High

nivek3

On 7/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, Nuge said:

My afternoon.
Lemon sour diesel.573d196235995afbe981a4c0c6ae7697.jpg

Can someone explain that vape type contraption there? 

Also, saw and tried these today for the first time. I recommend for a good high snack if ya like almonds. I used to mostly get their Smokehouse flavor or just Sea Salt, but these a pretty goddamn good

6oz_Can_BOLD_Habanero_BBQ_Front.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Have been trying out a new rosin place. You’d walk right by it trying to find it your first time. Small batch outfit putting out a really high quality product for a fair price.

I picked up a couple regular live SHO’s earlier this week, but was too quick to try to take pics. I ended up finding out about their 2nd Press. It doesn’t look as light as the 1st press, but damn is it an amazing value. $31 OTD during their Happy Hour for 2nd Press vs $45 for live SHO. They apparently only squeeze out a couple of extra grams of second press, so it’s not like it’s not flavorful.

23114966b541f761d5d3482e2fde6410.jpg

1542070d8543a04ec2efb8eb3e7ed6d6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Finished up drying/trimming a batch of Night Queen, bred by Dutch Passion, this past Friday. Couldn't help it and had a sample. Ho. Lee. Fuckballs. It hasn't even cured yet and is already fucking fire. I'm pretty sure only dogs could hear me I was so freakin high.

A local shop had a little thing going on over the weekend where they had on-site testing with a free test, or if you spent X amount of $, you could get a few more. So, what the hell right? Took a bud of the Night Queen down there and she tested at 26%. This is uncured, so it's going to get even better over the next 6 weeks and beyond. Once cured, she'll probably tip out closer to 30%.

Wow. I mean just wow. I did something right on her, that's for sure. Definitely impressed, to say the least. So much so that I'm going to be pushing another run of her into the first open spot I can find. Amazing plant. Not the highest yielding one out there, and she doesn't seem to put out giant tops, but all the nugs are dense, solid, and most are quarter to golfball size, give or take. A little bit of larf off the very bottom, but not much at all. Took the larf and squished it just for shits and grins. I should have clipped it before drying, froze it, and turned it into bubble hash to then squeeze into live rosin, but whatev.

Just putting a solo gal into flower starting tomorrow, which will be the first open spot I have coming up, which should put it about mid-October before I can start in with another Night Queen. Either way, she's absolute fire. Great nighttime strain that's a heavy, relaxed body buzz with a gentle of floaty head buzz to her. Hope I can keep off it enough to get it through the cure. Right now I just wanna smoke the shit out of it. Dry weight came out to just under 9oz, so not bad. Not killer, but respectable at least.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Breeder: Ace
Strain: Killer A5 Haze
Genetics: A5 Haze by Nevil (Northern Lights #5/HazeA) x Malawi Killer
Type: 80 % Sativa / 20 % Indica
Indoor/Outdoor
Flowering Time: 63 - 84 Days
Yield: Very High
Aroma: Meaty, Liver, Haze, Floral, Rotting
Effects: Trippy, Narcotic, Giggly, Sedative
CBD: 0%
THC: 23 - 30%

“The scent is very complex and includes a deep, incense/Haze quality along with that of meat, rotting/organic notes, compost, resin and seasoned wood. Terpenes found are myrcene, limonene and beta-caryophelene. THC production varies between 23% - 30%, the latter figure believed to be the maximum that cannabis can produce. Its effect is definitely not for the novice or the faint-hearted. It is incredibly strong and psychedelic in character, utterly trippy with commensurate alterations to perceptions including visual, auditory and tactile changes. The disassociative psychedelic phase leads into one of hilarity before eventually becoming very heavy and narcotic. The inexperienced smoker will not be able to handle it, treat with caution!”

So there’s that. Been looking for that for a long time. I always seem to miss it being in stock; it sells fast. 

Well, say no more. Say no more. 

Now to find a slot for it that isn’t a year out. 😄

Since I was ordering, also picked up Golden Tiger (ace), Candyland and Granddaddy Purple (Grandaddy Purple, aka Ken, the original breeder), Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion), and OG Kush (Blimburn).

Not that I needed more seeds, but whatev. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Dude 175mg HOLY FUCK MAN!!! That’s a shit ton! I’m a heavy ass smoker and it takes 40mgs to fuck me up 

Keyword: smoker

Edibles are (obviously) a bit different ballgame. You can have a heavy smoke tolerance, and a 20mg edible can put you on your ass.

