High

nivek3

More SnaxLand.  Both strains sold out in 1 hour in online reservations with no announcement other than SnaxLand's Instagram. I got a quarter of each. Ended up being $100 before tax. Hopefully the different image hosting site I'm using this time doesn't suck. Trichomes have been visible in all pictures, but not coming through.

Le Moon Cake - "Lemonge" (his cut of Lemon G) x Wedding Cake - 32%

spacer.png

Chem de la Chem - Chemdog x I-95 - 38% THC

spacer.png

• Like 1

Tomorrow's my birthday (33) and I'm on a mission to be completely retarded this time tomorrow. Here is what's in store--

20200526-134325.jpg

25mg X 50 for ~$110

20200526-134255.jpg

Pinnacle nug run "snowman" 2.5g for ~$70

20200526-145015.jpg

Ounce of wedding cake ~$180

20200526-144929.jpg

Ghost train haze (lots of stems but ooohwee) ounce again for 180.

See y'all from space

16 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Wrapped up a big a project at a new company I've only been at a month. My director called to give me some kudos and it was much appreciated as I've worked d my ass off for it. Feeling pretty damn good

cdbfe804f8ae2fb3994aa3e30fab385c.jpg

King Size for a King. Congrats on the kudos bro.

• Like 1

Just ordered $200 in keef. 20g I believe will report back. Also tried Moon Rock. It’s girl scout cookie weed dipped in hash oil dipped in keef. It’s around 50% thc. I can’t do the pens. I hit them to much and my lungs hurt. Flower is my favorite but love edibles. Problem is it takes between 40-50mgs to get me high. Oh and high

Edited by Bogeywon

On 5/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, Bogeywon said:

Just ordered $200 in keef. 20g I believe will report back. Also tried Moon Rock. It’s girl scout cookie weed dipped in hash oil dipped in keef. It’s around 50% thc. I can’t do the pens. I hit them to much and my lungs hurt. Flower is my favorite but love edibles. Problem is it takes between 40-50mgs to get me high. Oh and high

damn. 3 puffs on a pen and 2 fingers of Rowan's Creek last night and I slept 11 hrs. 50mg and I might sleep for a week. 

More Friday Snax. The Gushers tastes great. I thought like the reddish/purple Gusher and was a happy and euphoric hybrid start with a light to medium indica body load finish. The Ice Cream Cake was a very sweet "Cookies" flavor. Some sweetness, earth, and lavender to it. It hit me really fast with a euphoria and strong body high that gave way to great sleep 

Gushers - Gelato #41 x Triangle Kush - 27% THCa

F1121B34-42EF-4E82-BA36-05E3230A2A2A.jpe

Ice Cream Cake - Wedding Cake x Gelato #33 - 37% THCa

EC3240A7-B568-4965-B058-FD7B22E00D15.jpe

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, Bogeywon said:

Came to ask this. I'm just now getting into edibles and I'm in Illinois for the week so I will get some. But, it'smore expensive here than Colorado and I'm getting stuff from there the end of June, so I need to figure out how much to buy to last me for a monthish. I currently vape about a 1 gram  cart every 3 weeks of straight from the dispensery stuff. 

Weed shop in downtown Chicago that opened on Thursday is now shut down indefinitely. Apparently, their hired guards saved the storefront, but employees peaced out with the product. Helluva three days, glad I stopped in.

Is there a link to this story somewhere?

17 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Came to ask this. I'm just now getting into edibles and I'm in Illinois for the week so I will get some. But, it'smore expensive here than Colorado and I'm getting stuff from there the end of June, so I need to figure out how much to buy to last me for a monthish. I currently vape about a 1 gram  cart every 3 weeks of straight from the dispensery stuff. 

buy edibles that will keep a while or freeze. try something in 25mg range and see if it has any effect. gauge from there?

