer, but I definitely sampled the goods. Seems a half years supply could be had for a less frequent smoker than I for a few hundred on dope as fuck carts. Not like I’ve thought of how I’ll function living back in Texas or anything haha.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

I'm stoned af my stash is running low. Headed to Colorado to re-up for the year in Feb. It's insane that I haven't been back to CB in 2 years. I used to love there and just go to the store like it was a beer store. Now I have to rely on care packages from friends that go.

• Like 1

Max limits:

• (6) Flowering plants
  • (6) Vegetative plants
  • (12) Vegetative plants for the purpose of cloning
  • (18) Seedlings (less than 1mo old)
  • Grow space must be secured, and medical license must have cultivation permission (extra fee, no checks)

Still limits, but sure as fuck beats no plants, or having to watch over your shoulder every second of every day.

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Max limits:

• (6) Flowering plants
  • (6) Vegetative plants
  • (12) Vegetative plants for the purpose of cloning
  • (18) Seedlings (less than 1mo old)
  • Grow space must be secured, and medical license must have cultivation permission (extra fee, no checks)

Still limits, but sure as fuck beats no plants, or having to watch over your shoulder every second of every day.

Where is this? 

47 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Where is this? 

Not Texas. :(

Most of the inner workings are not usually newsworthy around here. Most of the time you see bullets about 6 flowering plants. You have to really dig to find the rest.

But the short of it is for $100/yr (for a med card and cultivation option), plus whatever your grow costs are, you're more than in business for yourself. Other card holders can also designate you as their "caregiver", which allows another 6 plants (per "patient") in both veg and flower.

The downside is you cannot sell off excess to the dispensaries. It would have been nice if that were an option, even if you had to pay for testing per strain/per grow.

On 1/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, I Plead Da Fif said:

Ya I’m surprised more people aren’t open to taking a days drive, a sleep or two, and another days drive home with a supply. I understand the legal ramifications, but if you’re totally sober on the drive home and don’t have flower not in stink proof jars, you’re pretty golden.

Dispo I go to sells 4 for $100 of 500mg carts of their live resin with 0 additives and the flavor puts everything to shame. I don’t get them any longer, but I definitely sampled the goods. Seems a half years supply could be had for a less frequent smoker than I for a few hundred on dope as fuck carts. Not like I’ve thought of how I’ll function living back in Texas or anything haha.

I'm in Co for work about every 6 weeks. I usually buy two 500mg carts while I'm there. One lasts me a month or maybe a little longer, so I'm starting to get a little stockpile going. I only buy Lusso or Craft Reserve and I've never been disappointed. I've never flown with flower, but a buddy at work does it all the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm in Co for work about every 6 weeks. I usually buy two 500mg carts while I'm there. One lasts me a month or maybe a little longer, so I'm starting to get a little stockpile going. I only buy Lusso or Craft Reserve and I've never been disappointed. I've never flown with flower, but a buddy at work does it all the time. 

Apothecary Farms has the highest quality live resin extraction process as far as I’ve seen and they put the same stuff in their carts. May want to venture there if you’re wanting to try something different. Their concentrates are sold in other shops, in addition to their own, but their carts are only at their shop. Even though High Level Health are a bunch of greedy bastards who no longer really support medical, they have the best flower in the downtown area.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

59 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Apothecary Farms has the highest quality live resin extraction process as far as I’ve seen and they put the same stuff in their carts. May want to venture there if you’re wanting to try something different. Their concentrates are sold in other shops, in addition to their own, but their carts are only at their shop. Even though High Level Health are a bunch of greedy bastards who no longer really support medical, they have the best flower in the downtown area.

I usually hit The Green Solution if I'm staying in Westminster, or if I'm downtown at the Westin, Euflora on the 16th st Mall is walking distance. 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, RPM said:

I got a gift from Kentucky Smoke Shop when I ordered some pipes. Mine is the same type, but a different pattern on the holes. Regardless, this is the greatest grinder I've ever owned. Doesn't get clogged up like spiral grinders do. Works like a cheese grater.

credit_card_grinder1__87485_zoom__48075_

Thanks to your posts I’ve looked at some of their stuff but damn at the shipping costs 

1 hour ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

My Peak came in last night. Had no idea how much I was wasting by not using the Peak. Wow.

