High

nivek3

For those considering making your own edibles:

This will get you through the first step. There are other ways to do this, but this is pretty simple if you have an instant pot. You can also put the jar in a pot of boiling water, etc. If smell is a concern, this probably generates the least. You will still reek up the place, just not as bad or as long.

Then don't forget to figure out approximately how much THC is in your oil with the calculator:

https://volcanotips.com/potency-calculator-edibles/

Then it's time to make the gummies. There are tons of recipes out there, this one is close to what I've been doing. I use smaller 2.5ml molds that are about the size of a lifesaver. With the oil I've been making it makes each one about 15mg-20mg each, with a batch making about 7 or 8 dozen give or take from a 1/4C of oil.

I've been using:

- 3oz box of jello
- 2 envelopes of knox (envelopes, not boxes!)
- 1tsp lecithin
- 1tbsp of flavor extract
- 1/2C juice
- 2 to 3 squirts of mio
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2tsp citric acid
- 1/4C canna oil

I'll put the juice, honey, citric acid, flavor extract, and mio in a saucepan on low-med heat and let it warm up.  Then slowly start mixing in the jello and get it nice and dissolved. Then keep stirring for a bit until it's close to ready. Then add in the canna oil and lecithin, and keep on stirring until nice and warm. Just starting to get little bubbles, then put it on low/simmer.

Once that's ready, I take a little dropper and fill each mold. One hand is still stirring the pot, while the other is using the dropper to fill the molds. Obviously you want to make sure additional molds are within easy reach.

Once all molds are filled, I let them sit for a couple more minutes and then pick them up about 4" and drop them back onto the counter. This gets out any trapped air. I let them sit another 5 minutes, and then put them in the fridge for an hour.

I have found that keeping to a single flavor tends to come out best. If you try using something like cherry jello, cherry juice, lime flavor extract and lime (or cherry limeade) mio (or whatever brand) then each flavor gets a bit muted and neither really shines through.

I strongly suggest letting your oil "cure" for at least a few days between making the oil and making something from it. Right after the oil is made, it seems to carry a heavier "toasted weed" flavor than after it sits for a few days or a week. That may or may not bother some, but I'm not a huge fan of that "toasted weed" flavor, and I think it distracts from the edible flavor. Little better handled in things like a brownie or cookie, things that can typically have nuts in them. Fudge would be another, or pralines.

Your initial setup (molds, coconut oil, lecithin, etc) will run you about $40-$50, give or take. The oil and lecithin should last a good long while, and the molds should last a really long time. After that, except for the occasional time when you need more coconut oil or lecithin, it should just be the source material for the oil, and then your batch stuff for your edibles.

If I were to take an oz and make a cup of oil, that puts me out about $305. (3 for the zip, 5 for the rest.) Now if I make a batch of gummies from that with a 1/4C of oil, that's ~$76.25, then the rest of the stuff for the run (~$3), so we'll call it $80 total for the batch. If I can get 84 gummies from that, it comes out to less than $1/ea. Your starting material quality will determine your final potency. If your shit is weak, use more to make the cup of oil.

If I made a batch of oil from flower that was 20% THC, that ends up with the above gummies coming out to about 13.5mg each. If the oil was bumped up to 1/3C, you can get them closer to 16mg.

It's fun, and cheaper than buying them. But where the real benefit lies is in trim. Take all that glittery sugar leaf trim (not the fans and shit, but the trichome covered, glittery goodness of the flowers sugar leaves) and use that to make oil. It takes about 3x-4x as much, but that shit usually gets tossed out anyway, unless you want to press it or run bubble from it.

So now you start to see where you can take something that may typically be thrown away, and turn it into fire. 3oz-4oz of good trim into a cup of oil and you're set. Now you've brought your source material cost down significantly, thus making your gummies even more cost effective. 

It sounds a little complex, but really it's not that difficult or a pain in the ass. Know what you're starting with, run the numbers in the calculator, make some oil, make some edibles.

