Joel Osteen is a fraud meta thread

BurntOrange&White

On 12/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I am Jack’s utter lack of surprise stumbling into a thread and finding @Johnny Sack mischaracterizing blacks while trying to convince himself the rules don’t favor the rich whites but actually the blacks!

Why does a guy born from generational wealth, replete with private aviation, massive hunting leases, second homes in Palm Springs and who knows what else feel compelled to demonize black people every chance he gets?

I’ll take, “because he’s an asshole douchebag for $100 Alex?”

On 12/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, Doc Reeves said:

State religion implies a Devine right to rule. No bueno.

Nah.  No state church in German states and divine rule.  The divine rule long preceded the Church of England.  They may have been closely intertwined at say the time of the Holy Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire, but not in the last 500 years or so.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, workswithseed said:

The church I go to would be considered conservative, and they do work with the homeless and a orphanage in Oklahoma. Are you saying they're not on the "good side" if they're conservative, or that if they do charity that they are on the "good side"?

I'm not saying either one.

Churches of all stripes, save a few, do good works.

I think certain very un-Christian policies and practices could and should be condemned or questioned more vigorously without delving directly into politics.  Only the churches at the poles of liberality and conservatism seem to be willing to speak up.

44 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nah.  No state church in German states and divine rule.  The divine rule long preceded the Church of England.  They may have been closely intertwined at say the time of the Holy Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire, but not in the last 500 years or so.

Also, ruling by divine right is/was extremely common in Asia, where there are no churches in the western sense.

They don't have to open their books.  Every other charity does.  That is, indisputably, granting special tax treatment to organized religion.  
And we don't have separation of church and state in this country?  That phrase and concept came from Thomas Jefferson and it's been dealt with in multiple Supreme Court cases.  This country was founded by a mix of people: Deist, Christian, atheist, and others.  The one thing they all agreed on was that they were founding a secular nation.  Of course we have separation of church and state in this country.  
Look, if you don't see that the federal government giving special tax treatment to religious organizations under different rules than those that apply to every other charity is a problem, then there's no point in this discussion going any further.  So I'll bow out.  
I have only belonged to one church, but that church did report its financials...to its members on a monthly basis. And they had a monthly business meeting to discuss funds. It was a small church, and they did a lot of ministries to the poor and the elderly.

And depending on the structure and how the non profit was organized, I would guess there was some sort of info reporting done to govt as well.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Pancho said:

He’s been trending on Twitter all day and I finally found out why: he bought a $325,000 car

is it purchased by the church or somehow written off as business expense against his publishing work?

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

He’s been trending on Twitter all day and I finally found out why: he bought a $325,000 car

Has this been verified?  Seems the tweet has a picture of Osteen and then 2 pictures of possibly 2 similar  super-expensive sports cars in 2 different locations.  In one of the pics the car had Euro plates.  

I did a little interwebz research and found a bunch of “allegedly”, “rumored to”, and “reportedly” regarding the fancy car    

No Osteen or prosperity gospel fan here.   Nor am I a fan of drive- by Twitter twats.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Hi, just driving by to say a big FU to Joel, Bennie, Jim, and most of the other telefraudulists. How everyone sitting in their churches can’t realize they are giant suckers is amazing to me. 

Because they arent very smart in the first place. The rubes are always gonna get fleeced, its just  matter of who gets into their pockets first. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Has this been verified?  Seems the tweet has a picture of Osteen and then 2 pictures of possibly 2 similar  super-expensive sports cars in 2 different locations.  In one of the pics the car had Euro plates.  

I did a little interwebz research and found a bunch of “allegedly”, “rumored to”, and “reportedly” regarding the fancy car    

No Osteen or prosperity gospel fan here.   Nor am I a fan of drive- by Twitter twats.   

pwned.  somebody ban the moderator from this site.

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Hi, just driving by to say a big FU to Joel, Bennie, Jim, and most of the other telefraudulists. How everyone sitting in their churches can’t realize they are giant suckers is amazing to me. 

