High

nivek3

9 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

That’s the biggest con about edibles the lag but I eat 1 50mg gummy a day at like 4 or 5pm and I’m good till lights out 

Depending on the kind of edible you’re eating, if you let it dissolve in your mouth instead of eating it it will hit you way faster. Can do this with most chocolates or gummies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Depending on the kind of edible you’re eating, if you let it dissolve in your mouth instead of eating it it will hit you way faster. Can do this with most chocolates or gummies.

Woah! Will be trying. I’ll have to chew them up a little. 

14 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I quit smoking it and vaping it. Edibles only. I love them and my chest doesn’t feel like it’s caving in

Vaping concentrate from the Puffco Peak and Plus has done wonders for my lungs vs 3 years ago where I was smoking joints, blunts and bong hits of flower and using an ecig.

5 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Woah! Will be trying. I’ll have to chew them up a little. 

A piece of chocolate for me is usually 50 or 100mg per dose. If I let it dissolve in my mouth instead of eat I usually notice being high 5-10 minutes after I put it in my mouth with a come up that is seemingly steady for the next hour.

Legitimacy has arrived...

https://mashable.com/article/colorado-state-university-pueblo-cannabis-biology-chemistry/

Students at a Colorado university can soon major in cannabis

The program is called "Cannabis, Biology and Chemistry."

Some students in Colorado will soon be able to major in weed instead of just smoking it in their dorm rooms.

Colorado State University-Pueblo just received approval for the state's first degree program focused on cannabis, the Denver Post reports. The program is called "Cannabis, Biology and Chemistry" and will be similar to a double major in biology and chemistry, dean of the university's College of Science and Mathematics David Lehmpuhl told the Post. The focus will be on learning the science necessary to succeed in the field.

Lehmpuhl said the degree will be rigorous. He also stated that the university is not pro or anti cannabis, but rather they know that the industry will continue to grow and they want students to be prepared.

SEE ALSO: Here's how to introduce the boomer in your life to weed

CSU-Pueblo is not the first college to offer cannabis-related courses and programs. Two universities in Michigan, Northern Michigan University and Lake Superior State University, for example, offer similar chemistry-based programs. The University of Washington offers a training program called "Medical Cannabis and Pain." Other universities have single courses available, and Canadian colleges have gotten in the cannabis game as well since it became legal in 2018.

While CSU-Pueblo students will not be working with high levels of THC — the component in weed that gets you high — the university is expecting high demand for the program. As recreational cannabis becomes legal in more states, we may be seeing more programs like this pop up in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I’m sure this was covered a year or so ago based on what I could see searching. But what is likelihood of getting nabbed bringing back herb/vape cartridges from Vegas to Texas?  If little risk, what are best practices?

I’ve always thought that you want to have it in your carry on.They randomly search checked bags. If it’s herb, it shows up as an organic substance on an airport scanner, so you can plastic baggy it and put it inside something cotton (socks, rolled or folded shorts or jeans, etc) and it is concealed. If I were going to take that risk, I’d stick to herb and edibles not in their original packaging. I wouldn’t try and smuggle a bunch of carts on a plane. That may seem kinda obvious. If I felt so compelled, I may walk on board the plane with 1 or 2 in my pocket acting like it’s a nicotine cart, but that’s just me.

I travel almost weekly for work, and carry a vape pen with me pretty much everywhere. Just stick it in my briefcase and put it right through the scanner. If I'm traveling to a legal state like Colorado or Cali, I'll just bring the battery and buy a couple new cartridges when I get there. I'll usually buy two at a time, screw one on the battery and unbox the other one, but leave it in the little plastic tube and throw it in my dop kit. Never traveled with flower, but what IPDF says above is probably right on. 

I’ve traveled all over the world for 2 years with about 6g or wax rolling around at the bottom of my carry on bag. Guess I stuck some stuff in my bag in LA and just missed it. Still had the receipt and everything. Made that trip to Greece much, much better.

if you’re not going to Singapore, I wouldn’t worry too much. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:44 PM, I Plead Da Fif said:

I’ve always thought that you want to have it in your carry on.They randomly search checked bags. If it’s herb, it shows up as an organic substance on an airport scanner, so you can plastic baggy it and put it inside something cotton (socks, rolled or folded shorts or jeans, etc) and it is concealed. If I were going to take that risk, I’d stick to herb and edibles not in their original packaging. I wouldn’t try and smuggle a bunch of carts on a plane. That may seem kinda obvious. If I felt so compelled, I may walk on board the plane with 1 or 2 in my pocket acting like it’s a nicotine cart, but that’s just me.

Username checks out

• 2 weeks later...

Wedding cake is really nice. Not sure on the other two. I have a 10-pack of Orange Sherbert from Barney's Farm, but haven't ran any yet. Never had an issue with their genetics though, so not really worried about it. Have their Strawberry Lemonade running now, so looking forward to that.

Have some green crack that's just finishing its 4th week of curing. Trim from it was really good, as has been the couple small test pinches I've tried (to see where it was at) from right after the dry and 2 weeks into curing. Smells fucking delicious, and getting better every time I burp a jar.