I'll be making a pan of salted caramel brownies tonight. Recipe makes an 8x8 pan, and I'll cut into 2x2 pieces. Recipe calls for 1/3C of oil. I'll be using about 1TBSP and maybe 1TSP of the canna oil, then making up the difference with non-infused oil. Should bring the end result out to about 30mg per brownie, give or take.

• Like 8

I'm going to Illinois to buy stuff and I don't know shit. I'm limited to 15 grams, so I'm sure I'll be going to multiple shops. 

I know that's 1/2 oz. of flower. I usually smoke oil carts that are 500 mg or 1000 mg, but I assume I can't buy 15 of those? So  how much of that can I get? And same with edibles. I don't have much experience with those, but I want to. Now concentrates I don't have any experience with but I'm willing to learn. 

I need like a starter kit all put together. 

2 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I'm going to Illinois to buy stuff and I don't know shit. I'm limited to 15 grams, so I'm sure I'll be going to multiple shops. 

I know that's 1/2 oz. of flower. I usually smoke oil carts that are 500 mg or 1000 mg, but I assume I can't buy 15 of those? So  how much of that can I get? And same with edibles. I don't have much experience with those, but I want to. Now concentrates I don't have any experience with but I'm willing to learn. 

I need like a starter kit all put together. 

So your out-of-State limits are as follows:

14g flower. Good luck getting more than 7g during lockdown. You might get lucky and find 14g popcorn/b-grade stuff.

2.5g concentrate (wax/butter/pen/cartridge). You could max out here. Disposable pens are 250/330/500mg, cartridges 500mg, wax/butter 1g.

250mg edibles/tinctures. I haven’t seen any products over 100mg. You can hit the max again, but not at a particularly good price point. Estimate $40 for a 100mg product. 

Other than Sunnyside.shop , I can’t vouch for any stores or their online presence.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

10 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

So your out-of-State limits are as follows:

14g flower. Good luck getting more than 7g during lockdown. You might get lucky and find 14g popcorn/b-grade stuff.

2.5g concentrate (wax/butter/pen/cartridge). You could max out here. Disposable pens are 250/330/500mg, cartridges 500mg, wax/butter 1g.

250mg edibles/tinctures. I haven’t seen any products over 100mg. You can hit the max again, but not at a particularly good price point. Estimate $40 for a 100mg product. 

Other than Sunnyside.shop , I can’t vouch for any stores or their online presence.

Thank you, man. That's what I was looking for. 

On 4/22/2020 at 1:53 PM, purplepride95 said:

I'm a novice smoker. Whats that sticky shit?

92176534_151063959744637_591202345790157

That’s called a moon rock. It’s flower dipped in concentrate rolled in kief, so the gooey stuff is concentrate of some sort. Can’t say I’ve ever bought them as it seems more like a gimmick, but I have rolled joints with live resin and kief added and it’s nice.

https://www.kaviar.co/home

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, Tailgate said:

d91abda75df3841818c71bf995d1e4b6.jpg
Had to go get something “out of the garage.”

I’m still here an hour later.

Don't know about anyone else who is having to play teacher for their kids but FUCK... I'd go "out to the garage" too often and finally said fuck the bullshit. 

20200504-175019.jpg

Hi 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, Degenerate Gardner said:

I concur. And if you ever encounter Jack One, give that a try too. You will not be disappoint.

Jackie-O is a good one as well.  Cali-O cross.  I don't have any idea if it's in dispensaries, though

Picked up some SnaxLand here in Denver this past weekend. Got the very last of it Sunday morning. Apparently Cookies brand dropped at the same store on Friday and people were waiting 2 hours for $50 an 8th.  The bud looked insane in videos, but still, crazy. First 2 are SnaxLand. 

Lemonotti #8 - Lemonge x Biscotti 31%THC

58-EEB5-BA-2-B5-B-47-AE-A3-DE-E00-B3-FBE

Sunny C 25% THC

5-DC23-DE4-53-B6-4333-A76-C-50-CF8583221

Chem de la Chem - 37% THC

75-CF5-EE9-12-EF-4050-9113-312-FFCFF5958

Super Lemon MAC 26% THC

A26-EE7-AB-8140-4832-A60-B-759-F2-CBBB9-

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Jesus christ on a cracker $50 an eighth? I'm probably better off living in an illegal state. 

