High

nivek3

First trial of the new press. 7g flower in, 1.5g rosin out. Pretty much the average for flower, which is 20%.

I guess hash is more like 80% (makes sense if you think about it), so for that big blob up above, it took somewhere around 20oz of hash. For me, just from trim, I get about an oz of bubble hash from one plant. Got damn that’s a lot of shit. 

Seems good grade stuff is around $75/g from what I’ve read, not that I necessarily care. Trivial info, but info nonetheless.

Going to try a little more later this evening  

On 6/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, thunderlounge said:

First trial of the new press. 7g flower in, 1.5g rosin out. Pretty much the average for flower, which is 20%.

I guess hash is more like 80% (makes sense if you think about it), so for that big blob up above, it took somewhere around 20oz of hash. For me, just from trim, I get about an oz of bubble hash from one plant. Got damn that’s a lot of shit. 

Seems good grade stuff is around $75/g from what I’ve read, not that I necessarily care. Trivial info, but info nonetheless.

Going to try a little more later this evening  

An oz of bubble hash from the trim of one plant. Sign me up. 20 plants worth of trim seems absolutely reasonable.

You are definitely saving money in the long run. Lowest I’ve seen for Rosin is $50 a g and it’s good. I’ve bought it a couple times from Apothecary Farms, I think Jamband and then George Washington OG. Many craft Rosin producers though will sell at insane prices. I’ll see 5g or 7g buckets of Lazercat drop and those go for over $300 and $400 each, and then add a 20 some odd percent tax Rex tax and you’re paying $500 for one strain’s SHO. Expensive as fuck proposition for me.

23 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

An oz of bubble hash from the trim of one plant. Sign me up. 20 plants worth of trim seems absolutely reasonable.

You are definitely saving money in the long run. Lowest I’ve seen for Rosin is $50 a g and it’s good. I’ve bought it a couple times from Apothecary Farms, I think Jamband and then George Washington OG. Many craft Rosin producers though will sell at insane prices. I’ll see 5g or 7g buckets of Lazercat drop and those go for over $300 and $400 each, and then add a 20 some odd percent tax Rex tax and you’re paying $500 for one strain’s SHO. Expensive as fuck proposition for me.

Apparently even then the $300 and $400 figures I gave are too low. Seeing 5g go for $365 + tax and the 7g for $491 + tax at one dispo nearby. $600 almost OTD for 7g of rosin. INSANE. Lazercat is the most extreme I have seen so far in terms of concentrate pricing. Not sure if they’re worth the hype but it’s real expensive to try.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

That’s insane.

I have a half pound or so of some super lemon haze that is a bit fluffy. Smokes alright, but would be a good candidate for bubble hash. I’ll think about it, but will be the middle of next week before I can do a run. 

Drool. Love SLH. I have a weird relationship with it. I love the flavor, the smoke, the high, but sometimes it gives me anxiety. Works like coffee for me in that regard.

28 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Drool. Love SLH. I have a weird relationship with it. I love the flavor, the smoke, the high, but sometimes it gives me anxiety. Works like coffee for me in that regard.

Weird. I wonder if on occasion you get some that was harvested too soon? If you chop it too early when the trichomes are not ripe yet (still clear or mostly clear) then that’s one of the bad things that results. (Along with loss of potency, weight, etc.)

Back to hash for a second, amounts I get from trim can vary. Depends on the plant and how loaded the sugar leaves are with trichs. Some strains just don’t put out much on the sugar leaves, some frost the shit out of them. More is better, and I use a couple products that help trichome production explode. Haven’t had a plant yet that didn’t just frost the shit out of the sugar leaves since I've started using it.  I need to do the math and see what the long term cost would be, and whether it's going to make sense to keep using it. When you’re using 10ml/gal/week, and have up to 75gal to dose, that adds up quick at 750ml/week. A 10-liter jug runs about $150, and lasts about 4 months give or take (some weeks are less, depends on veg at 5ml/gal or flower at 10ml/gal.)

