High

nivek3

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Remember, Monday is the first day of early voting to vote for the Austin pot proposition.  Prop A, Prop A, finally, been waiting 45 years!

seems like it's just codifying what is already policy both with CoA and TravCo. I think they need to remove the "small amount" language, though. there are literally lawyers in Austin selling weed out in the open telling law enforcement to effectively come and take it. it's nice to finally have something official, but it will be obsolete the second it is signed into law

https://www.atxbudtenders.com/

• Hook 'Em 1

Jeffrey Belmonte feasted on meatballs, Caesar salad and bread with herb dip at his wife’s cousin’s wedding in Longwood, Fla. — and then felt strange, tingly and fidgety. His sister-in-law also became dizzy and found herself on her hands and knees, vomiting up her dinner.

Miranda Cady, who knew the bride through friends, ate the bread and olive oil, too. She later felt like her heart was going to stop. She went to her car and was so terrified she would die there, she sent herself a text so people would know what had happened to her.

Those were the accounts Danya and Andrew Svoboda’s wedding guests told deputies after the February reception. Their feelings of being stoned were later confirmed when they tested positive for marijuana. Investigators estimated about 50 people attended the wedding reception. None of the guests interviewed said they knew there would be marijuana in the food.

Now, Danya Svoboda and the wedding caterer, Joycelyn Bryant, have been charged with food tampering and the delivery of marijuana, both felonies, as well as negligence, a misdemeanor.

Attempts to reach Svoboda and Bryant were unsuccessful early Thursday. No attorney is listed for either woman in court documents.

As marijuana has become legal in many parts of the country, stories of dangerous incidents in which unsuspecting people, often children, consume pot-infused food have become common. In March, three toddlers in Stafford County, Va., were hospitalized after apparently eating marijuana-laced goldfish crackers at their day care, WRIC reported. This month, 14 elementary students in New Mexico were medically evaluated after eating THC gummies one of the students brought in, the Albuquerque Journal reported.

Artisanal marijuana crab cakes: Is this the future of getting high?

All of the accounts in court documents detailing the Svobodas’ wedding reception came from adults who had various levels of experience with the drug. In Florida, medical marijuana is legal, but recreational use remains prohibited.

Douglas Postma, the groom’s uncle, told deputies he hadn’t used marijuana for many years until he ate the wedding food, according to an arrest affidavit. It had felt different before, he said. This time, his heart started racing, and he started having “crazy thoughts,” the affidavit states.

Postma texted his nephew to ask what was happening. Andrew Svoboda replied that he didn’t know and would look into it — a statement he would echo to other guests, according to the affidavit. Postma’s wife, Nancy, later went to an emergency room and became paranoid, loud and unruly, believing that one of her family members had died, she later told deputies, according to the affidavit.

Earlier, while still at the reception, Nancy Postma and Jennifer Belmonte, her daughter, went into the kitchen, looking for water and explaining they were feeling unwell. According to the affidavit, one of the staff members told them, “Well, there’s cannabis in the food.”

Cady told deputies she remembered seeing Bryant, the caterer, putting food out. She recalled seeing Bryant pull out a “green substance” from a bowl and place it into small dishes that were then filled with olive oil, the affidavit states. With the mixture of pepper, it didn’t taste like marijuana, she said, and the green substance in the dishes may well have been “Italian herbs,” she told deputies.

But after she ate the bread and olive oil dip, she felt stoned.

Cady then asked Bryant whether there was marijuana in the food. Bryant “giggled and shook her head yes,” the affidavit states.

Going out to the dance floor, Cady found the bride and asked whether she had put cannabis in the olive oil, she told deputies. According to the affidavit, Danya Svoboda said “yes,” smiling and acting as though she had given Cady a “gift.”

Rachel Penn, a neighbor of the newlyweds, told deputies that after she ate the olive oil, she felt “weird” and “buzzed.” Around 9 p.m., she said, the band stopped playing, and the reception ended. Seminole County Fire Rescue eventually showed up, as did sheriff’s deputies.

Sitting in a hospital, Penn texted the bride and asked what she had consumed at the wedding. Svoboda, according to the affidavit, texted back: “Uggg, we have no idea, let us know if you need help with anything.”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

guess I'll ask: what are we looking at?

A “no-till” living soil bed. 

I’ve ran hydro/hydro-lite for a long time. Now focusing on a switch over to soil. 

Readers Digest synopsis: I’m in progress of moving from using grow tents to grow rooms, and from hydro to soil. 

Basically the au naturalé hippy way of farming.

I already do similar to this outside with the garden, so not a big or learning curve.

The pic above is of one of the rooms. I’m just building out the other one, which will have a 4x4 bed and 6 planting zones.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/21/2022 at 3:04 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seems like it's just codifying what is already policy both with CoA and TravCo. I think they need to remove the "small amount" language, though. there are literally lawyers in Austin selling weed out in the open telling law enforcement to effectively come and take it. it's nice to finally have something official, but it will be obsolete the second it is signed into law

https://www.atxbudtenders.com/

Can you explain this ATX Bud Tenders?  Can I just call them and order?  Would love something this easy, but it feels weird in Texas.  Have you used them?

