High

nivek3

Just depends. Mainly depends on how it’s bucked down (buds cut from branch) by the grower. Some like to leave huge ones intact for the look.

Me personally, I’ll take a few pics of big run togethers like that, but cut them down to a normal size. My reason for this is to help prevent mold while in storage. I would hate to hate to get 4 weeks into cure (or worse, 6+ months into storage) and have it get mold from being too dense and not enough air to get around it. 

On rare occasions, and may be the case here, a single bud can be that big on its own. Especially if the flower has really big calyxes. Which may be what is going on on the left. I’ve only ran into huge calyxes maybe 3 times in close to 10 years of growing. Talking the size of a pea. Those were big buds, but they also weren’t super dense nugs, so the air part worked out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Just depends. Mainly depends on how it’s bucked down (buds cut from branch) by the grower. Some like to leave huge ones intact for the look.

Me personally, I’ll take a few pics of big run togethers like that, but cut them down to a normal size. My reason for this is to help prevent mold while in storage. I would hate to hate to get 4 weeks into cure (or worse, 6+ months into storage) and have it get mold from being too dense and not enough air to get around it. 

On rare occasions, and may be the case here, a single bud can be that big on its own. Especially if the flower has really big calyxes. Which may be what is going on on the left. I’ve only ran into huge calyxes maybe 3 times in close to 10 years of growing. Talking the size of a pea. Those were big buds, but they also weren’t super dense nugs, so the air part worked out. 

Thanks. Didn't think about mold. The other oz. was in a ziploc and this was vacuum sealed. Maybe this fella is more into the trade than the other. 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, thunderlounge said:

Really? Could you do me a favor if true?

I’m curious as to the brand of jars they are using for display. If you could find out, I’d be most grateful. 

Hit airfield up yesterday. I asked about the jars but the guy didn't know, I even had him go ask a manager and still nothing. Sorry. 

I did pick up these to enjoy. 

IMG_3066.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

Has anyone tried the Delta 8 stuff yet?  Friend was telling me about it, basically Delta 9 is the normal thc strain used and the one that is illegal in Texas.  So someone figured out we can extract delta 8 thc and it’s legal.  Just picked some up at the vape shop to try out.  

34 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Has anyone tried the Delta 8 stuff yet?  Friend was telling me about it, basically Delta 9 is the normal thc strain used and the one that is illegal in Texas.  So someone figured out we can extract delta 8 thc and it’s legal.  Just picked some up at the vape shop to try out.  

Go back one page in this thread.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, Hook1997 said:

How was it?

I’ve done the Delta 8. It can be “interesting” and surely make you feel better than nothing...but always wanting more and trying to chase it for me.

This Nor Cal variety blew my shit up today. Been a while since something packed a punch this good.

e26c850cef6f6889e918941aa91544a9.jpg
b74e93b3cd55d0e5efbcff5c01fdd2e2.jpg
0662384ac56cd523c98723ca19a8a96f.jpg

Today is Snacks's 50th.  Snacks was planning on not doing the thing because Snacks has a new gig that keeps him busy af during the day, and Snacks needs to get some shit done this evening... But Snacks poured a Whitmeyer's single barrel rye and started reading this thread on page 1 again... Snacks is gonna go ahead with the D8, because that's what Snacks has.  

May the Fourth Be With You.  Hi.

• Hook 'Em 3

Had a nice roll of Frosted Apricots (In-House Genetics) earlier tonight. Going for one of (pre ‘98) Bubba Kush (bred by Katsu) in a bit for a night cap. 

Definitely two great strains, and from outstanding breeders. Being able to grow what you want, when you want, is such a game changer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Had a nice roll of Frosted Apricots (In-House Genetics) earlier tonight. Going for one of (pre ‘98) Bubba Kush (bred by Katsu) in a bit for a night cap. 

Definitely two great strains, and from outstanding breeders. Being able to grow what you want, when you want, is such a game changer. 

Its like sitting at the kids table over here.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

You are getting the cream of the crop like a fine wine, while we're over here trying to purchase pruno.

Ok, that makes sense. I read that and was confused for a minute. 

You probably don’t want me to list what all is in my headstash then. 😄

• Hook 'Em 2

Do you always use the pax with flower or switch it up? I have the same Pax 2 and am still experimenting with vaped bud vs. a regular bowl. 

Do you you guys that vape bud see a big difference feeling wise?  Besides the obvious smell and inhale difference. Seems like the vape doesn't make me quite as lazy as bud in a regular bowl, but that very well might be psychological  

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Do you always use the pax with flower or switch it up? I have the same Pax 2 and am still experimenting with vaped bud vs. a regular bowl. 

Do you you guys that vape bud see a big difference feeling wise?  Besides the obvious smell and inhale difference. Seems like the vape doesn't make me quite as lazy as bud in a regular bowl, but that very well might be psychological  

So I mostly use the pax for flower unless I'm looking for a heavier and quicker high, then I go for a spoon pipe. My wife is asthmatic so the pax is a great tool for her to get high without the particles that could trigger her condition. I notice a softer high on pax and a high that slowly builds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Cookies here in OKC has some amazing GMO flower right now. I want to say it was 32%. I picked up an 1/8 yesterday and it damn near killed me last night. It is pure fire. Going back tomorrow to pick up another one. 

Happy for you but fuck fuck fuck i cannot believe OK is so far ahead of TX when it comes to weed. Gfd. 

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Happy for you but fuck fuck fuck i cannot believe OK is so far ahead of TX when it comes to weed. Gfd. 

At this point I’ll take Oklahoma to be ahead of Texas in anything. Normally as a state we suck balls. 

There's one of those silly CBD coffee places around the corner from my house.  Wife and I go there occasionally - the coffee's actually pretty good.  

Anyway, last week when we got coffee there, we got legitimately high as hell.  Nothing like the other times we've had their coffee, and nothing like CBD I've taken in the past in other forms (which doesn't really do a whole hell of a lot).  This time the coffee gave me the whole experience - the full-blown everyone-can-tell-I'm-high paranoia, the inability to keep up with TV but all the jokes are clever as hell, full couch lock, and I ate about 5,000 calories.  Lasted a long time, too.  It was just exactly like I had an edible - a strong one. 

I've been back twice since then and nothing - just like prior CBD experiences.

Was the barista just in a good mood?  How could that happen?