The Golden Triangle Thread of Dominance

tx 3 putt

I've been meaning to get this going again for sometime. I'm still working the Chem Plants and Refineries in the Golden Triangle. I honestly love working this area, great group of people to deal with.

Pretty much eat at the following places - Pduexe's Beaumont, Hill Country Grill, Saltgrass Port Arthur, The Schooner, Tony's BBQ Port Arthur, Old Orange Cafe (best lunch in the Golden Triangle), J Wilson's now and then, Novrozsky's, Tuscany in Port Arthur and of course Rancho Grande (i can walk there from the hampton inn).

Back in May I'm headed to Pduexe's in Beaumont. Pass 'Gator Country' and in the parking lot --- 8 buses from Port Arthur ISD. Cracked me up !

On 8/12/2018 at 9:30 PM, tx 3 putt said:

I've been meaning to get this going again for sometime. I'm still working the Chem Plants and Refineries in the Golden Triangle. I honestly love working this area, great group of people to deal with.

Pretty much eat at the following places - Pduexe's Beaumont, Hill Country Grill, Saltgrass Port Arthur, The Schooner, Tony's BBQ Port Arthur, Old Orange Cafe (best lunch in the Golden Triangle), J Wilson's now and then, Novrozsky's, Tuscany in Port Arthur and of course Rancho Grande (i can walk there from the hampton inn).

Back in May I'm headed to Pduexe's in Beaumont. Pass 'Gator Country' and in the parking lot --- 8 buses from Port Arthur ISD. Cracked me up !

+1 on Beaumont P'deaux. The grilled halibut is fantastic

On 8/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

putt...surprised you haven't hit  The Wheelhouse yet. 

Count me as surprised by this and that they are even still open......I haven't been in the area for a while now, but the one time I went for lunch and got the poboy, I ate one bite and then just ate the fries.

It looked like Van de Kamp popcorn shrimp were microwaved and tossed on some bread.

Good for them if they are cranking out solid food now.  I hope all places like that succeed.....Just wouldn't have bet on them.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:07 PM, Bojack said:

Lately, I've gotten back to liking Al-T's in Winnie whenever I'm back in SE Texas.  They have a great selection of sides for one thing.  Pretty cool when you get fried mushrooms as a side with your seafood platter.  

I believe I heard where the owner of the Stingaree down on Bolivar bought Al T’s somewhat recently.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, Reagan1k said:

Count me as surprised by this and that they are even still open......I haven't been in the area for a while now, but the one time I went for lunch and got the poboy, I ate one bite and then just ate the fries.

It looked like Van de Kamp popcorn shrimp were microwaved and tossed on some bread.

Good for them if they are cranking out solid food now.  I hope all places like that succeed.....Just wouldn't have bet on them.

I've been twice and this was my feeling as well.  But having grown up as an Indian, I can confirm the milf action is still top notch.

Suga's in downtown Beaumont is decent, but pricey, and its been a few years.

I like Al-T's but the last time we ate there we ordered a dozen raw oysters.  They had gone bad and you could smell the stink from them as soon as the waitress got near the table.  She said she thought they smelled funny, just wanted to know if we did

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m still going strong in this area. 

Any new suggestions for lunch / dinner would be great.

In general, Texans are a friendly bunch and I’ve worked all over this state, but damn if this area isn’t just full of some the nicest people you’ll ever meet.

I’m still going strong in this area. 

Any new suggestions for lunch / dinner would be great.

In general, Texans are a friendly bunch and I’ve worked all over this state, but damn if this area isn’t just full of some the nicest people you’ll ever meet.

PM me, let's grab lunch one day. They are reopening the wood fired grill by the way.

25 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Has anybody mentioned the Rocking A Cafe on 69?  Chicken fried steak and fried catfish is always good there.  

that place is always packed at lunch, most my lunches are tied up with clients and that place is too far for them

27 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Neches Brewing Company has some great beers. It's the highlight of going down there to visit the in-laws.

frequently pass that place on way to the wheelhouse, have never stopped

rancho grande by the hampton inn is my goto drinking spot / place to watch the baseball game 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

7 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

used to eat that stuff by the gallon…with saltines.  

recipe please!

This is a close knock off that I have made:

1 cup Mayo, 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon minced onion, 1 teaspoon grated Romano cheese, salt pepper to taste.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

@austingirl isnt Austin girl a png grad ? Was she an Indianette ?

Excuse you, sir, I was in band and spent half my time trying to not get hit by the Indianettes' flags while marching.

I keep seeing people go "did no administrator see this dance before they went to Disney??" and the answer is yes, of course they did. First off, PNG has been doing that dance and that song for generations, despite MANY calls from Native tribes to stop. Second, they've done this routine at Disney multiple times over several years (7-8 times, I think), so it's a little disingenuous for Disney to act like they had no idea what was going on. I also know for a fact that they wouldn't let the Indianette officers wear their headdresses, so again, they at least knew that the mascot is the Indians.

Anyway, what a lot people outside of TX don't get is how insular that community is, and how very Friday Night Lights it is when it comes to football. Generations of people have born and died there with no one even moving out of the county, and on top of that, the Native songs, dances, traditions, etc that they've appropriated are heavily intertwined with the football team. And the fact that they try to justify it by saying they are honoring Native Americans (which I think most of them genuinely do) in no way mitigates the fact that it's still racist as hell.

I hope that one day the staunch defenders of "Indians" as a mascot can realize that they can still have school pride and community pride without being tied to that mascot. I proudly wore that shit and sang that song when I was there, but now I'm grown and see that things need to change. When you know better, do better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Oh, and the district has deleted their social media accounts since the story went viral, while several of the girls in the video have gotten threats on social media. Cowards. I keep thinking about those poor kids being left holding the bag. I can guarantee you that 99% of them genuinely had no idea that so many people would find their routine offensive. They're raised hearing "Indian pride!" and "Bleed purple!" We moved from Port Arthur when I was going into 6th grade and I thought they were all brainwashed, but by the end I was one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was wondering why all my friends back home were so mad at Disney. I mean there has been some real drunken venom the past 24 hrs or so. Funny thing is almost all of them are TJ grads who managed to move alllllll the way to Port Neches as adults. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Hook 'Em 2

graduated from there myself...played football, baseball and ran track....wore wampum beads at pep rallys, the whole bit.  i was 10 feet deep in it.  my sis was an Indianette officer.

could see this one coming from many miles away.  

it's time for a change, but i guarantee those coonasses aren't going to do it.  

they'd rather it shut the whole fucker down than take another path.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

they'd rather it shut the whole fucker down than take another path.

I am PNG spawn, but I fortunately escaped to Austin at a young age.  Other family members were not so fortunate. 

It is a step back in time when I go there for funerals.  On the positive side, we almost always go to The Schooner so as to get the very best of that cool retro vibe!

• Hook 'Em 1