Wake Forest Assistant Coach Dunks Drunks Head on Curb

BrazilHorn

13 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wake-forest-assistant-charged-deadly-new-york-city-attack-tourist-225423988.html

WF Assistant coach punches drunk guy who mistakenly banged on his car window thinking he was his Uber driver.

Drunk guy falls, hits head on curb and dies a couple of days later.

After reading I do not agree with your cliff notes. The drunk who was causing a mess and punched a neighbor deserved to have his ass beat. Sadly he dies. 

Terrible luck for the coach.

20 minutes ago, Goodman said:

After reading I do not agree with your cliff notes. The drunk who was causing a mess and punched a neighbor deserved to have his ass beat. Sadly he dies. 

Terrible luck for the coach.

Fair. New information came to light as to inebriated state of uber requestor. 

Regardless leaving car and punching someone then fleeing scene and failing to render aid is not a good look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fair. New information came to light as to inebriated state of uber requestor. 

Regardless leaving car and punching someone then fleeing scene and failing to render aid is not a good look. 

cause when you kick someone's ass who was asking for it, you want to make sure to stay behind to render aid?

don't start no shit, won't be no shit.  drunk fuckhead caused the situation.  sucks that he died.  it's not like the coach was looking to punch someone.  fuckhead created the situation.  the coach responded.

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

cause when you kick someone's ass who was asking for it, you want to make sure to stay behind to render aid?

don't start no shit, won't be no shit.  drunk fuckhead caused the situation.  sucks that he died.  it's not like the coach was looking to punch someone.  fuckhead created the situation.  the coach responded.

If you hear someone's melon hit a concrete curb and then they are lying lifeless or not moving, you might want to check and see if they are still breathing yes.

I agree that the drunk guy was acting the fool, not sure how people that were in a car were in that much jeopardy from him however. News reports say the drunk guy knocked on the other guy's window, nothing is saying he attacked the car/tried to force his way in etc

The coach got out, followed the other dude to the sidewalk and then hit him hard enough to slam him into curb basically causing him to be brain dead. Not sure how much "shit" the tourist really started that would warrant that response.

I'm fascinated by this case.  When it first came out, it made the deceased out to be some innocent victim simply looking for his uber in a reasonable and harmless way.  Since, it's leaked out he was wasted.  He was aggressively banging on multiple car windows.  He punched another person.  Paints a very different picture.  Did the coach see the previous punch thrown?  Was he scared for his safety?  Were there words exchanged?  I'm going to guess his intent was not to kill the drunk, but how belligerent were either?  Extraordinary set of circumstances.

no matter what, its going to result in the coach resigning, going to trial, and even if acquitted (which if the facts as now reported are correct, I would vote for as a juror), never being able to get another normal job ever again.

I, like Patrick B above saw the initial news reports a couple of days ago that portrayed the dead guy was just an innocent tourist in town for a wedding who got punched for no reason because he mis-identified the car that his uber driver was in.

Now it comes out the guy was hella drunk, belligerent, pounding on car windows, and throwing punches.    Yeah, totally innocent my ass.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

should have called the cops.  Vigilante violence when not acting in self defense is not always a great idea.  Now this guy has committed manslaughter for defending some imaginary honor instead of calling the police.

Same situation in Florida, don't put your hands on someone - don't get shot.  Don't put your hands on someone - won't kill someone

• 8 months later...

yeah, that video looks really bad for the coach. 

still, alcohol culture in America fascinates me. Alcohol is a drug that can be every bit as powerful and dangerous as any illicit street drug, and yet drinking alcohol even to excess is so ingrained in us a normal occurrence that when many/most people see a drunk, stumbling dude out in the streets acting like that and they don't really think much of it, or they certainly excuse it and write it off as fairly normal if not somewhat uncouth  behavior, and not something that needs to be focused on as a mitigating factor in the guy's death. which is strange, because if every single other detail were the same but he were under the influence of an illicit substance then that entire angle would be perceived completely differently by many people. it's just crazy to me how we glorify alcohol while demonizing other, often safer illicit substances.

Part of me can't believe that stopping your car in the middle of the street and getting out and running down someone and punching them shouldn'r be more than misdemeanor assault, but the other part of me is OK with people killing marketing executives.  

Edited by Beau Vine

On 5/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, Beau Vine said:

Part of me can't believe that stopping your car in the middle of the street and getting out and running down someone and punching them shouldn'r be more than misdemeanor assault, but the other part of me is OK with people killing marketing executives.  

very funny lol GIF