On 5/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, I Plead Da Fif said:

More Friday Snax. The Gushers tastes great. I thought like the reddish/purple Gusher and was a happy and euphoric hybrid start with a light to medium indica body load finish. The Ice Cream Cake was a very sweet "Cookies" flavor. Some sweetness, earth, and lavender to it. It hit me really fast with a euphoria and strong body high that gave way to great sleep 

Gushers - Gelato #41 x Triangle Kush - 27% THCa

F1121B34-42EF-4E82-BA36-05E3230A2A2A.jpe

Ice Cream Cake - Wedding Cake x Gelato #33 - 37% THCa

EC3240A7-B568-4965-B058-FD7B22E00D15.jpe

Fuck that gushers looks delicious and the cake looks infinitely better than what I got just a month or so ago. Said it before and I'll say it again, purple weed is the best weed. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, Buzzrock said:

Is there a link to this story somewhere?

Cresco Labs’ new Sunnyside dispensary at 436 N. Clark St. in River North was also broken into on Saturday night — just two days after the store opened. But unlike at Mission, the prospective looters were unable to breach the store’s vault and didn’t make off with any weed.

Jason Erkes, a Cresco spokesman, said the entire inventory from that store and another Sunnyside location in Lake View has now “been temporarily removed to a state-licensed and secure facility.”

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

buy edibles that will keep a while or freeze. try something in 25mg range and see if it has any effect. gauge from there?

For someones first time with edibles? Nah, more like try 10mg, wait 2 hours (maybe a light snack with it) and go from there. Might be too little or much, but better than starting at 25, which most likely would be too much starting out. 

• Like 1

How weed, caffeine, and exercise can put your brain in it's most productive state

"Action sport athletes for years have been combining exercise, coffee, and cannabis into a 'hippie speedball,' and they've been using it as a performance-enhancing chemical," Kotler said. Which "led me to a 'what the fuck is going on' question that took about 20 years to answer." Answer: Performance enhancement, combined with exercise, was chemically indistinguishable from the state of flow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

For someones first time with edibles? Nah, more like try 10mg, wait 2 hours (maybe a light snack with it) and go from there. Might be too little or much, but better than starting at 25, which most likely would be too much starting out. 

Depending on the person's weight and THC tolerance, 5mg might even be appropriate. Getting over your skis with edibles is worth avoiding. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

I sorta assumed if he was vaping high thc oil then his tolerance might be higher than most novice edible takers

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I sorta assumed if he was vaping high thc oil then his tolerance might be higher than most novice edible takers

Sure, but even then edibles is a different ballgame. You wouldn’t think so, but for whatever reason, they are. 

4 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Depending on the person's weight and THC tolerance, 5mg might even be appropriate. Getting over your skis with edibles is worth avoiding. 

Absolutely. Start small and see. Too much on the first time and you’re gonna have a bad time. 

1 minute ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Yeah 10 MG was a nice little high. I'd be comfortable adding another 5 or 10 as is.

Exactly the way to do it. Someone's first time with thc period? Yeah, start with like 5. Regular smokers first edible? Start with 10 just to be safe. You can always eat more next time, but you can’t un-eat what’s already went down the pie hole.

It’s not the greatest experience, I assure you. You won’t die or nothing, but you’ll be fucked up like a football bat for a while until you come down and mellow out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Sure, but even then edibles is a different ballgame. You wouldn’t think so, but for whatever reason, they are. 

Absolutely. Start small and see. Too much on the first time and you’re gonna have a bad time. 

Exactly the way to do it. Someone's first time with thc period? Yeah, start with like 5. Regular smokers first edible? Start with 10 just to be safe. You can always eat more next time, but you can’t un-eat what’s already went down the pie hole.

It’s not the greatest experience, I assure you. You won’t die or nothing, but you’ll be fucked up like a football bat for a while until you come down and mellow out. 

