High

nivek3

I recently inhaled, deeply and inadvertently, some tiny insect as I was smelling one of my gardenia blooms. At first my nostril felt itchy and my sinus passages tingled. Now my whole head tingles. I realize this recipe may be challenging to duplicate. Still, an interesting combination – whatever responses the insect stimulated mingle well with THC.

Finally made it back to Cali. Was literally here the week shit started hitting the fan. Stocked up on some good flower and cartridges today. Almost had to pull the car over after a couple hits of a Blueberry OG pen.

396e1360ca25d3f85fe40bb18d675e3e.jpg

I recently received some Raw Garden carts from Cali. I like them but think they go a little too quickly; The oil seems a little less thick. Just this morning I had one quit working so I poured it into a an old empty one.

Let me know if you experience any problems.
  • Like 1

Can't speak to that specific brand but are you sure it's from Cali? Just asking because that's the prime state for fakes. You should never be able to pour it into an empty unless it's really hot. 

Next, the next time your cart goes out or your 710 battery doesn't register it, look at the pin on the bottom of the cart. GENTLY, and I can't emphasize this enough, gently screw (usually) counter clockwise. That'll usually do the trick as long as it's not faulty and leaking. It's always a good rule of thumb to wipe out your battery with a paper towel every now and then. Sometimes product and other nasty shit gets clogged in the threads. 

I'll let someone else speak to that specific brand if you're confident in its origins. The rest is straight game, yo. 

• Like 1

This shit here... THIS SHIT HERE is the greatest invention since hydroponics. 

20200709-165450.jpg

Only 2 minutes shaking around in a Tupperware then rinsing off with hot water gets you from this

20200707-123551.jpg

To this

20200707-123726.jpg

Wipe off with a paper towel and you've got a brand new piece. Been cleaning mine on the daily since it's reusable. Quality quality product. 

• Like 2

Can't speak to that specific brand but are you sure it's from Cali? Just asking because that's the prime state for fakes. You should never be able to pour it into an empty unless it's really hot. 
Next, the next time your cart goes out or your 710 battery doesn't register it, look at the pin on the bottom of the cart. GENTLY, and I can't emphasize this enough, gently screw (usually) counter clockwise. That'll usually do the trick as long as it's not faulty and leaking. It's always a good rule of thumb to wipe out your battery with a paper towel every now and then. Sometimes product and other nasty shit gets clogged in the threads. 
I'll let someone else speak to that specific brand if you're confident in its origins. The rest is straight game, yo. 

I’m certain the Raw Gardens I got are driven from a dispensary in Cali and I’m sure Tailgate can confirm this specific brand is pretty elaborately packaged. I’m really paranoid about fakes as I know they’re abundant so I only trust a couple connections. They used to get a brand called Lion’s Breath which my circle of friends think is the best.

Good tip about turning the contact counterclockwise. I’ve fixed a couple of other brands by pulling it out ever so slightly. I’ll try that next time.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I’m certain the Raw Gardens I got are driven from a dispensary in Cali and I’m sure Tailgate can confirm this specific brand is pretty elaborately packaged. I’m really paranoid about fakes as I know they’re abundant so I only trust a couple connections. They used to get a brand called Lion’s Breath which my circle of friends think is the best.

Good tip about turning the contact counterclockwise. I’ve fixed a couple of other brands by pulling it out ever so slightly. I’ll try that next time.

An alternative, albeit not the cheapest, is to buy 710 Labs carts. They’re proprietary and I just don’t see anyone faking their technology. Their pods are much less likely to malfunction. Their motto is “Quality Over Everything” and they live it. 710 labs is widely considered the best concentrate producer in CO, leading technological advancements in the solventless hash game, and seemingly they’ve been taking over Cali as well. They are so incredibly popular that they had a private list for the past couple years in CO and if you weren’t on the list you couldn’t buy. List has recently been killed. Their flower is considered the gold standard here. I have waited 2 and a half hours recently for the opportunity to buy a half oz of their bud of 1 strain but I was the first not to cop in line. They only had 41 half O’s at that drop. Some people get there 8-10 hours before open. I’m not kidding. And it’s not hyped like Cookies brand.

I say all of that to say most of the time their cartridges are the last thing to go and you should be able to find them easily, because they are not as cost effective or most people want to drop their hash in a rig or a vaporizer.