I take 40mg about an hour before bed, no problem. But I ate a 20mg yesterday evening and was pretty damn high for a bit. So even with a tolerance for edibles, they can still throw you a curveball now and then. 

Finished up drying/trimming a batch of Night Queen, bred by Dutch Passion, this past Friday. Couldn't help it and had a sample. Ho. Lee. Fuckballs. It hasn't even cured yet and is already fucking fire. I'm pretty sure only dogs could hear me I was so freakin high. A local shop had a little thing going on over the weekend where they had on-site testing with a free test, or if you spent X amount of $, you could get a few more. So, what the hell right? Took a bud of the Night Queen down there and she tested at 26%. This is uncured, so it's going to get even better over the next 6 weeks and beyond. Once cured, she'll probably tip out closer to 30%.

Wow. I mean just wow. I did something right on her, that's for sure. Definitely impressed, to say the least. So much so that I'm going to be pushing another run of her into the first open spot I can find. Amazing plant. Not the highest yielding one out there, and she doesn't seem to put out giant tops, but all the nugs are dense, solid, and most are quarter to golfball size, give or take. A little bit of larf off the very bottom, but not much at all. Took the larf and squished it just for shits and grins. I should have clipped it before drying, froze it, and turned it into bubble hash to then squeeze into live rosin, but whatev.

Just putting a solo gal into flower starting tomorrow, which will be the first open spot I have coming up, which should put it about mid-October before I can start in with another Night Queen. Either way, she's absolute fire. Great nighttime strain that's a heavy, relaxed body buzz with a gentle of floaty head buzz to her. Hope I can keep off it enough to get it through the cure. Right now I just wanna smoke the shit out of it. Dry weight came out to just under 9oz, so not bad. Not killer, but respectable at least.

Congratulations! I can’t imagine how fulfilling that must be.

Breeder: Ace
Strain: Killer A5 Haze
Genetics: A5 Haze by Nevil (Northern Lights #5/HazeA) x Malawi Killer
Type: 80 % Sativa / 20 % Indica
Indoor/Outdoor
Flowering Time: 63 - 84 Days
Yield: Very High
Aroma: Meaty, Liver, Haze, Floral, Rotting
Effects: Trippy, Narcotic, Giggly, Sedative
CBD: 0%
THC: 23 - 30%

“The scent is very complex and includes a deep, incense/Haze quality along with that of meat, rotting/organic notes, compost, resin and seasoned wood. Terpenes found are myrcene, limonene and beta-caryophelene. THC production varies between 23% - 30%, the latter figure believed to be the maximum that cannabis can produce. Its effect is definitely not for the novice or the faint-hearted. It is incredibly strong and psychedelic in character, utterly trippy with commensurate alterations to perceptions including visual, auditory and tactile changes. The disassociative psychedelic phase leads into one of hilarity before eventually becoming very heavy and narcotic. The inexperienced smoker will not be able to handle it, treat with caution!”

So there’s that. Been looking for that for a long time. I always seem to miss it being in stock; it sells fast. 

Well, say no more. Say no more. 

Now to find a slot for it that isn’t a year out. 

Since I was ordering, also picked up Golden Tiger (ace), Candyland and Granddaddy Purple (Grandaddy Purple, aka Ken, the original breeder), Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion), and OG Kush (Blimburn).
Not that I needed more seeds, but whatev. 

I’ll remember that if I ever see it. Sounds like a fun one and that terp profile when done well is so fire.

Yesterday it finally happened. I was able to purchase some Rosin from the most highly sought after manufacturer of Rosin in the state of Colorado and California.

Meet 710 Labs.

1b0bf3ad67b07cfa3d4da9be6d7a0f26.file

f088360fdb31dd26edf7cbbf1095c663.jpg

c03c1fb42cf63cb6e355ac03e1352fd5.jpg

0072bc485f00e73f8c78c7d3cb62e120.jpg

They sell their Hash by tiers. Those are both Tier 3 as seen on the right hand side. They have 4 tiers, 4 being the lowest. In general tiers are a combo of how high of a yielder the plant is and how good the flavor is. Persy means Personal Stash, or a higher shelf version of the same tier. Like the top 10-20% of that harvest for that cultivar.

