High

nivek3

We harvested this plant yesterday, with one more to go today before the rains start back up.  This is the end of the outdoor season here except for the most mold-resistant plants.  Recreational has been a lot more fun to grow than medical.  No spotter choppers or visits from deputies any longer since every household can have 4 plants.

IMG_1234 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1231 - Copy.JPG

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 3

3 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

We harvested this plant yesterday, with one more to go today before the rains start back up.  This is the end of the outdoor season here except for the most mold-resistant plants.  Recreational has been a lot more fun to grow than medical.  No spotter choppers or visits from deputies any longer since every household can have 4 plants.

IMG_1234 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1231 - Copy.JPG

i…. need to be friends with you….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

IMG_1234 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1231 - Copy.JPG

Nice looking haul. How are you finding the landscape outdoors with unwanted pollination?

That’s my biggest fear with rec growing popping up everywhere. Idiots let males bust, then boom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

i…. need to be friends with you….

That's actually where most of this goes.  We can possess 8oz dried flowers per household in Oregon.  A 4 plant outdoor grow that produces only 8 ounces could only be described as an unmitigated disaster.  So I have friends over for harvest.  A disabled Vietnam vet, an Iraq vet & his wife are the harvest crew.  After it's all split up & spread to family, etc., everyone's in compliance.  The weather can turn in a heartbeat in the PNW this time of year, but you want to run your crop as long as possible.  Having a crew of volunteers to help on a moment's notice is great, and it saves me the work.  Everyone wins.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Nice looking haul. How are you finding the landscape outdoors with unwanted pollination?

That’s my biggest fear with rec growing popping up everywhere. Idiots let males bust, then boom. 

Thanks. It's never happened to me, but I live in a remote mountain area.  Most everyone who can grow does, but the culture around here where people have been growing outdoors since the 70s pretty much dictates that if you're planning to pollinate anything, you'd better do it in safe fashion and very early in flower.  There are some idiots no doubt.

I've heard of one case of active sabotage.  Someone blasted a big legal rec grow with pollen using leaf blowers, or so I heard.  At least they can make concentrates.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, OregonHorn said:

Thanks. It's never happened to me, but I live in a remote mountain area.  Most everyone who can grow does, but the culture around here where people have been growing outdoors since the 70s pretty much dictates that if you're planning to pollinate anything, you'd better do it in safe fashion and very early in flower.  There are some idiots no doubt.

I've heard of one case of active sabotage.  Someone blasted a big legal rec grow with pollen using leaf blowers, or so I heard.  At least they can make concentrates.

Interesting. At least you should have a better time with it then. 

I’m mostly indoors. Ran one auto outside that’s finishing up now. Kind of a trial run. Getting a little late, but I’ll get her there. 

Next year I’m planning to do two rounds of autos outdoors. Nothing huge, maybe two plants at a time. Keeps me from blowing my plant count, and shouldn’t be too bad for the neighbors.

I took a legal edible about four hours before the game last Saturday.    It was not a good experience and I was tripping horribly.  Ragerts.  Never been more relieved then I was when I finally snapped out of it. 
Username checks out.

Not sure if it's a myth, but I'm told smelling or chewing on peppercorn can help get things back on track
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Username checks out.

Not sure if it's a myth, but I'm told smelling or chewing on peppercorn can help get things back on track

It was 3 hours of hell.  Lucky I was with a good group of guys who made sure I was alright but definitely a bad trip and ruined the fair for me.  Really hard to define but I felt paranoid and detached from reality.  

14 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Username checks out.

I can assure you that it in fact does work. A bunch of guys went on a backpack elk hunting trip in Colorado. I brought back a bunch of great flower from where we were hunting. I just happen to ask the bud tender what to do if I ever got too high and this is exactly what she recommended. Fast forward a week or two and I get home and take a couple bings rips and I am stoned, I mean stoned. I was getting pretty deep in the paranoia and remembered what she said. Went in the pantry and grabbed some of my wife’s peppercorn and threw it down the hatch with some water. And no bullshit, 10 minutes later I was back to the ground floor. I’ve recommended it to a couple people here and it’s worked out well for everyone I know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I took a legal edible about four hours before the game last Saturday.    It was not a good experience and I was tripping horribly.  Ragerts.  Never been more relieved then I was when I finally snapped out of it. 