Last 710 Labs plug: they have one of the coolest IGs there is for weed nerds. Check out 710labsedu for everything flower and water hash related.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 1

I’m still going through this. I’ll try some raw gardens today and let you know. I’ve gotten them in the past and liked them.

I am 99% sure they are legit. I buy from Airfield Supply right by the San Jose airport. Great shop...really cool people. I only buy from highly recommended legal dispensaries in Colorado or California.

This Blueberry OG was so well packed it had some childproof-top tube that I almost couldn’t get opened while driving out.

I’m highly recommending this brand and flavor. Highly.

616204611fac08ac5b4dcdce421de864.jpg

19 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Hashy 710 Day to all of my fellow oilers! In Colorado 710 is almost as big of a deal as 420, especially when it comes to deals for concentrate and the rips passed around on IG.

Why 710 you ask? Flip it upside down and it spells out oil!

That explains the sale on oils when I went in. Thanks for this background. I’m an old. Oils and concentrates take me to the moon and plant my head in it...I stick with flower and cartridges...I love the moon...just not with my head stuck in it. Maybe that stuff is lighter...I’m actually thinking about dabs...so when I hear oil or concentrates I think that...are oils what you find in the cartridges or is it a higher concentrated form of the THC?

Edited by Tailgate

We have liftoff. It’s 100% legit. Very smooth and a true Summer Haze.

I did notice on the Raw website it recommended to not keep cartridges on the battery when not in use and to keep them upright. I do remember this brand now that I opened one today.

The resin can sometimes get up in the ceramic mouth piece...you just can’t bogart for too long...and you’re good.

Another I would highly recommend. I like this companies “clean” approach with the bud and ingredients.

5c73a7e460c36bb8d5068b043a1ef7c1.jpg

6856252312d544baf60de9cc7d92016e.jpg

63178682efaebf27fec0c9bdfabb013c.jpg

268f2d5677abf9d9845e09b4c34eb37b.jpg

b1ae433378d7ee7e068a55c84bf5cb4b.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Get your shit together and legalize, Texas. I’m sick of these feelings of rage-infused jealousy when I read these posts. 

Ya, no shit. I’m tired having to fly with this and play the ‘bad guy’ getting it back to Austin.

Hashy 710 Day to all of my fellow oilers! In Colorado 710 is almost as big of a deal as 420, especially when it comes to deals for concentrate and the rips passed around on IG.
I've never heard of 710 day and i live in CO. It is nowhere near as big a deal as 420. Not even close.

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

That explains the sale on oils when I went in. Thanks for this background. I’m an old. Oils and concentrates take me to the moon and plant my head in it...I stick with flower and cartridges...I love the moon...just not with my head stuck in it. Maybe that stuff is lighter...I’m actually thinking about dabs...so when I hear oil or concentrates I think that...are oils what you find in the cartridges or is it a higher concentrated form of the THC?

What you are smoking is basically "dab" in a cartridge. Usually, a half gram in a cartridge costs about the same as a whole gram of concentrate. There are a wide array of vaporization devices these days that will allow you to drop a little bit of your concentrate in and then press a button. It's a lot easier and less crack head feeling than you may think. I say all of that and I own a vaporizer (Puffco Peak) and still want to get a "dab rig" for when I really want to blast off.

38 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 7/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, I Plead Da Fif said:

I've never heard of 710 day and i live in CO. It is nowhere near as big a deal as 420. Not even close.

Okay I may have exaggerated the broadness, but as far as the discount in prices and deals it is as big of a deal. 

• Like 1

We have liftoff. It’s 100% legit. Very smooth and a true Summer Haze.

I did notice on the Raw website it recommended to not keep cartridges on the battery when not in use and to keep them upright. I do remember this brand now that I opened one today.

The resin can sometimes get up in the ceramic mouth piece...you just can’t bogart for too long...and you’re good.

Another I would highly recommend. I like this companies “clean” approach with the bud and ingredients.

5c73a7e460c36bb8d5068b043a1ef7c1.jpg

6856252312d544baf60de9cc7d92016e.jpg
63178682efaebf27fec0c9bdfabb013c.jpg
268f2d5677abf9d9845e09b4c34eb37b.jpg
b1ae433378d7ee7e068a55c84bf5cb4b.jpg

Good feedback. I always keep mine upright but I’ve also read to burn these at a lower heat. Have you noticed the oil is lighter (less viscous) than others?

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Don't know if you need the help or not but this is a great place to "study" for a test if anyone needs it. 

https://urineluck.com/

Been using them for 15+years on at least 10 tests. I'm fucking valedictorian. 