Ended up totally lucking out. Just randomly checked a dispo’s online menu that I frequent for top shelf flower and they were available for purchase in their online store and sold out within 30 minutes of me buying mine with absolutely no announcement. Crazy.

The flavor is good. I will reserve judgement until I’ve tried Tier 1’s and some crystal water hash where the flavor is supposed to be out of this world. The high is fantastic though, on both. I can honestly say it’s better than the Allgreens I’ve had in terms of just how hard it hits you. I will be checking out Lazercat, Mountain Select and Olio in future hash adventures.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Congratulations! I can’t imagine how fulfilling that must be.

Yes it is. Every time. But seeing that I was able to kick it up a notch in the THC/resin department is satisfying for sure. Means I’m doin something right at least.

5 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Yesterday it finally happened. I was able to purchase some Rosin from the most highly sought after manufacturer of Rosin in the state of Colorado and California.

Meet 710 Labs.

1b0bf3ad67b07cfa3d4da9be6d7a0f26.file

f088360fdb31dd26edf7cbbf1095c663.jpg

c03c1fb42cf63cb6e355ac03e1352fd5.jpg

0072bc485f00e73f8c78c7d3cb62e120.jpg

They sell their Hash by tiers. Those are both Tier 3 as seen on the right hand side. They have 4 tiers, 4 being the lowest. In general tiers are a combo of how high of a yielder the plant is and how good the flavor is. Persy means Personal Stash, or a higher shelf version of the same tier. Like the top 10-20% of that harvest for that cultivar.

Ended up totally lucking out. Just randomly checked a dispo’s online menu that I frequent for top shelf flower and they were available for purchase in their online store and sold out within 30 minutes of me buying mine with absolutely no announcement. Crazy.

The flavor is good. I will reserve judgement until I’ve tried Tier 1’s and some crystal water hash where the flavor is supposed to be out of this world. The high is fantastic though, on both. I can honestly say it’s better than the Allgreens I’ve had in terms of just how hard it hits you. I will be checking out Lazercat, Mountain Select and Olio in future hash adventures.

Very nice. I pressed a little of the Night Queen larf. Came out ridiculous and retarded sticky. 

17 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

I’ll remember that if I ever see it. Sounds like a fun one and that terp profile when done well is so fire.

I read the description, checked lineage, and knew I had to have it quick. So much so I may push back one of my In-House Genetics strains a run so I can make a spot for it. 

• Like 1

I did a side by side comparison with smoking bud in a regular glass pipe and vaping bud in a Pax 2, today. I had never really used the Pax so wasn't sure how the high is. Contrary to what I have heard and read, the regular pipe hit me a lot harder and I think longer.

I have also eaten gummies and vaped oil today, but I don't consider that a factor because both teams had to play in the same conditions.   

I did a side by side comparison with smoking bud in a regular glass pipe and vaping bud in a Pax 2, today. I had never really used the Pax so wasn't sure how the high is. Contrary to what I have heard and read, the regular pipe hit me a lot harder and I think longer.
I have also eaten gummies and vaped oil today, but I don't consider that a factor because both teams had to play in the same conditions.   

I agree with that. In hindsight the Pax has a certain appeal, getting blasted isn’t it. Always felt it was a great discrete mobile device.

I used my pax (original) when I first picked it up. After about a month it went in the drawer and hasn’t came back out since. Wasn’t really my thing. It worked, and worked well. However I also found the effects were less than I had hoped. I was high, but not like I would be off a couple pipe hits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Am I the only one who takes a certain sense of perverse delight in sneaking away and hiding from my child so that I can eat gummies in secret? 

Instead of manufacturing excuses to get away from my parents in order to smoke a bowl, I'm now sneaking away from my boy so I can get high off of eating candies. Kind of funny. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same... 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Been really busy and going through a lot of shit but here's what I've been smoking on the past month or so. 

20200804-145159.jpg

Berry white-- everything about this strain is awesome. Nice structure, smell and smoke. Great mellow strain to smoke throughout the day but won't knock you out. 

20200804-145205.jpg

Kush cakes-- not that bad of a strain but not great, either. Maybe I'm a little bias towards kush. Most of them don't hit hard to me and smells too much like hay. 

20200810-150205.jpg

Cake mix-- this shit here... fanfuckingtastic. Sweet, mellow and lingers on for quite a while. 