Yeah it’s ridiculous. For flower I had long been loyal to High Level Health, but then they stopped catering to med and I stopped buying $31 8ths. Now they’re back down to $20 an 8th there with good med selection and I’ve returned.

That was my first time going to Wolf Pac and they definitely cater to the cannaseur. The SnaxLand is great and all and noticeably better than the great bud I normally smoke, but at $41 an 8th or so with tax, it’s still steep. Was able to get a first time discount and my OTD price was $155 for a half and an 8th. Still steep. Can’t imagine waiting in line for $50 an 8th Cookies.

10 hours ago, Nuge said:

New toy908568e767851e3dd8687808dc7633dd.jpg

That's an arizer extreme Q, correct? Been looking for a "bag vape" comparable to the volcano that doesn't burn your wallet as much and came across that one. My understanding is there's no valve for the bag, correct? If so what do you do? Just "thumb" it (no aggy) until it's finished?

I'm leaning on saying fuck it and just getting what I know works but am still looking. 

21 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Yeah it’s ridiculous. For flower I had long been loyal to High Level Health, but then they stopped catering to med and I stopped buying $31 8ths. Now they’re back down to $20 an 8th there with good med selection and I’ve returned.

That was my first time going to Wolf Pac and they definitely cater to the cannaseur. The SnaxLand is great and all and noticeably better than the great bud I normally smoke, but at $41 an 8th or so with tax, it’s still steep. Was able to get a first time discount and my OTD price was $155 for a half and an 8th. Still steep. Can’t imagine waiting in line for $50 an 8th Cookies.

16 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Seriously, i pay $240/z for indoor grown goodness

I've always wondered just how much we as Texans vary in our choice of bud purchased illegally to those in legal states. Meaning price point, variety, quality, etc. I realize going to a dispensary beats going to a dealer 10 out of 10 times but other than that big convenience, how much of a difference are we getting?

A couple of examples (sorry my camera isn't great enough for this)--

20200513-084825.jpg

Candyland. Purchased for ~$180 an ounce. 

20200513-085155.jpg

Mimosa. Purchased for ~$160 an ounce. 

20191012-203523.jpg

Raspberry kush. Purchased for ~$180 an ounce. 

Now I know I get a hell of a discount and can usually pick from 7 different strains so price point and (to an extent) variety I've got. What about quality? Most of my shit comes from Cali so I know a few are from dispensaries but a lot is also homegrown. Any of you in legal states see much of a difference in what I can get vs. y'all? $50 eighths notwithstanding...

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've always wondered just how much we as Texans vary in our choice of bud purchased illegally to those in legal states. Meaning price point, variety, quality, etc. I realize going to a dispensary beats going to a dealer 10 out of 10 times but other than that big convenience, how much of a difference are we getting?

A couple of examples (sorry my camera isn't great enough for this)--

20200513-084825.jpg

Candyland. Purchased for ~$180 an ounce. 

20200513-085155.jpg

Mimosa. Purchased for ~$160 an ounce. 

20191012-203523.jpg

Raspberry kush. Purchased for ~$180 an ounce. 

Now I know I get a hell of a discount and can usually pick from 7 different strains so price point and (to an extent) variety I've got. What about quality? Most of my shit comes from Cali so I know a few are from dispensaries but a lot is also homegrown. Any of you in legal states see much of a difference in what I can get vs. y'all? $50 eighths notwithstanding...

The Raspberry Kush looks pretty damn good. All of it looks great for the price in presumably Texas. Some strains just don’t show as well though,  I.e chemdog heavy strains.

Basically, unless you’re growing your own or your buddy is and is basically giving you weed, it’s going to be really hard to beat the prices and selection in a weed legal state.