Nah, that was just part of some tests my doctor gave me. Not legal or work related. I'm familiar with urineluck. Used it 4 or 5 times now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

To his question - While understanding it’s not legal, is it fairly safe to use FedEx? USPS?

A very reliable source tells me that USPS is the only carrier to use, and to use only priority mail or the like (i.e. not overnight shipping because of more risk.) It kinda sucks right now with the mail being the way it is but it's the most commonly/ less scrutinized travel route. 

It all comes down to the sender. If they know what they're doing, then it's no problem. If you want the steps to stealth, let me know. Otherwise, biggest rule for you to follow is not using a fake name and making sure your address is correct. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
ETA fake names on addresses can result in the package being examined and an awkward conversation to follow with all the wrong people.
  • Like 2

Changed up my gummy recipe a good bit. Did a run a week ago (orange) and they came out really good. Moving away from infusing flower/trim directly into oil, and instead using rosin helped a good bit. Going to up the dose a tick on the next one, and should easily be where I want them.

Should have a lot of good trim from this last run that went into drying last week. Bubble hash and then squish that. Last bit of bubble I ran two weeks ago turned out just over 14g from the sweet spot. The little washing machine I picked up is the way to go.

59 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Changed up my gummy recipe a good bit. Did a run a week ago (orange) and they came out really good. Moving away from infusing flower/trim directly into oil, and instead using rosin helped a good bit. Going to up the dose a tick on the next one, and should easily be where I want them.

Should have a lot of good trim from this last run that went into drying last week. Bubble hash and then squish that. Last bit of bubble I ran two weeks ago turned out just over 14g from the sweet spot. The little washing machine I picked up is the way to go.

Drool. I had to pay a little under $300 for my just under half o of live resin last week. Livin the dream!

Resin/wax/shatter is expensive, yep. I’ll press the bubble hash and end up with around 11g or resin. (Or should, anyway, if I hit the expected 80% return.)

I don’t particularly dab, but I did pick up a water-filtered honey straw and I did start taking a test hit of the resin once I squish.

I could go ahead and squish the 14g of bubble I have now. No real need to wait on the other than for convenience of doing it all at once. I should be trimming this weekend or next week some time, so it may end up coming together all at once anyway.

In process of doing the between run cleaning out and sterilizing. “Worst” part of it, really. Mainly rinsing perlite is the top end of the “not so fun” part. It’s not difficult, but anyone that has used perlite knows that shit just appears everywhere.

Plus rinsing enough for 4 of the 3.5gal buckets is a lot. Thought I might try and reuse it as much as possible, but fuck that. Rinsing that shit is even worse when you gotta get the root shit out of it and then sterilize.  

42 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Drool. I had to pay a little under $300 for my just under half o of live resin last week. Livin the dream!

For the sake of full transparency:

- 10-ton dab press: $490
- hydraulic hand pump: $190
- bubble hash washing machine: $110
- new bubble bag set: $50
- misc tools (silicone jars, sculpting tools, filters, pre-press molds, etc): $260

So before I even pressed the first run, I was already into it for $1100.

I could have skipped new bubble bags, skipped the machine and kept on with the drill paddle, waited for the 6-ton press/pump combo to be back in stock (whenever that may have been at the time), and been into it for just over $725. However that bubble machine is well worth it. Makes a bubble run so much easier, and certainly beats (no pun intended) sitting there with a drill paddle for 90 minutes.

If I can keep hitting 80% return on squising hash, that's 8g of rosin for every 10g of hash. Let's play it safe and call it a 60% return which is on the low side and unless you suffer from a fornicating mental handicap, you'll hit that easy.

Good rosin runs around $25/g here, even $30 or $35 for really, really good live resin. I'll go at $25/g. To hit $1100, that's 44g of rosin at $25/g. To get 44g of rosin, I'll need around 73g of good bubble hash at 60% return, 55g hitting 80% return.

Two grows worth of good trim and larf should hit that, but with the new bubble machine it may be within a run. That's my real unknown right now. If the first bubble run with the machine was any indication, it's very possible that a single run will do it.

That being the case, in theory I would be "even" at that point as I didn't have to buy rosin/wax/shatter for edibles.

That's all on paper though. Essentially it's spending money to save it elsewhere and in the long run come out ahead of the game. No different than growing, really. Working with a couple close friends (whom are unaware I'm currently growing) to have them get their cards and list me as their caregiver. If I can pick up a couple of them, I'll be set to jet, and sustainable in the fun.