For some reason the images aren’t loading for me BigHorn, but I love Sunset Sherbet. One of the few strains where I’m able to recall a time, place and overall feeling when I first tried it with my lady on a bridge on vacation in Seattle watching the sunset. Love the relaxation without being too heavy coupled with a euphoria.

Haven’t tried Wedding Cake, but I’ve been meaning to as most all Cookies genetics are fire.

My favorite strains as of late (live resin exclusively):

Sour GMO

Grape Cola

Sour Joker

Raspberry Lychee

Tropicanna Cookies (Clementine x GSC, rather than Tangie x GSC, hence the 2 n’s)

Coal Creek Kush or Stardawg for anxiety relief

Smores for I’m going to get great sleep within the next hour and nothing can stop it

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

1 hour ago, destroya said:

Why not both? Buy a Mighty (same folks who make the Volcano) and vape flower. 

Your lungs will thank you. 

I am a pretty solitary smoker. Mostly just sneaking out to the garage when the kid goes to bed, hitting a vape pen on my own as I'm walking into a bar when I go out with friends (I had to quit drinking), etc. - no real "network" of people that I regularly smoke with any longer who can show me the ropes of this whole goddamned newfangled Brave New World of pot. 

I feel like a fucking dinosaur, but I find the whole vaping thing just completely overwhelming, so I have just been sticking with disposable pens. 

It's worse than trying to buy a TV or a smartphone - I don't know what 3/4 of this shit is or why I need it or how to comparison shop or figure out what product I even want/need and, perhaps most importantly, how to even use most of it. 

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I am a pretty solitary smoker. Mostly just sneaking out to the garage when the kid goes to bed, hitting a vape pen on my own as I'm walking into a bar when I go out with friends (I had to quit drinking), etc. - no real "network" of people that I regularly smoke with any longer who can show me the ropes of this whole goddamned newfangled Brave New World of pot. 

I feel like a fucking dinosaur, but I find the whole vaping thing just completely overwhelming, so I have just been sticking with disposable pens. 

It's worse than trying to buy a TV or a smartphone - I don't know what 3/4 of this shit is or why I need it or how to comparison shop or figure out what product I even want/need and, perhaps most importantly, how to even use most of it. 

Not sure if there was a question in there, but just get a Mighty. Since it vaporizes the thc without burning the flower, you inhale a lot less crap. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Not sure if there was a question in there, but just get a Mighty. Since it vaporizes the thc without burning the flower, you inhale a lot less crap. 

33 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Just watched the instructional video. I could probably handle the initial round but after that it seems like it would get far more complicated 

Not sure which part would get complicated. But the whole thing is super easy. 

Edited by destroya

Got a Pax 2 recently. Wasnt impressed much at first, but I watched a YouTube video and followed the suggestion of buying a 3D screen kit with a pusher. I love the device and the way it works for me, but it is most definitely not a convenient carry around thing. It's great for home use. All I use is flower. 

Also bought a funnel kit off Amazon. Makes loading a breeze. 

Edited by SurlyBDR

17 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Or the Pax 3. Mixed reviews here but can handle the flower or wax/crumble.

My store in Chicago decided to rollout on-line ordering for rec. Small ordering windows and limited product (no flower), but no wait at the shop. Got a couple disposable pens (Outer Space, Island Lime Haze).

I’ve got a couple of friends who have the pax 3. None of them like it. My brother has a Mighty and Pax 3 and the Mighty is easier to use, has better temp control and gives bigger hits. 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Cross posted from the COVID thread.

Any pulmonologists, etc., have any firm opinions on whether vaping vs. smoking flower is the least worst idea for right now? 

I know which method I think my lungs prefer, but am interested in hearing an from someone with a well-reasoned opinion. 

Not a doctor but you’d probably be best off vaporizing live concentrate. Less hits for effect, not to mention live concentrate will provide a better overall medicinal effect. Many medicinal benefits are found in concert with terpenes which live concentrates are usually full of.

I’ve heard a story that if you’re vaporizing something under a specific temp, your lungs are tricked into not thinking it needs repair, whereas if you’re smoking, your lungs know it needs to repair and does so. That sounds like it could be a thing.

All I know is that cartridges (in illegal states) is taking a roll of the dice. Too many counterfeits and straight bunk shit out here to chance it for me anymore. Plus with all the advancements in weed, it's never been more delicious and beautiful so I don't really have a want to vape.

What we really need is for this to be legalized at the federal level and all these problems get minimized. Most of you like vaping because of the stealth it provides and ease of use. Legalizing it would not only give users a right to consumption but also implement standards through regulation. 

if you have the means, the Volcano is the only answer. that is what my buds tell me...

also have buds who have begun "cob curing" their grows, and it totally changes the game. It is a much longer process but you end up with an incredible potent, long lasting effect. The old heads say its like the stuff they got from 'Nam or the beaches of 1970s California. 

On 3/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, DonnyKerabatsos said:

if you have the means, the Volcano is the only answer. that is what my buds tell me...

also have buds who have begun "cob curing" their grows, and it totally changes the game. It is a much longer process but you end up with an incredible potent, long lasting effect. The old heads say its like the stuff they got from 'Nam or the beaches of 1970s California. 

My buddy has a volcano and it's badass.