The "Post a Picture You Took" thread

Patricio Swayze

On 7/21/2021 at 3:23 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Got the scans back for the first roll I have shot with the Pentax 6x7.  Portra 400.  I can see that the yellowing of the lens does add a slight tint to the image, and when the light is not the best, it feels a little underexposed.  So I will de-yellow the lenses as soon as my UV bulb arrives.  Here are a few shots (I corrected the color somewhat in PS).

spacer.png

made me go take a look at Ebay...

You can't beat this.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, nycHorn said:

I know a lot of people interested in getting their hands on the rumored R3, myself included. Between that and the new 16” MBP in the fall, my credit card could be sizzling.

what would you be using the R3 for? rumors says its 24MP

what would you be using the R3 for? rumors says its 24MP

I shoot with the 1DX MK2 now and this would be the move over to mirror less with similar specs/capability.
I think they’ve said that the R3 isn’t the flagship mirrorless though, kinda like the EOS3 and EOS1, the last film cameras they made. But the dual grip and specs sure seem on par with the 1DX.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:03 AM, El Diablo said:

I've been in the new house a couple of months now and have yet to see a mocking bird. Hell, I don't think I've even seen a grackle. Lots of sparrows/finches, , cardinals and dove. It's something at least. Morning dove.

DSC_0516_00001.thumb.jpg.d93a5dbd2f981670f9e95429118c55e5.jpg

That's a white-winged dove.

Get a little bird bath or just put out some kind of shallow water thing, especially if it drips or runs. You'll get birds quicker.

• Hook 'Em 1

I used to be able to photograph hummingbrids in the yard pretty routinely. Something is different now. They are really skiddish if I'm out with the camera. If I'm just sitting still without a camera they will sometimes zoom in and sample a flower 3 feet from my head. I just haven't been able to get a shot worth a crap lately.

9 hours ago, DougO said:

That's a white-winged dove.

Get a little bird bath or just put out some kind of shallow water thing, especially if it drips or runs. You'll get birds quicker.

Yeah, it's a white wing, I was making a little play on words there. I tried a sort of bird bath but they just didn't seem interested in it. I made a square bowl of sorts out of bricks on top of this beastly smoker I have in the yard. Lined it with a trash bag so it held water. I'd refill it daily but never saw any action. No water source out there so no way to make it drip.

DSC_8171_00001.thumb.jpg.9ce3ad92c109e5e22a588d572185a63f.jpg

I plan to have some hummingbird feeders and/or flowers to attract them. Not sure just when but it's definitely something I want to do.

Anyone have any luck with shots of the Perseid meteor shower this week?   I went out last night, go set up to take some pics and then realized that there wasn't a SD card in my camera.   I was already an hour from home and just said screw it, sat down in my camp chair and enjoyed the show.  

Just got a roll of Ilford Delta 100 developed that I shot with the Pentax 6x7.  First off, I shot it at 400 accidentally, so it had to be pushed 2 stops.  I need to go back and look at my notes, but I feel like I relied more on the TTL meter than the meter app on my phone. Four or five of the shots were underexposed.  I was able to fix one of them in post, but I really don't like doing that for film.  I might see if the others are salvageable.  But here are the ones that worked...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

This morning I watched a kite chasing a red-tailed hawk. It would buzz by it making that sweet little whistle call they have and the hawk would do a barrel roll to evade. Must have a nest somewhere nearby. Then Mrs. Red-tailed hawk, or whichever, joined the party and the kite kinda backed off a bit, but still played tough little guy, circling from a wider distance.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh damn. Is it fenced off? Is there a date for demo?

It's already about 3/4 done. Basically a 4 story pile of rubble with 2 sides down and 2 still full height I think. Going in a bit and hoping to catch a good angle with the setting sun. It's up on a hill so unless it clouds over it should have good light. 

ETA - I'm just taking my 50mm, if I get there and figure something else would work better I can always go back ,for a little while longer anyway.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

Eh, it was disappointing. Got there probably 15 minutes too late for good light and my mind's eye had lied to me about the condition of the building. It's pretty much just a pile of rubble. Still plan on going back, I think maybe with a telephoto and some time, there might be a good detail shot to be had. 

DSC_8177_00001.thumb.jpg.3d7eb433507e7449a12d741fe37f0037.jpg

Edited by El Diablo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

It feel like its been forever since I have taken a photo or gone on a photography road trip since I got this new job.  Hoping to change that in a few weeks to head to the border to get some more photos for a project I am working on.  Really grateful for this job, but damn, I miss the freedom I had to shoot all the time.

• Like 2