Do you know what you took? I have never had anything like that happen. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

It might just be a me thing?  Though I think the environment wasn't very helpful.  May have been that Delta 8 that Buzzmentioned.

It's definitely not just a you thing.  I have a friend who told me he's done every drug known to man, and the most uncomfortable he's ever been was after ingesting too much cannabis.  He said he spent 2 days in a fetal position on a bathroom floor.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Interesting. At least you should have a better time with it then. 

I’m mostly indoors. Ran one auto outside that’s finishing up now. Kind of a trial run. Getting a little late, but I’ll get her there. 

Next year I’m planning to do two rounds of autos outdoors. Nothing huge, maybe two plants at a time. Keeps me from blowing my plant count, and shouldn’t be too bad for the neighbors.

What's your experience like with the autos?  I've only run auto affie, many years ago.  It was great for producing an early harvest, but that blasted plant would flower with even an hour of darkness a day, and took months to re-veg if the power went out for half a day.  The other disadvantage is that it took a big investment of time and electricity to get the plant large enough to produce a good yield - the benefits you get for free with outdoor veg and early stretch from a conventional strain.

I've had cops tell me that it's a violation of the law to "double crop" by using light dep or autos.  They're obviously full of shit, but they claimed that plant count was an annual sum, not a snapshot in time.

31 minutes ago, OregonHorn said:

What's your experience like with the autos?  I've only run auto affie, many years ago.  It was great for producing an early harvest, but that blasted plant would flower with even an hour of darkness a day, and took months to re-veg if the power went out for half a day.  The other disadvantage is that it took a big investment of time and electricity to get the plant large enough to produce a good yield - the benefits you get for free with outdoor veg and early stretch from a conventional strain.

I love autos. I'm kind of like the auto-whisperer, and have put in a lot of time with them from a growing perspective.

Indoors is where you really get your autos big, but there is a lot that goes into that. A lot of people are scared off from them, feeling you have to be so delicate and shit with them.

Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. (Shit breeders aside, of course.)

Today's quality genetics of autos from good breeders are really pretty good. Most stay short enough to just let grow, but there's the first loss of harvest weight.

I treat my auto's just like my photos. Top, train, defol, and on. They take it and take it well. They're still going to be shorter (short to medium height), topping/training keeping them lower of course.

Here are some of my basic chores and processes, from the start. I'll note if there is a variation between photo/auto:

1) Scarify seed, drop in water to crack for a tail. (Shot glass in a seedling dome, temp controlled and set to 78*.)

2) Once tail shows up, move to rapid rooter for sprout, inside same dome as above.

3) Once sprouted, straight to final pot before tap root exceeds rooter.

4) Top plant above node 3, remove node 1 (leaving nodes 2 & 3) (For autos, must top by end of week 3, else LST.)

5) During veg, keep excess fan leaves and nodes thinned out weekly (For autos, I defol every other day and take less at one time.)

6) Defol after stretch (also clean up bottom/lowers again)

7) Defol mid flower (almost a full schwaz, but I leave the bottom canopy of fans since nothing below them)

That's pretty much the gist of it. With autos, you can delay their internal flip to flower a little bit through very frequent defoliation. It won't delay forever, but it will delay it up to several weeks depending on defol frequency. With the defol, the plant thinks it's getting munched on, and needs to make more leaves.

Kind of big picture, but effectively the plant builds up flowering hormone levels until they overtake the veg hormones and it flips to flower. (Not exactly the real sciencey explanation, but you get the idea.) With early, frequent defol, it builds veg hormones, delaying its natural overtaking from the flower hormones a bit.

This extra veg times allows for the plant to get bigger than it would have on its own, and the end result is a bigger harvest. It takes some practice, but it does work really well.

I will say that the process kind of goes against the grain and point of autos, which is faster finishing times than photos, and not being as easily interrupted in flowering.

