High

nivek3

I’ve got some good bud lying around....but these vape pens are ridiculous. A couple small puffs and I’m lit like a bong hit. This is the shit I needed years ago. Most stash is from Cali...haven’t hit colorado in a bit. Did get some potent edibles that knocked me out a few nights ago. Lucky to have stocked up before this storm hit.

I’ve got some good bud lying around....but these vape pens are ridiculous. A couple small puffs and I’m lit like a bong hit. This is the shit I needed years ago. Most stash is from Cali...haven’t hit colorado in a bit. Did get some potent edibles that knocked me out a few nights ago. Lucky to have stocked up before this storm hit.

Word. I do worry about the health effects but damn they are convenient.

12 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Agree. Besides, the pungent odor of modern leaf is an immediate bust. 

Yea, I just got a 1/4 from my neighborhood guy and my office smelled like a dead skunk until I double bagged it and put it in a water tight box in my desk drawer. The pens are so discrete, and the good ones will get you high AF. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Anyone use a herb pen? I got a youcan hit but can't get a good hit. Tried temps from 340-385 and still weak. Burning the weed though. Any tips?

You're not going to find what you need. Get a dugout. In the 10 years I've been using one, it's plenty stealthy, doesn't make you stink (it'll stink itself but just leave it in your ride)and they're cheap. Just make sure you get a ceramic one and not metal. 

Also, reading about everyone's stashes makes me realize I probably smoke too much. Already ran through what I posted for the most part, so I got an ounce of blue dream and BlackBerry cream coming my way soon.

Sorry NOLA, if you were closer I'd hook it up. 

On 3/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

You're not going to find what you need. Get a dugout. In the 10 years I've been using one, it's plenty stealthy, doesn't make you stink (it'll stink itself but just leave it in your ride)and they're cheap. Just make sure you get a ceramic one and not metal. 

Also, reading about everyone's stashes makes me realize I probably smoke too much. Already ran through what I posted for the most part, so I got an ounce of blue dream and BlackBerry cream coming my way soon.

Sorry NOLA, if you were closer I'd hook it up. 

I brought back Blue Dream from Seattle. Still workin on it. Hawai'in diesel was definitely more my speed.

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Kinda funny to watch all the dads in the hood start to low key ask around for who is hooked up. Most of us haven’t known each other very long so sort of feeling the situation out.

That shit is so funny. Usually ends up with the guys wearing baseball hats getting the most attention.

If you’re in Colorado and appreciate concentrate, I’d recommend checking out Apothecary Farms’s 420 sale. $25 a gram, 8 for $180 of fire live concentrate from now thru 420. 25% off all Incredibles bars. Legit only $33 for 1000mg Incredibles bars that costs as much as $55 at other shops.

I should be stocked thru at least June.

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

edibles don't do shit to me. it's annoying. I can eat a 200mg dose and feel slightly buzzed

I have to take way more than others that's why I was surprised this one was solid and getting 4 more dropped off later. 

Alright, long time listener first time poster.
Favorite sativa : Sweet Island Skunk 
Favorite indica : Royal Purple Kush 

Riding out the quarantine with 2 zips of Gas, 1 of Hindu Kush, & about a half of some sativa hybrid that I have no idea what it is. For smoking I definitely prefer the sativas but I usually make tincture and with that the strain doesn't seem to matter quite as much. Like everyone else I've had bunk edibles, some that were even supposed to be good,  but tincture has been a game-changer. I mix 2 oz. everclear with 1/4 oz of decarbed flowers and I've found 3-4 full droppers of this foul tasting concoction, depending on strain potency, is an all-access pass to the spirit world. Yeah, you do run the risk of over dosing it and ending up under the covers for a few hours hiding from the world and an angry God ... but I can't smoke herb fast enough to get nearly that high otherwise.  Although I've heard great things I don't have access to concentrates, pens, etc without having it mailed and that's a risk I've stayed away from. So for me, tincture it is... unless I'm on the front porch with the dugout and a cocktail laughing at cars, joggers, and the police station 3 houses down.. as I'm currently doing. 🤘

• Like 1

Great method.

