Fantasy Football Keeper/Draft Questions

MoJames

12 team ppr 3 keeper league, may keep a player up to 3 years (first year no penalty, second year 1 round penalty, third year 2 round penalty). I'm already planning on keeping Freeman and Kamara, but bouncing around on the third. RBs are tough to come by in the draft. 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE and a Flex RB/WR

Position Player Round
RB Freeman 5 (-2)
RB Kamara 11
WR Corey Davis 8
WR Chris Hogan 10
TE Evan Engram 11
RB Jamaal Williams 11 (obtained in FA)
RB Kenyan Drake 13

8 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Get to keep one:

Zeke as a 2nd Rounder

Hopkins as a 4th

Wentz as a 16th. 

Leaning Hopkins, but i could be talked into all three.

To me, Hopkins is a lock, not a lean. Zeke and Hopkins are both top 10ish picks, so may as well preserve your first three live picks. Wentz is great if you are thinking you can ride him his whole career in your league, but that's risky with a QB.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, MoJames said:
On 8/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, GRHorn said:
I disagree.  Don't really believe in Drake.  Engram should be top 5 TE. 

I'm torn with this, especially in a ppr league. But if I am wrong with drake in a league already spread thin on RBs, I'd be kicking myself.

Engram is going 2 rounds later on average and costs you an earlier pick.  I don't think it's close.

If you don't like Drake much (and I don't) he still has more value, trade him to somebody that emerges from the draft with a bad RB situation.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:46 PM, spystud13 said:

#2 pick in a 12-team, .5 PPR league... You kids tell me who’s going 1 & 2 so I know who to blame if it fails. 

Half point PPR pretty efficiently balances RB and WR value, it makes starting rosters matter. How many of each position do you play?

I’d have Gurley, Bell, Brown top 3 but if you play 3WR Brown scoots up. 3WR with no flex and you could make an argument for AB at #1.

I'm not going Antonio brown there.  Honestly. Four years as #1 has to end sometime.  So I lean towards this year with juju being a growing force on offense and bell being there the full year.  He's the safe pick obviously, but I would rather have a rb there. 

• Like 1

I have pick 9 in a 10 team PPR league. Routinely I have seen Hopkins, OBJ, Julio, and even Kamara fall to me in Mock drafts. With the 9th pick, if Hopkins isn't available, I have been drafting Melvin Gordon. with the 12 pick, I get a little more lost. I have seen OBJ very often fall to me at 12. Do I take OBJ here or take Hunt/Cook/Fournette over OBJ and secure 2 RBs? Or balance out the team with a good WR and RB? 

3 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I have pick 9 in a 10 team PPR league. Routinely I have seen Hopkins, OBJ, Julio, and even Kamara fall to me in Mock drafts. With the 9th pick, if Hopkins isn't available, I have been drafting Melvin Gordon. with the 12 pick, I get a little more lost. I have seen OBJ very often fall to me at 12. Do I take OBJ here or take Hunt/Cook/Fournette over OBJ and secure 2 RBs? Or balance out the team with a good WR and RB? 

With full point PPR, if RBs and AB are all that’s gone, and I’d be looking at Hopkins or Julio with one of those picks.

I pick 9th in ours and am strongly considering DHop.

The Texans line and BoB's idiocy give me pause.

If Watson and Hopkins are allowed to get their game on, the sky's the limit.

14 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I have the #1 pick in a full-point PPR. I was offered pick #9 & #12 for the #1...and I keep my #20 & #21. No brainer right??

Basically trade Gurley/Bell for ODB/Hopkins and Hunt/Cook/Fournette...

I do that deal 100% of the time, regardless of starting positions or scoring.

On that high second round pick, around 12-13, anyone else buying Christian McCaffrey?  I see projections of up to 80 receptions and my eyes light up.

Too early at that point, because he's not lasting to late Rd 3.

1 hour ago, VolenteHawk said:

I do that deal 100% of the time, regardless of starting positions or scoring.

Well, now he wants my 11th rounder. So swap 1st and I get his 2nd for my 11th. I’m pushing for my 12th, but will still likely take the deal if I haven’t scared them off 

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

On that high second round pick, around 12-13, anyone else buying Christian McCaffrey?  I see projections of up to 80 receptions and my eyes light up.

Too early at that point, because he's not lasting to late Rd 3.

Shit, in a PPR, I’d be tempted to take McCaffery from pick 9 on.  I like him better than Fournette and Cook. 

11 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Shit, in a PPR, I’d be tempted to take McCaffery from pick 9 on.  I like him better than Fournette and Cook. 

I have done 5 mock drafts today.  i picked from the 9th position in each of them and it's pretty much DHop or Odell at Pick 9 and McCaffrey ain't making it to my 2nd rd pick at 16.

This bullshit is why we moved our draft to the Tue after Labor Day about 5-6 years ago.  You think after final cuts and the last game everything is done.

Hell no.  There's plenty more shenanigans before Thursday night's kickoff...

Yeah that TE play is a great dichotomy to be played out over this season.  Both guys kinda got new situations evern thought they are still on the same teams.  I have won with Reed in the past, but his injuries will drive you mad.

Rudolph seems like he has a little more upside this season...

I’d say n Week 1 they are damned near a draw, either way.

On 9/3/2018 at 5:53 PM, spystud13 said:

I'm nervous as fuck about Bell. 

so i have the #1 pick in a non-ppr draft today.  i had made the decision it would be bell for me, weeks ago.  now i don't feel like i can pull that trigger.

so - the obvious pick should be to take gurley.  but am i overthinking this here by thinking, when was the last time a guy finished a season as the clear #1 (gurley here), went in to the next season as the clear #1 or at worst #2 (gurley here), and actually finished that season as #1 or #2?   emmitt smith?  ladanian tomlinson?  and therefore odds are, it likely wont happen with gurley this year either (especially considering he was a complete bist 2 years ago) and maybe i should buck the conventional wisdom and take d. johnson, kamara, maybe even fournette?  or go with the initial gut instinct and take bell  and hope he gets to top form quickly like he did last year?  or just stop play it safe and take gurley

what would you all do in this spot and why

You're overthinking it.  It doesn't really matter if Gurley will finish 1 or 2, because that's not what you're drafting on.  If you take somebody else, you're saying you think that guy will finish with a better season than Gurley.  It's certainly possible (even probable) that somebody will, but you're rolling the dice that you can pick that somebody.

• Like 2