Power consumption is a thing, but it doesn't have to be. I start my autos under 18/6 (which is plenty if you have good lights), after stretch I drop it to 16/8. Mid flower I started dropping it to 12/12. Photos get enough light under 12/12, autos do too. (Check into the DLI, or Daily Light Integral, for more. Summary: Plants can only take in so much light in one day, then they sleep on their own, light present or not.)

I haven't seen a drop in harvest from doing this, and saves over 18/6 all the way through. This is with quality lighting though, and knowing your ppfd and lighting output is crucial.)

For outdoor I'll run autos. I still top and train them a bit, but not near as much as indoor. Don't really need to do that, but I'm more comfortable breaking that apical dominance and moving away from the obvious christmas tree shape that is easily recognized in combination with the fan leaves. A bush is a little less obvious without a long look.

Overall while I like playing with autos, that's pretty much all it is. Nothing more than curiosity and novelty of it. By the time you dick with them and delay the veg a couple weeks or so you are really running a similar timeline to a photo anyway. So unless there is a killer strain that isn't available in a photo (like something from primarily auto breeders such as mephisto, night owl, rocbud, etc) then most times the photo is the better option if you plan to delay flower at all.

31 minutes ago, OregonHorn said:

I've had cops tell me that it's a violation of the law to "double crop" by using light dep or autos.  They're obviously full of shit, but they claimed that plant count was an annual sum, not a snapshot in time.

Annual sum. That's just fucking rich. Prove I've grown more this year. Ha! They can't.

Those bastards don't know shit. One good thing I can say is that our laws are written really well. In terms of cultivation, it is specific enough where it needs to be, but vague enough that if something is questionable it isn't going to be in violation. It specifically spells out that at any given time you can have no more than 6 plants in flower, 6 in veg, and 6 "others" like seedlings/clones/mothers. If you take on a few people as their caregiver, you get the same allowance per person. So if I convinced two buddies to get their med cards and list me as their caregiver, I could have 18 each instead of just 6.

I will say that they pretty much keep out of it here. They don't care if you end up a plant or two heavy, and know that it's not hard to end up with plants finishing up and some flipping to flower. So some overlap isn't a thing.

There also isn't anything that says you can only grow in the place you specified on your app. They want to know you have it locked up and reasonably inaccessible, but nothing says you can't have some stuff locked up in the backyard and others indoors.

I'm more concerned with nosy neighbors and then having to give officials (or the cops) a tour of what I have going on. Either that or some dumbfuck kid breaking into the backyard and stealing a half-flowered plant.

• 2 weeks later...

So they closed the Delta 8 loophole but a lawsuit is pending, just when I found a brand that was actually really good.  I think most the Delta 8 bad stories are people that haven’t used any thc in a while or before then they eat way too much for them, exact same story with legal Colorado gummies. Or it’s people that use a lot of thc and to them it’s nothing.   Only issue I’ve had is brands that suck and you feel nothing.  

Edited by Hook1997

15 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So they closed the Delta 8 loophole but a lawsuit is pending, just when I found a brand that was actually really good.  I think most the Delta 8 bad stories are people that haven’t used any thc in a while or before then they eat way too much for them, exact same story with legal Colorado gummies. Or it’s people that use a lot of thc and to them it’s nothing.   Only issue I’ve had is brands that suck and you feel nothing.  

Which brand did you like. 3chi was the best I tried and still meh.  

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RMac5 said:

@Droopy can you fire it up just like that in the pax, no grinding it?

Yes! Smoke it for 5 mins, then stir it a little, then finish it. Save the bud to make gummies later. It goes with me everywhere. 

7 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I really need to get a pax.

Yes, you do. It’s a different smoke and high than burning, but it gives you such a smooth high. Finished my plate of leftovers a couple hours ago and just smoked before bed. So high and chill. Happy Thanksgiving, Turkeys!

ps- I forgot to mention, it’s great for family gatherings. Quick 3 mins outside, then I’m ready to deal with all the family bullshit and hoopla. Nobody knows but me and my breath mint. 

Edited by Droopy
Reasons
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...