I still have yet to experience the 24 hour high. I know several novices who have ingested and still been high a day later. Edibles don't seem to work on me. I've taken 200mg at once and nothing

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I still have yet to experience the 24 hour high. I know several novices who have ingested and still been high a day later. Edibles don't seem to work on me. I've taken 200mg at once and nothing

I’ve ran into a few people like that, but it’s rare. I’ve also ran into people who just got duped on edibles from “their guy” too. “These were 50mg and didn’t do shit!” Then they end up in whatever state and hit a dispensary. Ballgame. LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

Had an edible that guesstimate was 20 mg.
BOOP.
3 hours later and it’s happy fun time, I’m guessing 25-30 mg. Shitballs.
Peanut butter cup. Good flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How weed, caffeine, and exercise can put your brain in it's most productive state
"Action sport athletes for years have been combining exercise, coffee, and cannabis into a 'hippie speedball,' and they've been using it as a performance-enhancing chemical," Kotler said. Which "led me to a 'what the fuck is going on' question that took about 20 years to answer." Answer: Performance enhancement, combined with exercise, was chemically indistinguishable from the state of flow.

Did many a century ride back in my youth with some weed and energy shots.
And peyote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Snow Dog said:

Peanut butter cup. Good flavor.

That's the most difficult part to nail perfect with edibles: flavor. In fact it's one of the reasons I went to bigger molds. Sure, it takes 3x the amount of ingredients (gelatin and such, not canna oil) to make the same number of pieces, but the advantage of that is now there is 3x more mix to add a similar amount of oil into. That means the ratio of flavor to oil went up 3x as well. Much easier to make a great tasting edible in that sense. Easier to mask that decarbed weed, kinda nutty flavor.

Last batch of gummies is almost gone. That one was dubbed "lemon pound cake", and was pretty easy to make. Lemon jello, country time lemonade, and cake batter extract were the flavorings used. They came out pretty damn fire, if I do say so myself.

I'll have to make more oil this weekend, and then gummies this weekend or the first part of next week. Probably going to make 2 cups, and use a mix of trim from a granddaddy purple, as well as a zip of the lowers/popcorn from a super lemon haze. Should make for an interesting result.

Not sure what flavor of gummies I'll make next. Thinking maybe strawberry shortcake would be good, or maybe key lime pie.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I’ve ran into a few people like that, but it’s rare. I’ve also ran into people who just got duped on edibles from “their guy” too. “These were 50mg and didn’t do shit!” Then they end up in whatever state and hit a dispensary. Ballgame. LOL

Last time I was in a legal state I crushed 100mg of gummies and only experienced a mild high. I wish I could buy the medicinal doses instead of rec. 

10 hours ago, mapplewhite132 said:

Last time I was in a legal state I crushed 100mg of gummies and only experienced a mild high. I wish I could buy the medicinal doses instead of rec. 

It also could have a lot to do with what was in your stomach before and after the gummies. The brand of gummy matters too. Personally, I find a fat in the edible is the best way to absorb higher doses of THC. Then, I suppose it’s back to wanting medicinal doses, because whole candy bars aren’t a great idea.

Maybe next time take like a teaspoon of liquid coconut oil when you take your gummies as a test. I have made coconut oil based thc oil in the past and it slaps. I found 50-80mg per teaspoon was good for absorption.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

It also could have a lot to do with what was in your stomach before and after the gummies. The brand of gummy matters too. Personally, I find a fat in the edible is the best way to absorb higher doses of THC. Then, I suppose it’s back to wanting medicinal doses, because whole candy bars aren’t a great idea.

Maybe next time take like a teaspoon of liquid coconut oil when you take your gummies as a test. I have made coconut oil based thc oil in the past and it slaps. I found 50-80mg per teaspoon was good for absorption.

I do make all my edibles from oil that starts out as coconut oil. Seems to be about the best option, and is about the top end for infusion. Fat of some type definitely helps with absorption of the THC, at least in the time it takes. Dosing on an empty tank can be hit or miss.

I've had a gummy with nothing else, and 3 hours later wasn't doing shit. Have a little lunch, and 30 minutes later my eyes are starting to cross. I've had one too close to falling asleep, got up in the morning and had coffee and toast. About an hour later... "heyyyyyyyyyy, what's goin on?"