21 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

For the sake of full transparency:

- 10-ton dab press: $490
- hydraulic hand pump: $190
- bubble hash washing machine: $110
- new bubble bag set: $50
- misc tools (silicone jars, sculpting tools, filters, pre-press molds, etc): $260

So before I even pressed the first run, I was already into it for $1100.

I could have skipped new bubble bags, skipped the machine and kept on with the drill paddle, waited for the 6-ton press/pump combo to be back in stock (whenever that may have been at the time), and been into it for just over $725. However that bubble machine is well worth it. Makes a bubble run so much easier, and certainly beats (no pun intended) sitting there with a drill paddle for 90 minutes.

If I can keep hitting 80% return on squising hash, that's 8g of rosin for every 10g of hash. Let's play it safe and call it a 60% return which is on the low side and unless you suffer from a fornicating mental handicap, you'll hit that easy.

Good rosin runs around $25/g here, even $30 or $35 for really, really good live resin. I'll go at $25/g. To hit $1100, that's 44g of rosin at $25/g. To get 44g of rosin, I'll need around 73g of good bubble hash at 60% return, 55g hitting 80% return.

Two grows worth of good trim and larf should hit that, but with the new bubble machine it may be within a run. That's my real unknown right now. If the first bubble run with the machine was any indication, it's very possible that a single run will do it.

That being the case, in theory I would be "even" at that point as I didn't have to buy rosin/wax/shatter for edibles.

That's all on paper though. Essentially it's spending money to save it elsewhere and in the long run come out ahead of the game. No different than growing, really. Working with a couple close friends (whom are unaware I'm currently growing) to have them get their cards and list me as their caregiver. If I can pick up a couple of them, I'll be set to jet, and sustainable in the fun.

So you’re using Rosin and Resin somewhat interchangeably, but I thought what you’re making is Rosin, or solventless extract. In CO solventless is much more expensive than BHO, or resin. I only buy live Resin in bulk usually at a savings (~$20/G) and will dabble some in Rosin. That said, Rosin, here in CO, is anywhere between $35 - $80. I mean for people with an insane hookup here in town I’ve heard 850-900 an o of solventless.

Also are you paddling fresh plant when making Water Hash?

46 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I think I'm going to take a week's vacation to come stay with thunder to apprentice or be free labor. Fuck... I've only got half a clue of what you're talking about and it sounds fucking awesome. 

Turning a space around between runs is the “worst” part of growing. It’s not bad, but cleaning anything sucks.

I’d love to have a bitch an apprentice to help out. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

So you’re using Rosin and Resin somewhat interchangeably, but I thought what you’re making is Rosin, or solventless extract. In CO solventless is much more expensive than BHO, or resin. I only buy live Resin in bulk usually at a savings (~$20/G) and will dabble some in Rosin. That said, Rosin, here in CO, is anywhere between $35 - $80. I mean for people with an insane hookup here in town I’ve heard 850-900 an o of solventless.

Also are you paddling fresh plant when making Water Hash?

Yes, I tend to use rosin/resin interchangeably. But for the record, we're talking about rosin. I looked at using alcohol, and had my eyes on a little vacuum chamber device that a) ran at room temp, so not near the risk of blowing up, and b) as it "boiled off" the alcohol under vacuum, you use a cold pack on top to condense the alcohol back real quick into an outer chamber.

Would have been neat, but I think I can do more things with the press than I could have with that. Plus alcohol would run around $100/gal for the 200 proof good stuff. In the long run, I think pressing is going to work out better for me.

I honestly can't say what top shelf, live rosin would go for here. Most is mid-grade, if you can find it, and $25-$35/g. Really good, clean stuff could be a lot more. (Makes sense, really, as it takes a LOT of good product to press into a clean rosin.

Using the bubble hash as an intermediate stage should help that quite a bit. I'm semi-picky on my hash, and only keep anything between 45µ and 150µ. Anything above that is gunk, and anything below 45µ is (allegedly) just trich stems and nothing but cough inducing remnants.