I loved mine for about 4 months until the battery crapped out. It was a bitch trying to get the co. To replace it.

i would highly recommend babying that battery and cleaning it religiously 

7 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I loved mine for about 4 months until the battery crapped out. It was a bitch trying to get the co. To replace it.

i would highly recommend babying that battery and cleaning it religiously 

I have been cleaning the bowl pretty religiously, because I want the best flavor possible. What do you mean by babying the battery though? There’s a Puffco Repair place here in Denver so if shit it’s the fan, I guess I can take it there.

9 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

I have been cleaning the bowl pretty religiously, because I want the best flavor possible. What do you mean by babying the battery though? There’s a Puffco Repair place here in Denver so if shit it’s the fan, I guess I can take it there.

Yeah the battery. Mostly common sense stuff like don't leave it plugged it too long, make sure the connection between the bowl and the battery doesn’t get build up, let it discharge all the way before recharging every once and a while. 
like I said, it was a pain getting stuff fixed for me. 

On 1/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, Doc Reeves said:

Yeah the battery. Mostly common sense stuff like don't leave it plugged it too long, make sure the connection between the bowl and the battery doesn’t get build up, let it discharge all the way before recharging every once and a while. 
like I said, it was a pain getting stuff fixed for me. 

Thanks for the tip. I read some horror stories online. I guess there will be lemons with everything. That said, I can see how people can misuse the product easily by getting bowl leakage to the atomizer and then all hell breaks loose. Will definitely look into quartz bowls for replacements.

All that said, it is an amazing device. Not made with as high quality of parts as a Volcano it seems, nor is it as expensive, but the function is incredible and flavor is unmatched in my experience.

This morning, I loaded a tiny dab of Clementine that would be too small for me with a rig, but both my lady and I shared the bowl as we were getting ready and didn’t need to finish it. Seems it’s starting to pay for itself.

48 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Thanks for the tip. I read some horror stories online. I guess there will be lemons with everything. That said, I can see how people can misuse the product easily by getting bowl leakage to the atomizer and then all hell breaks loose. Will definitely look into quartz bowls for replacements.

All that said, it is an amazing device. Not made with as high quality of parts as a Volcano it seems, nor is it as expensive, but the function is incredible and flavor is unmatched in my experience.

This morning, I loaded a tiny dab of Clementine that would be too small for me with a rig, but both my lady and I shared the bowl as we were getting ready and didn’t need to finish it. Seems it’s starting to pay for itself.

Oh yeah, that thing is nails when it’s running right

Big year coming for legal weed

It looks like 2020 could be a very big year for marijuana legalization.

The year began with a bang when Illinois started recreational marijuana sales, after the state became the 10th in the country and the second in the Midwest to legalize marijuana.

It’s a big deal because Illinois is a big state — the sixth most populous overall and the second most populous to legalize pot — but also because of how Illinois legalized: It’s the first state to allow recreational sales through the legislature, meaning state lawmakers and the governor signed off on it. That typically cautious politicians signed off on legalization is a testament to its growing political appeal.

Several state governments could follow Illinois’s lead this year. In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo has pushed for legalization — and it almost passed in 2019, with a deal falling apart at the last minute due to disagreements about how the tax revenue raised should be used and how to help people hurt by the war on weed. In New Mexico, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has made it a priority to legalize marijuana, though it’s unclear if the legislature is ready to do so. In Vermont, Gov. Phil Scott, who legalized marijuana possession but not sales, now may be open to legalizing sales. Connecticut and Rhode Island also could legalize through their legislatures.

Most states that have legalized so far, however, have done so through ballot initiatives, and many more may join them. Recreational legalization could end up on the ballot this year in Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and South Dakota. Idaho, Mississippi, Nebraska, and South Dakota may vote on medical marijuana this year too. Not all of these are guaranteed to appear on the ballot, much less win a vote, but activists are trying. (Mona Zhang at Politico and Tom Angell at Forbes have good rundowns of these efforts.)

Separately, Virginia is likely to decriminalize marijuana, which would keep some penalties on pot, particularly fines, but attempt to remove the threat of arrest, jail, or prison.

In all, that means at least 18 states stand to loosen their marijuana laws just this year.