Anyway, point of that is that sometimes it can be a little more or less than an oz of hash, but it’s always good. And from trim, shiiiit. That’s like free. lulz

I have the second (of two total) Blue Dream from recent runs in it’s 5th week of curing. Finally had some the other night and holy fuckballs. About 70% of the flowers are semi-fluffy (typical sativa) but oh shit they will fuck you up. I was high as eagle pussy last night and the night before. Guess I’d better knock back a hair on the intake with that one. By far the strongest hitter in the stash right now. Even over the granddaddy purple, and durban. And even over some white widow I have that tested out at 25% when the hydro shop had a moblie lab visit for a day a few months ago before all the shit locked down. 

Edited by thunderlounge

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Weird. I wonder if on occasion you get some that was harvested too soon? If you chop it too early when the trichomes are not ripe yet (still clear or mostly clear) then that’s one of the bad things that results. (Along with loss of potency, weight, etc.)

Back to hash for a second, amounts I get from trim can vary. Depends on the plant and how loaded the sugar leaves are with trichs. Some strains just don’t put out much on the sugar leaves, some frost the shit out of them. More is better, and I use a couple products that help trichome production explode. Haven’t had a plant yet that didn’t just frost the shit out of the sugar leaves since I've started using it.  I need to do the math and see what the long term cost would be, and whether it's going to make sense to keep using it. When you’re using 10ml/gal/week, and have up to 75gal to dose, that adds up quick at 750ml/week. A 10-liter jug runs about $150, and lasts about 4 months give or take (some weeks are less, depends on veg at 5ml/gal or flower at 10ml/gal.)

Anyway, point of that is that sometimes it can be a little more or less than an oz of hash, but it’s always good. And from trim, shiiiit. That’s like free. lulz

I have the second (of two total) Blue Dream from recent runs in it’s 5th week of curing. Finally had some the other night and holy fuckballs. About 70% of the flowers are semi-fluffy (typical sativa) but oh shit they will fuck you up. I was high as eagle pussy last night and the night before. Guess I’d better knock back a hair on the intake with that one. By far the strongest hitter in the stash right now. Even over the granddaddy purple, and durban. And even over some white widow I have that tested out at 25% when the hydro shop had a moblie lab visit for a day a few months ago before all the shit locked down. 

Haha damn. Yeah some Blue Dream definitely hits different. I get super high from Blue Dream at High Level Health, presumably because they’re using DJ Short’s Blueberry genetics and they’re a pretty solid grow, albeit not the sexiest latest cookies genetics.

As for SLH and anxiety, I think it’s more that I’m just prone to it depending upon terpene profile. For example, no amount of Clementine will cause me anxiety because of the heavy presence of Pinene. Strains disproportionally heavy in Limonene or Terpinolene I’ve found can cause me anxiety, kinda like too much coffee. Everyone is different though.

Yea you have me at “free” Rosin from trim.

What you’re talking about adding during veg and flower stages, is what you’re using considered a PGR? I’ve only recently become aware of them and only see pictures of basically destroyed, non crystallized, way too dense bud as evidence of PGRs. There have been unsubstantiated whispers that SnaxLand here in CO uses them, but I don’t know that I would be able to tell the difference because his bud has such insane bag appeal.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

7 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Haha damn. Yeah some Blue Dream definitely hits different. I get super high from Blue Dream at High Level Health, presumably because they’re using DJ Short’s Blueberry genetics and they’re a pretty solid grow, albeit not the sexiest latest cookies genetics.

As for SLH and anxiety, I think it’s more that I’m just prone to it depending upon terpene profile. For example, no amount of Clementine will cause me anxiety because of the heavy presence of Pinene. Strains disproportionally heavy in Limonene or Terpinolene I’ve found can cause me anxiety, kinda like too much coffee. Everyone is different though.

Yea you have me at “free” Rosin from trim.