As an example, every day you can open Weedmaps in Denver and find ounce deals for $50-$100 that looks as good as the first 2, sometimes worse, sometimes a lot better. Sometimes it’s really high quality, but all popcorn nugs. Even Wolf Pac has many ounce deals from $50-$130 with high THC percentages and it’s looks fire. With my med card I can get 8 different strains making up the ounce for around $125-140 from High Level Health which is the most awarded dispensary for their strains in Colorado. Cookies product is as extreme as it gets because it’s the most highly sought after Cannabis flower brand in the nation.

Concentrates are where you see a much more extreme disparity in quality and price between legal and illegal states. Someone I know pays $60 a g for live resin coming from Cali in Houston.That same weekend I bought 8 grams of live resin for less than her 3.

You have a fat hookup, sir.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Been smoking so much weed so decided to bulk buy and see how much I save. Also had to re-up on edibles and they are solid. Salud3cebce2220339dd6428575d0a538b6d6.jpg5a20244ec7f40c30fae2748ee72921c8.jpg8f04426e8258996d80e8b30771c21430.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tenor.gif?itemid=8352058

I'm guessing that's a pound or close to it and some type of kush or maybe a gelato strain. 

• Like 1

That's an arizer extreme Q, correct? Been looking for a "bag vape" comparable to the volcano that doesn't burn your wallet as much and came across that one. My understanding is there's no valve for the bag, correct? If so what do you do? Just "thumb" it (no aggy) until it's finished?
I'm leaning on saying fuck it and just getting what I know works but am still looking. 
No valve, but no big deal really.
Comes with two bags and a whip and a remote control for $150. I'm happy with it.

7 hours ago, Nuge said:

No valve, but no big deal really.
Comes with two bags and a whip and a remote control for $150. I'm happy with it.

Oh nowwww you wanna reply! Just fucking with you but it's funny I just saw your message literally right after picking one of these bad boys up this afternoon

20200516-193005.jpg

Fuck it, shouldn't have fought with the decision. Got it for a little less than 6 so not as bad as what it goes for online. Couple new premium strains to enjoy with it (both $225/O) too--

GG4

20200516-192654.jpg

Larry Bird (ridiculously good weed)

20200516-192620.jpg

High hhhhh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Oh nowwww you wanna reply! Just fucking with you but it's funny I just saw your message literally right after picking one of these bad boys up this afternoon

20200516-193005.jpg

Fuck it, shouldn't have fought with the decision. Got it for a little less than 6 so not as bad as what it goes for online. Couple new premium strains to enjoy with it (both $225/O) too--

GG4

20200516-192654.jpg

Larry Bird (ridiculously good weed)

20200516-192620.jpg

High hhhhh

The Volcano saves so much. Those 2 zips will last forever.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I love the volcano!! Great buy. 

Yea a half lb. I'm hoping at least 2 months , that means I break even. 

Haha dam son. I appreciate your devotion. I picked back up smoking flower and I’m glad my fiancé is on board. Burning 5 J’s a day or so on the weekend. My skills have never been better lol. Thanks rona.

• Like 1

My girl enjoys smoking more than me honestly, she is little so doesn't need as much as me. The Rona definitely made our buys go up more, Dallas had a hit a few weeks ago were bud went up along with everything else so decided to buy this and see what happen. Worst case I'm high than normal for a couple months. 

4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

My girl enjoys smoking more than me honestly, she is little so doesn't need as much as me. The Rona definitely made our buys go up more, Dallas had a hit a few weeks ago were bud went up along with everything else so decided to buy this and see what happen. Worst case I'm high than normal for a couple months. 

It’s actually going to be the opposite here soon. Bud sales the past 2 months have been going string because of stimulus checks and taxes, but the next couple months it’s gonna be a buyers market for exotics.

More SnaxLand dropped this past Friday around town at a small number of dispos and smoked enough yesterday to justify picking up some. They ran out of Gushers at the preorder dispos, which I really wanted. Was in and out in 5 mins at a much lower price point than Wolf Pac.

Gelato 45

CB2-B3-AD5-0-F1-D-4210-9542-71-C22997222

• Like 2

I wanted to get get the surly stoners opinion on something that has been bothering me for awhile.