Also - to whichever poster originally posted about the Hometown Hero D9 gummies.  Bravo.  Good stuff.  My local Lazydaze carries them and they don’t mark up.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Less than a week, and the cover crop is going ape shit…

8DF7ED5A-9932-44D0-82A0-9EA0659BF174.thumb.jpeg.61c27998d5d1f82c382276ff5f9cac44.jpeg

I had to switch humidity domes for a bit. The cover crop was getting tall/thick enough to start shading the good seedlings. Crazy stuff. But the cover crop and worms seem to love it already. I will trim it back a little bit now and then. Similar to keeping a lawn cut to encourage growth, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On Saturday, Austin voters decided to pass Proposition A, stopping arrests for low-level marijuana offenses and banning the use of no-knock warrants by police.

God dammit, I've got the side of the brain that want's to know actually to the gram what the limit is.  What the fuck does "low-level" mean?  Why create a gray area when it could have easily been black and white?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

God dammit, I've got the side of the brain that want's to know actually to the gram what the limit is.  What the fuck does "low-level" mean?  Why create a gray area when it could have easily been black and white?

Because if you do that, you can't hold brown people to a higher standard. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

A "yes" vote supported amending the city's code to add a new section to prohibit Austin police from issuing any citations or making any arrests for misdemeanor marijuana possession offenses and to prohibit the use of no-knock warrants.

Class B misdemeanor 0-2 ounces 

Class A 2-4 

It’s a state jail felony for 4oz to 5lbs. Keep it under a qp

• Hook 'Em 1

262AC35A-4488-482A-B1E1-B56A04F57A5A.thumb.jpeg.b8f8392abab9c0d2237e145ca31fc038.jpeg

So just took this strain from drying to curing a week ago. Of couse I had to know where she started at so I can see how much she changes and matures as she cures. 

From the small sample I kept out in a jar (the main bulk is in 1/4lb Grove bags), she’s already an ass kicker, and I fully expect her to put dicks in dirt. It’s a fantastic fucking buzz, and the scent/flavor description is pretty spot on and getting closer already. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The fuck is “TCHa”?

ohhhhhh, did you mean THC-a?

As in the form that most cannabis contains? Add some heat and it’s THC…

Business as usual. There is nothing special (nor loop holes) about it. Why do think you have to decarb to make edibles? Gotta activate that -a (turns to consumable THC) so you can ingest it.

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

The fuck is “TCHa”?

ohhhhhh, did you mean THC-a?

As in the form that most cannabis contains? Add some heat and it’s THC…

Business as usual. There is nothing special (nor loop holes) about it. Why do think you have to decarb to make edibles? Gotta activate that -a (turns to consumable THC) so you can ingest it.

Yes -a, loophole in theory to buy THC in non legal states. Most likely illegal by the time it arrives but certainly illegal over time and when combusted. Quite a few hemp companies selling high THC-a strands based on early tests but these will be harder to find. Here is an example.. 

https://wnc-cbd.com/collections/frontpage/products/bordeaux-indoor-1

Life is hard in non-legal states lol

On 5/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Yes -a, loophole in theory to buy THC in non legal states. Most likely illegal by the time it arrives but certainly illegal over time and when combusted. Quite a few hemp companies selling high THC-a strands based on early tests but these will be harder to find. Here is an example.. 

https://wnc-cbd.com/collections/frontpage/products/bordeaux-indoor-1

Life is hard in non-legal states lol

"Legal" (probably not) Bordeaux from Flow Gardens 10% THC and 12% CBD. They still have some up for $35 for an 1/8.

16533506386985607388113594609863.thumb.jpg.be8e6e90d6aed7f4b9093566fb369439.jpg

I’ve grown a couple 1:1~2:1 strains, with thc in the 15-20% range. Depending on the rest of the cannabinoids the buzz can be anything from feeling like your joints just got s fresh coat of oil, to being wrapped up in a soft, velvety blanket. 

Those types have definitely become a staple strain for runs. One of those things you wonder how you survived this long without type of deals.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I’ve grown a couple 1:1~2:1 strains, with thc in the 15-20% range. Depending on the rest of the cannabinoids the buzz can be anything from feeling like your joints just got s fresh coat of oil, to being wrapped up in a soft, velvety blanket. 

Those types have definitely become a staple strain for runs. One of those things you wonder how you survived this long without type of deals.

I'm excited to try it out tonight. I'm a lightweight with 5mg of edibles being enough to get me spaced as hell.

The one I have on hand at the moment is called Cream & Cheese. It’s a 1:1, rated for about 20%. (So that’s about 20% each of thc and cbd, plus the other cannabinoids, and makes for some ridiculously sticky shit.)

Still has about 4 more weeks to cure, but it’s already spot on. Second time I’ve grown this one, and it’s pretty much identical to the first, as well as the two that friends have ran. Not bad for seed stock.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guess this is as good a spot as any to ask a dumb question.  Let me preface it by stating that I have very, very little experience with pot.  While attending UT, I think I hit a joint once in 5 years.  

Fast forward to this past Thanksgiving.  Visiting friends in TN and I'm offered a d-9.  Took it and giggled like a little girl for 3 hours but slept EXTREMELY well.  Upon returning to TX, I decide to start buying my own.  I've been taking a 1/2 (occasionally a whole) every night for almost 6 months now.  Sleep has been great. 

Here's the problem and subsequent question.  In a month, we're going on a family vacation - New Orleans, Disney, Florida coast.  Am I in any danger if I have the bottle in my car, driving through the south?  Before I'm told to not be a paranoid pussy, one needs to understand that, as a teacher, an arrest could cause me to lose my job.  (Probably not for this, but I don't want to risk it.)  Would I be risking too much by taking the bottle with me?