What you’re talking about adding during veg and flower stages, is what you’re using considered a PGR? I’ve only recently become aware of them and only see pictures of basically destroyed, non crystallized, way too dense bud as evidence of PGRs. There have been unsubstantiated whispers that SnaxLand here in CO uses them, but I don’t know that I would be able to tell the difference because his bud has such insane bag appeal.

In general, yeah it does. This is some next level shit though. I ran two different ones over the winter. The first is real good, but man this one is just another planet. Moderation is probably a good idea with it. I was ripped AF.

On the other, no. Absolutely not any PGR’s. Won’t let them near anything in my garden. This is a natural product that boosts natural trich development. I can tell a big difference. I ran a clone of one I didn’t use it on. It’s mom was nice and frosty, but the difference was night and day. Been using it since and haven’t really thought about not using it. I do need to check the math, but I’m pretty sure that even though there is a cost to it the benefits outweigh the cost. 

I think I’ve convinced myself to do a bubble run Wed evening. We’ll see. 

On 6/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Marfa Low Crown said:

86296155.jpg

Haha this is me at a red light in central Texas after using my one hitter. Then because face masks, NO ONE used to tell if I was high but with the primary portion to look at being glossy and slightly closed, I've redeveloped that "junior high" paranoia and keep visine. I figure with that huge waft of African dust coming in next week, the rona has to be around the corner...

My ol lady is the same way. It baffles her mind how much is really involved. “I just smoke the shit.” ugh. 

I do kinda hope she eventually takes at least a small interest. Mainly so she knows when I say I have to do X at Y time, she gets the idea that it doesn’t mean, “at my leisure,” or, “a few days later isn’t a big deal.”

The gardening aspect is interesting to me, and if Texas ever legalizes I'll absolutely build a small grow area. I'm also a big enough tinkerer and gadget guy I'd probably end up where you are eventually. It just blows my mind that in some states all this gear is available OTC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It just blows my mind that in some states all this gear is available OTC. 

Not just “some” states; every state.

That press I bought? Also used it last night to press some choc mint leaves. Now I have choc mint extract.

If I wanted to, I could have fresh picked tomatoes at Christmas. 

Just because a product is useful for cannabis doesn’t mean it doesn’t have other uses. I order shit off amazon all the time. Zero fucks given. 

• Like 1

Got my birthday SnaxLand yesterday from the same dispensary that I’ve been going to for a month or so now. They have raised prices a bit for Snax, but they allow for online ordering which is so clutch. They apparently ended up reaching an agreement with Snax to take the more highly sought after strains from being sold at the hype beast, Wolf Pac. For the adult cannaseur who doesn’t want to stand in line for an hour with college kids for the best of the best, it is a small victory. Now that I’ve got a strong variety and quantity built up, I probably need to take a break on the procurement of more or my woman is gonna find other things I should be buying her with that money.

Kush Mints - Animal Mints x Bubba Kush

One of the best flowers I’ve smoked ever. It’s smooth, tastes amazing with a mint after taste. You get so baked, but the come down is not heavy at all. Something an every day smoker like me can smoke all day and keep getting blasted.

c31c22fef517165f06fd559f1a506fb8.plist

MAC 1 (Capulator’s Cut) - Alien Cookies F2 x Miracle 15

This is the best MAC I’ve ever had.

99a9f2a342a4c5e44fe632ea397db48f.plist

Waiting Game - Fruity Pebbles OG x MAC 1

This tastes so much like its parent, Fruity Pebbles. It is quite a bit more euphoric and lighter on the body than the MAC. A great sociable, happy, euphoric high.

844cea954f5df1a59a4238b3f5737b25.plist

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I love the pre rolls

Let me stop you right there and offer some advice. 

Step 1: Acquire weed. 

Step 2: Acquire grinder and use it(not the app. This is important.)

Step 3: purchase papers and a rolling device. 

Seriously, you'll notice a big difference. It's not that pre rolls are bad. You'll just get more high for your money and see what exactly is being put in to what you're smoking. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Let me stop you right there and offer some advice. 

Step 1: Acquire weed. 