Although marijuana is legal under some states’ laws, it remains illegal under federal law — creating all sorts of hurdles, from taxing to banking to interstate commerce, even in places where weed is legal under state law. President Donald Trump has maintained that status quo, opposing federal legalization but letting states decide the issue for themselves.

It’s notable, then, that all the higher-polling Democratic presidential candidates, with the exception of Joe Biden, support legalizing pot. That could make a big difference in spurring Congress to take action or if, as Bernie Sanders promised, the next president takes executive action to pull back prohibition.

A lot of this is still up in the air. But it’s all buoyed by one fact: Marijuana legalization is very popular nationwide, according to the most recent polls. That’s emboldening both activists and lawmakers to take the issue far more seriously than in years past.

Marijuana legalization is very popular

According to Gallup, only about 34 percent of US adults supported marijuana legalization in 2001. By 2019, that was up to 66 percent — a full two-thirds.

Gallup is not alone in its findings. Another poll, from the Pew Research Center, found 67 percent of Americans now back marijuana legalization, up from less than half of that two decades prior. Opposition to legalization also dropped to 32 percent, down from almost double that two decades before.

Pew also asked respondents what kind of legalization they back. About 59 percent said they want medical and recreational legalization, while 32 percent said they only want medical legalization. Only 8 percent said neither.

To put it another way: Fewer than one in 10 Americans agree with the current federal policy on marijuana.

Pew found that even a majority — 55 percent — of Republicans, who are generally more skeptical of drug policy reform, support legalizing pot (though it’s unclear if some of them only back medical legalization). Gallup produced similar findings, with 51 percent of Republicans backing legalization. This means a bipartisan majority now backs the change.

This helps explain why marijuana legalization has spread to 10 states and Washington, DC, with at least one marijuana legalization victory during each of the past four federal elections. That’s why the Democratic candidates have overwhelmingly landed on the side of legalization. It’s why Trump’s administration, despite at first hinting at a renewed war on marijuana, has mostly taken a hands-off approach to states that legalize. And it’s why more states are now moving toward legalization.

Supporters of legalization argue that it eliminates the harms of marijuana prohibition: the hundreds of thousands of arrests around the US, the racial disparities behind those arrests, and the billions of dollars that flow from the black market for illicit marijuana to drug cartels that then use the money for violent operations around the world. All of this, legalization advocates say, will outweigh any of the potential downsides — such as increased cannabis use — that might come with legalization.

Opponents, however, claim that legalization will enable a huge marijuana industry that will market the drug irresponsibly. They point to America’s experiences with the alcohol and tobacco industries in particular, which have built their financial empires in large part on some of the heaviest consumers of their products. This could result in more people using pot, even if it leads to negative health consequences.

If you want to understand why supporters keep winning, just look to the polling: Americans overwhelmingly and increasingly agree that it’s time to legalize pot.

For more on marijuana legalization, read Vox’s explainer.

• Like 1

This will please some of you: the Austin City Council just voted to effectively make possession of small amounts of marijuana legal in Austin by voting  to defund the testing of small amounts of weed.  Wonder if this will help with recruiting? ;);)

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...juana-possession-no-longer-enforced-in-austin

This will please some of you: the Austin City Council just voted to effectively make possession of small amounts of marijuana legal in Austin by voting  to defund the testing of small amounts of weed.  Wonder if this will help with recruiting? clear.png

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...juana-possession-no-longer-enforced-in-austin
That's been going on in almost every major city for the last 6 months

1 minute ago, midtown said:
28 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:
This will please some of you: the Austin City Council just voted to effectively make possession of small amounts of marijuana legal in Austin by voting  to defund the testing of small amounts of weed.  Wonder if this will help with recruiting? clear.pngemoji6.png

That's been going on in almost every major city for the last 6 months

This is the first time its been spelled out as a matter of fiscal policy by a governing body. 

On 1/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, Buzzrock said:

Just took out my AirPods instead of my chapstick and got half way to my face before I realized it.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:03 PM, Buzzrock said:

Just took out my AirPods instead of my chapstick and got half way to my face before I realized it.

Haha damn I want what you’re smokin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is the first time its been spelled out as a matter of fiscal policy by a governing body. 
So Austin

The day after the Austin City Council approved a resolution to stop arresting or ticketing people for most low-level marijuana possession offenses, the police chief made clear he had no plans to do so.