20200813-125049.jpg

Cali O-- haven't even tried this yet, to be honest. Looks good (besides the trimming) but has that kush smell. 

Now for what I've been obsessed with this past week. Even you folks in legal states would be impressed with this bud-- epicure. 

20200813-125037.jpg

First off, it's thc percentage is at an off the charts level at 33%. Hits hard, looks beautiful, smells really weird like saltwater(either that or I've got the rona.) This shit here is definitely a "1-2 hits and I'm done" type of strain. Normally smoking in and of itself would not make me sleepy. This one will put you horizontal after a good meal. 

Hi

• Hook 'Em 1

hey if it’s been covered already in the past 19 pages, forgive me.  so I’m gonna be driving to crested butte next week and curious if the dispensaries in the shitty towns on the way are cheaper to any appreciable degree than the dispensaries in CB.  would I save any money doing my shopping in trinidad or walsenburg?

13 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Most of them don't hit hard to me and smells too much like hay. 

That is a direct result of not harvesting at the right time (too early), along with not properly drying and curing. Whomever grew that fucked it up. That’s a big problem with a lot of growers. They don’t know how to time shit right. You gotta take that 6-week curing hit from the start, or you’ll struggle to get synced up later when you find your product suffering.

The sad thing is, most don’t care. The quicker they get it out (harvest too early, dry too quick, and little to no cure) the quicker they get paid. It’s sad, really. Why waste the time/energy/money to grow just to fuck up at the end? Genetics and good growing skills get you halfway home. The other half is when you harvest, how you dry, and how you cure.

A lot of commercial is the same way. Top shelf craft? Usually, but not always, gets a much better treatment.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

hey if it’s been covered already in the past 19 pages, forgive me.  so I’m gonna be driving to crested butte next week and curious if the dispensaries in the shitty towns on the way are cheaper to any appreciable degree than the dispensaries in CB.  would I save any money doing my shopping in trinidad or walsenburg?

Probably just the opposite, actually. 

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

That is a direct result of not harvesting at the right time (too early), along with not properly drying and curing. Whomever grew that fucked it up. That’s a big problem with a lot of growers. They don’t know how to time shit right. You gotta take that 6-week curing hit from the start, or you’ll struggle to get synced up later when you find your product suffering.

The sad thing is, most don’t care. The quicker they get it out (harvest too early, dry too quick, and little to no cure) the quicker they get paid. It’s sad, really. Why waste the time/energy/money to grow just to fuck up at the end? Genetics and good growing skills get you halfway home. The other half is when you harvest, how you dry, and how you cure.

A lot of commercial is the same way. Top shelf craft? Usually, but not always, gets a much better treatment.

Yeah man because I can remember getting platinum bubba and grand daddy purp 10 years ago that was dank as shit and was mostly purple. Now? Fuck. In Texas at least, those 2 specifically are bottom of barrel type shit. Now I've just got to hope a crazy strain I've never heard of like grape soda hits nice and is something similar to what their profile on leafly is. It is really fucking sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yeah man because I can remember getting platinum bubba and grand daddy purp 10 years ago that was dank as shit and was mostly purple. Now? Fuck. In Texas at least, those 2 specifically are bottom of barrel type shit. Now I've just got to hope a crazy strain I've never heard of like grape soda hits nice and is something similar to what their profile on leafly is. It is really fucking sad. 

Purple can be hit or miss, unless you have a perfectly controlled environment. For purple to really pop it needs a tick cooler night time temp that most strains. Not only that, but a decent drop from day to night too. Normally up to 10 is good. I've found purple seems to show up better when the drop is closer to 15. So if I had my daytime temps running 78, I would have my heater set to 68. If I were running a potentially purple strain, I’d set it more like 64 or 65.

Of course the genetics have to be there too.

If I have something that can be purple to run, I try to save it until it’s back half of flowering will be when nighttime temps are naturally in the upper 50’s every night, and not higher. Humidity factors into that as well, so incoming air temp may change based on dehumidification.

Even then it can still be a bit finicky. 

When you're dealing with the average street weed, ya get what ya get. You just never know if it really is what they say it is.

Once you know what you’re getting is what it is supposed to be, then you can strain hunt and find 3 or 4 that do the trick for each of whatever you’re after. Day/night/social/pain/chill/sleep/whatever.