Step 2: Acquire grinder and use it(not the app. This is important.)

Step 3: purchase papers and a rolling device. 

Seriously, you'll notice a big difference. It's not that pre rolls are bad. You'll just get more high for your money and see what exactly is being put in to what you're smoking. 

I have a ton of weed now. It’s like having a collection addiction lol! All the different kinds. I get the PRs for when I know I’m gonna golf that weekend. Just easy to grab and go

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

I have a ton of weed now. It’s like having a collection addiction lol! All the different kinds. I get the PRs for when I know I’m gonna golf that weekend. Just easy to grab and go

You should start growing. It will cost you less in the long run, be better, and you'll know exactly what's going into your smoke. You think you got tons now? Try growing. Seriously. And if you want to, and would like some help getting started so you don't fuck it all up, just holler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Haha I have this same desire to build up a collection!

Cant say I know too much about Michigan’s weed scene, but I do know a local shop moved into the Michigan market and has 3 locations I believe. It’s called High Level Health. If you’re interested at all in checking it out, I’d be happy to give you a rundown of many of their strains.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lucked out as, at the time, they were BOGO. That Incredible Kush is incredible to hit before bed, knockout medicine. 

yea, that one's my favorite for that exact reason. I was pretty well stocked before Covid, because I was in Denver once or twice a month for work, and I'd buy a couple each trip...I'm down to my last one, plus a couple Lusso cartridges I bought at a different dispensary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Looks like me coming back from CO. 

Different strains I brought back: Flo limon, platinum cookies flowe, star dawg, gorilla Glue, trainwreck, durango lemon purps, grandaddy purps, incredible kush, zkittlez, cherrygasm, kosher kush, glueball, bubba fett, and sunny day

20200624_142820.jpg

Username checks out.

Who's here in the Portland area?  I'm in the Couve.

And now a lesson of "let your nose guide you"

Never smoked offsprings together so when I saw gelato and dolato looking and smelling nice, said fuck it, and copped an ounce of each at ~$200 each. 

Gelato

20200623-142256.jpg

Dolato

20200623-142345.jpg

And a side by side comparison with a little of the orange julius I've got left (Gelato, Dolato, OJ)

20200623-143414.jpg

Now, the gelato and oj look beautiful. Super frosty and smell good. Especially the OJ which has a very unique citrus aroma. The dolato, while not looking like much in comparison to the other 2, absolutely fucking reeks. If you've ever heard someone use the phrase "loud," it's the perfect descriptor for this despite the meh look to it. Been smoking for 20 years and it's definitely in my top 5 dayyyummm strains. I've mentioned before it'll usually take 3-5 tokes off my one hitter to feel right. This shit had me at 2.

So... Yeah, don't always go off looks and stickiness. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Is there anything that doesn’t cause uncontrollable munchies? I don’t need to be eating at night.

Yeah, it's called eating before you smoke. Eventually you'll train yourself to block the feeling. I can smoke anytime throughout the day and not feel hungry afterwards. It's a mindset and not keeping munchies type food around helps as well. 

Don't get me wrong though, the summertime is difficult for me and ice cream. I'll admit diving into some heb creamy creations more days a week than I should. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Is there anything that doesn’t cause uncontrollable munchies? I don’t need to be eating at night.

Yes, actually there are strains that aren’t good at making us hungry. Those strains have THC-v cannabinoid present that works as an appetite suppressant.

Strains I’m aware of and can confirm that I’m not as hungry as other strains include LSD (the weed strain, not the hallucinogen), Jack the Ripper and Durban Poison.

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I usually check leafly when I have a choice of strains to see which side effects I can deal with. while BH13 is mostly correct, some strains will make it a lot harder than others. my biggest peeve is strains that give me cotton mouth or dry eyes. i tend to steer away from those if I can

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I usually check leafly when I have a choice of strains to see which side effects I can deal with. while BH13 is mostly correct, some strains will make it a lot harder than others. my biggest peeve is strains that give me cotton mouth or dry eyes. i tend to steer away from those if I can

Cotton mouth can be mitigated if you’re hydrated enough. I drink 2-3 liters of water a day and typically don’t get cotton mouth. Even with strains having it as a known side effect.