I was taught this method by a Pakistani kid on my floor in the dorms at UT:

I would suggest grabbing a few Os of some Mexican schwag, grinding it up and placing it in parts into a thick glass with 99% isopropyl alcohol on a simple coffee cup heater.  Note- make sure your heating sources are electric and your stir utensils are wooden.

let the mixture sit and simmer (should be warm not hot, enough for a tiny bubble or 2 to float upward every other second) mixing with a chopstick vigorously every 10 min or so. 

after your alcohol becomes a nice black/dark green (usually 45-90min depending on quantity) strain the liquid into a 8x8” Pyrex dish. Take outside and place on heating pad. Use hair dryer to evaporate off alcohol and razor blade to consolidate the residue. When the liquid is almost gone, it will become sludgy. Scoop up and let dry on wax paper. 

At this point, if you prefer smoking, dump in a 1/4 of ground, low grade flower as a substrate for the oil to cling to. This step is is not necessary but in my experience makes for easier smoking. 

scoop up the concoction and let dry in a bowl. You now have flower that runs in the 70%+ THC range that is great for sprinkling into Js, or kicking weak sauce up a notch. 

*naturally, if you intend on cooking with it you should decarb the ground flower before starting this process. 

11 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Great method.

I was taught this method by a Pakistani kid on my floor in the dorms at UT:

Good description.  I do something similar to this each fall, but on a bigger scale outdoors with a crab cooker, 15 gallon stainless steel pot & a primitive still.

• Like 1

I prefer to make oil, sometimes butter, then make edibles.

I've found that they work better if you eat a little something with them. Guess it helps that THC bind and get into your system better. Like night and day difference.

1oz flower (decarbed) to 1 cup coconut oil or butter is a good starting ratio.

https://volcanotips.com/potency-calculator-edibles/

That calculator will get you in the ballpark. Unless you're paying for testing on your oil, ballpark is as good as you can get. But you'll know if you need more or less oil in your recipe after the first batch. I've went by that calculator and never had a problem.

Find out what the average THC% is for your flower, then subtract 10% (So if it's allegedly 20% THC, take off 2% and use 18% in the calculator.)

If you use trim/larf, after you do the math above, take off another 40%. (If you're lazy, just cut the original number, 20% in this case, in half.)

From there it's just messing with the calculator on amount of oil in recipe and number of servings.

For example, with a starting oil that had 1oz of 22% flower, and was 8fl oz, that yields approx 4500mg of THC infused into that cup of oil.

My gummy recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/3 C of oil, and makes between 84 and 96 gummies in my 2.5ml molds (each mold is the size of a lifesaver.) With a 1/4C of oil, each gummy ends up around 13mg/ea. If I bump to 1/3C of oil, they're closer to 16mg/ea. Using 1/4C yields 84, 1/3C gets to 96.

Once you have the oil made, it's all gravy from there. Anything you put oil in, you can use your canna oil (watch your dosage!) I would strongly suggest going light if you're new to this. You don't want to over indulge. Think of a pan of brownies. You cut a pan into 12 pieces, and the recipe calls for 1/3C of oil. So you take 1/3C of the oil above, and now those brownies are going to be 125mg EACH. Might be fine for some, others will be knocked in the dirt. What to do now? Well, play with that calculator and how much of your oil you use (1TBSP = .0625 cup) until you figure it out. Let's try 1TBSP instead, which then gets us 23mg ea (give or take.) So we'll take 1TBSP of canna oil, then fill the rest with normal cooking oil. Problem solved.

Brownies, cake, pancake batter, whatever. It's oil. I prefer the oil to butter simply because I've found I have more uses with oil than butter. It works, certainly, but oil just has more uses for me.

So how do you make the oil? There are many ways to do it. Some will reek more than others.

For the least smell (although there is still going to be some), an instant pot with a sealed jar inside can be used for both decarb and making your oil. Or you can use a jar on the stove in slow boiling water.

You can also decarb in the oven (230F for 30-40min), then dump the oil and decarbed flower into a sauce pan and go over low.

You can decarb and then use a crockpot.

And many more.

Once you have the oil made it's much easier. There is still a tick of smell when the oil heats up in the recipe, but not near to the extent of when you're making the oil.

• Like 3

We stole a bunch of shit from the chemistry lab in undergrad and made some sort of hash-like mess that fucked us up. 

The best part was when the sand bath on our stove got so goddamn hot that the pot (the cookware, not the cannabis) melted right there. 

More astute landlords than ours might have someday noticed the splatters of previously molten aluminum (?) all over the kitchen. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

FFS... late getting home and finally on the scoreboard. It's nice, too... on the front porch and the guy next door is weedwhacking.
Waited to light up until he got close and turned his back to me... blew a couple of nice hits right at him. I have plausible deniability 
and he has to be wondering wtf he just chopped up in the yard? Happy 420 

• Like 1