I think a lot of people would be surprised what all really goes into growing, and growing well. It can be an eye opener. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

My wife was nice enough to bring me back some 500mg cartridges from her trip to Vail. Problem is I always get the disposable pens when I travel and don't have a reusable vape. I know nothing about what I need to buy to use these cartridges. Can you guys show me or tell me what I need to buy so I can enjoy these? I appreciate the help! This is one of the items she got.spacer.png

2 hours ago, JohnnyChorizo said:

My wife was nice enough to bring me back some 500mg cartridges from her trip to Vail. Problem is I always get the disposable pens when I travel and don't have a reusable vape. I know nothing about what I need to buy to use these cartridges. Can you guys show me or tell me what I need to buy so I can enjoy these? I appreciate the help! This is one of the items she got.spacer.png

pretty sure you can get a decent $20 vape pen at walmart.  they keep it where they keep the cigarettes.  those cartridges will work with it.  

On 8/16/2020 at 12:59 PM, futureman said:

what makes you say that?

Trinidad is the closest place to Texas to buy legal weed. It's also the last stop when leaving the state, so they can mark up a little because most people aren't going to bother to comparison shop. Just a theory, no idea if it's true or not. 

You could also figure out what dispensary you want to visit in CB before you get there, go to their website, and get on their mailing list. The ones I'm on for places in Denver are constantly sending me sale flyers and texting me special offers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyChorizo said:

8 hours ago, futureman said:

pretty sure you can get a decent $20 vape pen at walmart.  they keep it where they keep the cigarettes.  those cartridges will work with it.  

Fuck all that. What you need is a 510 battery and you can get them in bulk, whatever features (stick, dropbox style, etc) and all that for a lot cheaper online. The "510" refers to the thread measurement-- not that you need to know that, but you shouldn't ever spend $20+ on a battery unless it's that badass or you're just really desperate. 

Futureman is just out of his element, once again. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Fuck all that. What you need is a 510 battery and you can get them in bulk, whatever features (stick, dropbox style, etc) and all that for a lot cheaper online. The "510" refers to the thread measurement-- not that you need to know that, but you shouldn't ever spend $20+ on a battery unless it's that badass or you're just really desperate. 

or this. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This. 

checkout https://www.yocan.com/product

use promo code “CAN15” for 15% off

I have a number of their products and they have been pretty good for me. 

the thing with these batteries is that they are mass produced Chinese standard batteries which means that 1 out of 3 batteries will crap out within the first month. This is something that is unavoidable and just part of owning the equipment at this point. Just be ready to return and substitute a couple times until you get a winner

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:21 AM, futureman said:

I think it may really depend on what you’re after. If you’re just after edibles you could be paying as much as $5-7 more for the same bar/gummies. If you want to get good shit to smoke and drive as far north as Pueblo before going west, “The Dispo” and Doctors Orders there both look to have 🔥, The Dispo having SnaxLand. You’ll often times get taxed the further south you are because of the number of people who cross to buy and then go back home. WeedMaps will help you plan.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:10 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

Can someone explain that vape type contraption there? 

Also, saw and tried these today for the first time. I recommend for a good high snack if ya like almonds. I used to mostly get their Smokehouse flavor or just Sea Salt, but these a pretty goddamn good

6oz_Can_BOLD_Habanero_BBQ_Front.png

Finally tried these almonds last night while high and damn near ate the whole can. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

Looking at replacing it with a Pax 3...any thoughts?

t-gY1L6.jpg

Username checks out. If you're using it daily, that means you're going to smoke a lot more than you're prepared to spend 200 for. 

I say it all the time, get a dugout or a one hitter. You'll get the most out of your herb and it's easy to toss when need be. 

27 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

t-gY1L6.jpg

Username checks out. If you're using it daily, that means you're going to smoke a lot more than you're prepared to spend 200 for. 

I say it all the time, get a dugout or a one hitter. You'll get the most out of your herb and it's easy to toss when need be. 

You’re saying the Pax wastes too much herb?

I'm saying it's for the weekend toker. They'll love all the tech and what not but, yeah... It wastes to me unless you puff until it's shit brown. Also the concentrates pod is fucking useless. No way not to make it not leak and spill shit everywhere. Fuck the pax is what I'm saying, amigo. 

• Hook 'Em 1