I dry trim, so once it's dried I trim, then bag up and freeze the goodies. Goodies being the trim and larf. Then at some point I do a bubble run. Previously I messed with decarbing hash, then adding however much into a little oil or butter for a recipe, as needed. Anything else went into temple balls. Now I'll be squishing the hash for an even more refined product, which should get me into good shape with the edibles. This past orange batch turned out really, really well. Next batch (probably 2 weeks out) is going to be pineapple coconut. Batch after that will be another shot at lemon pound cake. Those were fire with the old recipe, so I can only imagine how much the new recipe will improve them.

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Yes, I tend to use rosin/resin interchangeably. But for the record, we're talking about rosin. I looked at using alcohol, and had my eyes on a little vacuum chamber device that a) ran at room temp, so not near the risk of blowing up, and b) as it "boiled off" the alcohol under vacuum, you use a cold pack on top to condense the alcohol back real quick into an outer chamber.

Would have been neat, but I think I can do more things with the press than I could have with that. Plus alcohol would run around $100/gal for the 200 proof good stuff. In the long run, I think pressing is going to work out better for me.

I honestly can't say what top shelf, live rosin would go for here. Most is mid-grade, if you can find it, and $25-$35/g. Really good, clean stuff could be a lot more. (Makes sense, really, as it takes a LOT of good product to press into a clean rosin.

Using the bubble hash as an intermediate stage should help that quite a bit. I'm semi-picky on my hash, and only keep anything between 45µ and 150µ. Anything above that is gunk, and anything below 45µ is (allegedly) just trich stems and nothing but cough inducing remnants.

I dry trim, so once it's dried I trim, then bag up and freeze the goodies. Goodies being the trim and larf. Then at some point I do a bubble run. Previously I messed with decarbing hash, then adding however much into a little oil or butter for a recipe, as needed. Anything else went into temple balls. Now I'll be squishing the hash for an even more refined product, which should get me into good shape with the edibles. This past orange batch turned out really, really well. Next batch (probably 2 weeks out) is going to be pineapple coconut. Batch after that will be another shot at lemon pound cake. Those were fire with the old recipe, so I can only imagine how much the new recipe will improve them.

Gotcha. So what you’re making is actually not live then, not that I’m trying to diminish the amazing education you’re dropping and hobbies were living vicariously through. I can’t say this enough. Thank you for sharing!

What defines it being “live”, I believe, is that you flash freeze plants right after chop and then either run through your solvent extraction machine or your water hash (or press if you go straight to pressing) fresh frozen.

Here, non-live (usually shatter or wax) is around $15 a g. Live Resin anywhere between $25-40. Live Rosin anywhere between $35-80. “Live” anything vs “non-live” is basically the difference between eating a fresh vs dried strawberry. The fresh/live maintains much more flavor.

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I don’t particularly dab, but I did pick up a water-filtered honey straw and I did start taking a test hit of the resin once I squish.

I don’t understand most of the words in this sentence but I love it. I’ve got a charcoal filtered agave straw that I use to squish mondo blasts off my resin dab. 

1 hour ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Gotcha. So what you’re making is actually not live then, not that I’m trying to diminish the amazing education you’re dropping and hobbies were living vicariously through. I can’t say this enough. Thank you for sharing!

What defines it being “live”, I believe, is that you flash freeze plants right after chop and then either run through your solvent extraction machine or your water hash (or press if you go straight to pressing) fresh frozen.

Here, non-live (usually shatter or wax) is around $15 a g. Live Resin anywhere between $25-40. Live Rosin anywhere between $35-80. “Live” anything vs “non-live” is basically the difference between eating a fresh vs dried strawberry. The fresh/live maintains much more flavor.

Pretty much. I would have to go back to wet trimming for a full live profile. Fuck that shit. Fuck it right in the mouth.  By the time I would be done trimming wet,  I could be dried and ready for the trimmer.

You’re right on the “live” classification though. Cut and immediately freeze. If I broke stems down into smaller portions, I could probably take the larf off and do that. But I’m not after a consumer market, I’m after myself and making edibles that don’t taste like decarbed weed.

Good enough on that front.

Now if I were to ever relocate and get a commercial license, that might be different. Odds of that happening are pretty slim. I’m content, and thankful, just to be able to grow what I can. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don’t understand most of the words in this sentence but I love it. I’ve got a charcoal filtered agave straw that I use to squish mondo blasts off my resin dab. 

D8D99D13-4D42-49C6-A9CD-CA35CB3965D2.jpeg.0687de811cfcce41693574ccb57024f6.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XXBQ1XS

Not the greatest, but works for the occasional sample. Heat the end up, get near the rosin, and poof. 

• Like 1