What I'm curious about, and this is completely off the cuff and coming to mind as I type, is what about some medications that have fat blockers or whatever it is in them? The ones that curb the fat being absorbed and instead it gets shucked out the shoot. It would seem that something like that may also inhibit ingestion of THC since it binds to fat.

3 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I do make all my edibles from oil that starts out as coconut oil. Seems to be about the best option, and is about the top end for infusion. Fat of some type definitely helps with absorption of the THC, at least in the time it takes. Dosing on an empty tank can be hit or miss.

I've had a gummy with nothing else, and 3 hours later wasn't doing shit. Have a little lunch, and 30 minutes later my eyes are starting to cross. I've had one too close to falling asleep, got up in the morning and had coffee and toast. About an hour later... "heyyyyyyyyyy, what's goin on?"

What I'm curious about, and this is completely off the cuff and coming to mind as I type, is what about some medications that have fat blockers or whatever it is in them? The ones that curb the fat being absorbed and instead it gets shucked out the shoot. It would seem that something like that may also inhibit ingestion of THC since it binds to fat.

Ya I think many of us have similar stories... mine usually is more of the form that I took a pretty sizable dose of gummies after work. I seem to plateau. Later that night after ingestion I eat pizza or something fatty for my indulgent Friday evening, and then I get noticeably higher.

Absolutely, if you’re on any fat absorption blocking meds I imagine it’s harder for your stomach to absorb THC. Basically I think those gummies depend on you having fat in your stomach if your going to chew and swallow. I also tend to let them dissolve in my mouth, but then again it’s just 1 gummy for 50mg, not 10 gummies for 100mg.

Lastly, for all the stories that exist that talk about people getting too high on edibles, I wish that could be me. I think I’ve found more or less that 150 mg doesn’t do that much more for me than 100mg. Meaning I think I found basically my limit of how high I can get from edibles.

• Like 1

You fuckers keep making me want to get stoned by edibles but I just can't tell. Mostly because I'm smoking as well but I feel like I'm consuming holy shitballs batman levels of thc. Like that 50 pack of 25mg hard candies I got on my birthday. Went through that shit in 2 days and don't get me wrong, I got really fucking high but I should've been knocked on my ass. And trust me when I tell you I don't get anything bunk. Anyways, the search continues...

20200608-133517.jpg

Ate 140mg (2 gummies) an hour AFTER lunch, letting them dissolve into mush before ingesting, and am now publicly talking shit about them. Been an hour and a half and meh... Got some fire tho

20200608-133609.jpg

Orange julius 220 for the o.

20200608-133717.jpg

Purple (probably 10%) Afghani kush 180 for the o.

Know what's cool? Sitting in a hot tub on the side of a mountain in Colorado, high, and watching a snow storm slowly roll in. 

A Texas stoner in Colorado is a dangerous thing. Been trying all the things from the local dispensaries before I head back in a couple weeks. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Know what's cool? Sitting in a hot tub on the side of a mountain in Colorado, high, and watching a snow storm slowly roll in. 
A Texas stoner in Colorado is a dangerous thing. Been trying all the things from the local dispensaries before I head back in a couple weeks. 
Where are you?

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
26 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Where are you?

Grand County area

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Where?  Sounds like Tabernash if you're on the side of a mountain in a hot tub.  I just drove down an hour ago from Fraser.  

Yep, right around that area. Been having a blast up here. Did the Trail Ridge Road to Estes yesterday to get some hiking and wildlife viewing in. 

My view off the hot tub

20200607_201246.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Must be the rain we’re about to get all night in Denver. Great view in that photo.

7 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Must be the rain we’re about to get all night in Denver. Great view in that photo.

Storm hit about an hour ago. Wicked winds that I thought for sure would tear down some trees (we had 110 mph winds a couple days ago, had to sprint to the car on a hike when it hit. Trees falling everywhere). We now are getting a steady snow as the temp dropped to 22. We have seen all the possible weather events in the past 2 weeks.