The "Post a Picture You Took" thread

Patricio Swayze

Awesome Doug.  I need to get out and do some more nature photography.

So for those that use Flickr, how do y'all feel about SmugMug acquiring them?  I think their terms of use will take over in late May.  I guess I will find out then if I want to stay or go.  Go where, not sure.  I really liked Flickr.

A few shots...

40920598674_2cd4d5b356_b.jpg

41591284772_97a3577942_b.jpg

26763080677_b932962c31_b.jpg

41631059341_1f98a44627_b.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Flickr account but never used it. I used to use Printroom many years ago. They didn't charge you for photo space to sell prints. They just took their cut in the print sales. I never sell enough prints to justify a monthly fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Love that little mushroom, PatrickSwayze.

I got a new camera, a Canon 5d Mark IV, and a 50mm F 1.2 Canon lens.  Last night walked around Austin's east side for about an hour and tested its low-light capabilities.  I am pretty pleased.  All of these were taken with available light, handheld. 

Texas State Cemetery:

i-pcg9kT6.jpg

Tattoo Parlor

i-5gmWDSL.jpg

Liberty Bar

i-hRshJt6.jpg

Waiting on a Metro:

i-FHshzjw.jpg

i-whH5DbV.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Heading to NM, AZ and UT tonight. Going to get some cliche shots (like horseshoe bend) and hopefully some other interesting shots. Trying to do shiprock sunrise tomorrow.

I mean, I guess you'll get some good shots out there, if you're lucky. Maybe one....

fucker...

Hell yes. Where you going in those places?

Ship Rock, canyon de chelly, monument valley, horseshoe bend, secret canyon (antelope was booked), the narrows in Zion.

I mean, I guess you'll get some good shots out there, if you're lucky. Maybe one....

fucker...

I am sure a lot of my photos will looks like thousands of others from the area, but they will be mine.

57 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Ship Rock, canyon de chelly, monument valley, horseshoe bend, secret canyon (antelope was booked), the narrows in Zion.

I am sure a lot of my photos will looks like thousands of others from the area, but they will be mine.

Yeah, I’m not jealous...

nope, not at all...

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Like 1

I am still sorting through photos, but I think I have edited most of the ones I think are keepers. The trip was amazing and really the only thing we didn’t get to do from my original plan was the north rim of the Grand Canyon at sunrise…just couldn’t fit it in. What made the trip even more special was that it was with my Pops. Some of the shots have been done a billion times, but still special to me because it was with him. Not going to post all my shots and bog down the thread, but here are some of my favorites:

Ship Rock at sunrise

27417560707_aa65d81f14_b.jpg

Collared Lizard in Valley de Chelly

27417576177_773ced5ce6_b.jpg

The Narrows (Zion National Park)

42271560621_373efe200a_b.jpg

Monument Valley

40484992180_171382c666_b.jpg

Secret Canyon (Similar to the phone shot I posted)

42270387761_cdd200d127_b.jpg

Horseshoe Bend

27419540337_ab71458d3f_b.jpg

Spider Rock, Valley de Chelly

40483158510_3bfa356045_b.jpg

Managed to squeeze in a shoot with one of the best graffiti writers

42240672102_7a224a34c0_b.jpg

• Like 6