Made another batch of gummies last weekend; key lime pie. Not bad, not bad at all. Not quite to the lemon pound cake level, but easily a 9/10 if the lemon was 11/10.

Cherry run between those 2 was maybe a 7/10 for flavor. Ok, but not great. 

I think with the more mild flavor profiles you gotta go over the top. Makin bubble hash in the next couple of days, then once dried I’ll squish it for rosin. From there I’ll make oil,

oil to edibles, etc. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Cotton mouth can be mitigated if you’re hydrated enough. I drink 2-3 liters of water a day and typically don’t get cotton mouth. Even with strains having it as a known side effect.

Made another batch of gummies last weekend; key lime pie. Not bad, not bad at all. Not quite to the lemon pound cake level, but easily a 9/10 if the lemon was 11/10.

Cherry run between those 2 was maybe a 7/10 for flavor. Ok, but not great. 

I think with the more mild flavor profiles you gotta go over the top. Makin bubble hash in the next couple of days, then once dried I’ll squish it for rosin. From there I’ll make oil,

oil to edibles, etc. 

Dab that rosin my guy!!

3 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Dab that rosin my guy!!

I’ve thought about it, but dabs aren’t my thing usually. I’m in it for the solvent-less extraction with edibles being the end goal. 

Thought about a setup to make RSO, but even with the press price upfront being more, in the long run it will be a lot less. Plus, you know, no risk of blowing something up. 

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I’ve thought about it, but dabs aren’t my thing usually. I’m in it for the solvent-less extraction with edibles being the end goal. 

Thought about a setup to make RSO, but even with the press price upfront being more, in the long run it will be a lot less. Plus, you know, no risk of blowing something up. 

To each his own, I suppose. I can see why “dabbing” has a “super pothead” connotation and is a detractor, but IMHO Rosin in a Puffco Peak or Focus Carta is about as clean and healthy as you can get smoking a weed product.

4 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

To each his own, I suppose. I can see why “dabbing” has a “super pothead” connotation and is a detractor, but IMHO Rosin in a Puffco Peak or Focus Carta is about as clean and healthy as you can get smoking a weed product.

I love dabs but finding a good source is a little tough 

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

I'm currently cruising at an altitude of 10,000 feet in the air... sitting on the couch. This cigar tastes funny.

3mQ6whv.gif

My problem with concentrates is they make me choke like a first timer. Yeah, you get high as shit but can't breath and think you're going to die for 10 minutes until you're barely high anymore. Doesn't matter the strain, texture, color or any of that to me. Plus I haven't found an efficient way of smoking them without getting shit everywhere. 

5 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

3mQ6whv.gif

My problem with concentrates is they make me choke like a first timer. Yeah, you get high as shit but can't breath and think you're going to die for 10 minutes until you're barely high anymore. Doesn't matter the strain, texture, color or any of that to me. Plus I haven't found an efficient way of smoking them without getting shit everywhere. 

Understandable. It took me a little while, but eventually you get the hang of it as with most everything. My lady much prefers the Puffco Peak over anything. With the Peak it takes a handful of easy non coughing drags on it and then you get pretty damn high. To her the opposite is true. Little to no coughing, only 2-5 drags or so on the Peak, and you’re as high as if you paired on a fat blunt and coughed on that thing.

13 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Understandable. It took me a little while, but eventually you get the hang of it as with most everything. My lady much prefers the Puffco Peak over anything. With the Peak it takes a handful of easy non coughing drags on it and then you get pretty damn high. To her the opposite is true. Little to no coughing, only 2-5 drags or so on the Peak, and you’re as high as if you paired on a fat blunt and coughed on that thing.

I fucking hate bongs and other water pipes with a passion but have never tried concentrates out on them. I'm not uninterested...

200.gif