How common is it for copy cat edibles to be put on the black market? I’m often seeing edibles that have all the correct packaging and labeling for California, but I’m curious how frequently  people are just buying the packaging and putting their own homemade product in them. 

22 hours ago, 3adays said:

I wanted to get get the surly stoners opinion on something that has been bothering me for awhile.

How common is it for copy cat edibles to be put on the black market? I’m often seeing edibles that have all the correct packaging and labeling for California, but I’m curious how frequently  people are just buying the packaging and putting their own homemade product in them. 

They do it with vape stuff, which is why people died last summer and idiots freaked out about any vaping, THC or not. Fuckin fucks. 

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit that there were people doing the same with edibles, just to try and give credit to their homemade shit. Obviously some are more difficult to reproduce, but a lot wouldn’t be too hard to copy. Especially to people who’ve never had the real thing and wouldn’t know anyway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 3adays said:

As thunder said, they did it with carts, they'll be able to do edibles and there's no way to tell how much (if at all) thc it contains.

Which brings me to this--

On 5/4/2020 at 6:04 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Don't know about anyone else who is having to play teacher for their kids but FUCK... I'd go "out to the garage" too often and finally said fuck the bullshit. 

20200504-175019.jpg

Hi 

So I thought I was doing it big getting 300 gummies for $100. Turns out there 4mg each. Now, my dumbass thought I'd be able to eat 3-5  (that I had before, and were told these were the  same, in my defense) and get stupid. So far I've tried 20 at once and ain't felt shit. Should I have? I'm seeing all these edibles on this thread that say 350 or 1000 and such. What mg gets you high?

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So I thought I was doing it big getting 300 gummies for $100. Turns out there 4mg each. Now, my dumbass thought I'd be able to eat 3-5  (that I had before, and were told these were the  same, in my defense) and get stupid. So far I've tried 20 at once and ain't felt shit. Should I have? I'm seeing all these edibles on this thread that say 350 or 1000 and such. What mg gets you high?

Tolerance obviously plays a role in it all. I try to make my gummies in the neighborhood of 20mg. First time I eat one from a new batch I make sure I'm going to be at home for a while, since it isn't an exact science at home (see above or a page back when I discussed it a bit.)

At 20mg, I can be elevated, but not so much I can't function. I can eat two and get a good buzz on, or three and knock my ass out for some sleep.

I changed up my molds about a month ago, and that's been a game changer for me. Way better at about 10ml/mold than the 2.5ml lifesaver size I had been using. That size is good if you want to munch a few at a time, but really is kinda tricky to get enough in them for what I was after. So a bigger individual mold brings two things to the table.

a) bigger batch size for the same number of gummies, so you can put enough oil in and even though there may be less thc/ml, there's more ml's in an individual gummy.

b) with a bigger batch size, it's significantly easier to get an outstanding flavor that doesn't have any hint of decarbed weed taste. I'm still going to eat them, but that being out of the flavor profile doesn't hurt my feelings.

Now a total lightweight is better off starting with a 5mg dose to see how they do. And always wait at least 2 hours before eating more.

As far as effects and how they affect you, it depends. I've had a time or two where I was eating maybe my third one or so of the day, and it didn't do shit for me. Dunno why, but sometimes it happens. I've also found that for some people they do better on an empty stomach, while others have them hit harder with a little food before or after.

I'm of the second type, and a little something else along with it seems to make them hit harder for me, as well as quicker. They get there on empty, but it takes a little longer. I think it may have something to do with the thc binding to fats in the food, and being more easily digested.

I've also ate them too late at night, way too close to me crashing out for the night. The fun part is waking up the next morning, getting some coffee and maybe a piece of toast, then 45 minutes later or so you become aware that your situation is changing... high! Had that happen to me a few weeks ago, and just about 30 minutes before a big conference call for work... boom. I made it through, but was a tick nervous as I wasn't sure where my ceiling was going to be.

Just did a bubble run of some trim/larf from a recent trimming session of some Durban Poison and Strawberry Lemonade. Should end up with around 25g of sweet blonde hash once it's dried, which I'll use to make oil. Still got the scissor hash too, but that's not going in the oil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1