“[Marijuana] is still illegal, and we will still enforce marijuana law if we come across people smoking in the community,” Chief Brian Manley said during a news conference Friday afternoon.

1 hour ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Damn that looks like you need a chisel. Is that more like shatter or one huge flat crystal?

Surprisingly malleable but firm. Someone has a 2oz wafer that is a single piece about 15mm thick.  Guy also has a smaller wafer that looks like a piece of window glass. It’s crazy, totally clear. 

So now we shall have ‘Super Stoners

A newly discovered cannabis compound has been shown in the lab to potentially be 30 times more potent than THC, the most studied psychoactive compound in marijuana.

Whether the new cannabinoid, named tetrahydrocannabiphorol, or THCP, will deliver 30 times the high of THC — or any high at all — is unclear.

Italian scientists also discovered a second previously unknown compound they named CBDP. It appears to be a cousin of CBD, the medicinal compound known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anticonvulsant activity.

The discoveries were recently published in the journal Nature, Scientific Reports.

Discovering the compounds

The compounds were isolated and identified from the Italian medical cannabis variety known as FM2 using mass spectrometry and metabolomics, processes used to find the basic chemicals of a sample or molecule.

The authors assessed the ability of THCP to bind to human cannabinoid receptors found in the endocannabinoid system by sending the compound to a lab to be tested in a tube.

The endocannabinoid system's job is to keep our body in homeostasis, or equilibrium, and it regulates everything from sleep to appetite to inflammation to pain and more. When a person smokes marijuana, THC overwhelms the endocannabinoid system, latching on to cannabinoid receptors and interfering with their ability to communicate between neurons.

THCP bound strongly to both receptors -- 33 times more than THC does, and 63 times more than another compound called THCV. The finding led the authors to wonder if THCP might explain why some particularly potent cannabis varieties have a stronger effect than can be explained by the presence of THC alone.

"This means that these compounds have higher affinity for the receptors in the human body," said Dr. Cinzia Citti, lead author of the research and post-doctoral fellow in life sciences at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia in Italy. "In cannabis varieties where THC is present in very low concentrations, then we can think that the presence of another, more active cannabinoid can explain those effects."

The role of alkyl side chains

The alkyl side chain is the driving force behind a cannabinoid's effects on humans. For most of the nearly 150 cannabis compounds, including THC, the chain is only five atoms long, the authors said.

However, THCP has a seven-atom chain, meaning that in its natural form it has surpassed the potency of THC.

A cannabinoid with more than five atoms has never been previously reported as naturally occurring, according to the authors. Additionally, most of them have neither been isolated nor characterized because of how challenging it is.

"The challenge is that it can take a long time to isolate, especially with rare sources," said Dr. Jane Ishmael, associate professor in Oregon State University's College of Pharmacy. "I get the impression that these products were present in small amounts, so it's a surprise to find the natural products from a cannabis plant that we've known about for a long time."

Potential effects in humans

CBD has mostly been the focus of studies on the health benefits of cannabis, but because THCP appears to show stronger binding abilities and potency, the authors think there is potential for health benefits.

The findings could enable the production of cannabis extracts for targeted physical effects; more testing with the study's methods could further the discovery and identification of new compounds, the authors said.

"There are other minor cannabinoids and traces in the plant that can be hard to study, but by isolation we can continue to assess the effects they might offer," Ishmael said.

Edited by Doc Reeves

Cleaning the pipe now as we speak (no homo)

Anyone ever had experience with Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome? My chick has it and can only smoke a little every now and then or else she ends up in a hospital for 2 days. 

It would be awesome if we can just hurry up and legalize at the federal level. The research alone would have a huge impact.

16 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

A hate to speak well of any Chicago alderman, but Tunney pulled off rocket surgery with a rec shop 1/4 mile from Wrigley. Chads and Beckys are gonna be gettin after it this summer, boys.

The only downside in Illinois right now is recreational supply. It’s tight, and they've done that intentionally. Not for the long term, but they are trying to work the supply up towards the demand, vice ending up with a situation like Washington/Oregon where they granted a ton of licenses and now shit is going to waste. 

IIRC they have a round of new licenses in May and December scheduled. They are also allowing current growers to expand a bit as well.