What about Paula?  I like me some Paula.

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

b626f2742b42917967f4c8a245cc1fd7.gif

more interesting to me than the fact that joel apparently likes ferraris is that lakewood church (among a shitload of other churches) received ppp loans.  but not only did they receive one, they received one for $4.4 million.

that is the third largest loan for any entity in houston.  wow.

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/lakewood-church-6464998109

more than 50 churches in texas received at least $1 million in ppp loans last summer.

damn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sidis said:

more interesting to me than the fact that joel apparently likes ferraris is that lakewood church (among a shitload of other churches) received ppp loans.  but not only did they receive one, they received one for $4.4 million.

that is the third largest loan for any entity in houston.  wow.

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/lakewood-church-6464998109

more than 50 churches in texas received at least $1 million in ppp loans last summer.

damn.

especially funny since they never paid taxes to begin with. religion is a a great idea until people get involved.

fuck this greedy, charlatan motherfucker. but the saying applies, who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fools who follow him?

there are people who will defend this fucker and his ilk. life must suck pretty bad if you are not only following this dude's word's of inspiration for salvation but are defending him.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

Fucking LULZ.

He has a $10M mansion, a private jet, and net worth estimated to be $100M, but hey, let's doubt that he has a Ferrari.

Head meet sand.

https://aerocorner.com/blog/american-pastors-with-private-jets/

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

I am not a religious man, but I firmly believe there is an extra special level of Hell for these "preachers".

God and salvation. Easiest get rich scheme ever invented. People are fucking stupid and will pay and support anyone who can make them feel better about themselves.

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fucking LULZ.

He has a $10M mansion, a private jet, and net worth estimated to be $100M, but hey, let's doubt that he has a Ferrari.

Head meet sand.

It is a pretty good gig, no?

My head isn't in the sand.  I know he has all of the other things.  I've seen his house as we have worked on one across the street from it.

Again, I'm no fan of Osteen or his prosperity gospel.  There is nothing wrong with questioning tweets from the twats that tweet.  Osteen's wealth is not well regarded; however, flat out making up stuff about him in the form of click bait tweets (if that is what is really going on here) is not acceptable either.  If he does have an expensive (and stupid) go fast car then he must feel it is justified.  That's for him to answer to when asked.

Do you disagree?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, deadshank said:

It is a pretty good gig, no?

My head isn't in the sand.  I know he has all of the other things.  I've seen his house as we have worked on one across the street from it.

Again, I'm no fan of Osteen or his prosperity gospel.  There is nothing wrong with questioning tweets from the twats that tweet.  Osteen's wealth is not well regarded; however, flat out making up stuff about him in the form of click bait tweets (if that is what is really going on here) is not acceptable either.  If he does have an expensive (and stupid) go fast car then he must feel it is justified.  That's for him to answer to when asked.

Do you disagree?

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What do you mean by justified?

Agreed. The charlatan motherfucker doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of him. In fact, he knows everyone is well aware of his perverted wealth bastardizing the Bible for his own greed. The fact that idiots still blindly follow him assures him that he can never do any wrong. Desperate shitheads will still give him money so that he can amass more wealth. 

If he were truly a man of God, then he'd use most all of that money to help the poor, you know, those same people who Jesus dearly loved and made many comments and speeches about.

Justify never entered this prick's mind.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fucking LULZ.

Head meet sand.

Yeah, whether or not this douchebag poser bought a $325,000 car doesn't change the fact that Joel Osteen, and the prosperity gospel he stands for, are absolute frauds and one of the reasons why people distrust organized religion.  Fuck this guy.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

Y’all laugh but it’s true. It’s better than blah blah traffic blah blah boss…blah blah blah Covid…blah. just try it. They will be curious and that’s when you strike. (Who knows what they are thinking? Is my husband taking me to Paris? On our salary?) does it matter no.

3 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

sci-fi GIF

Yep! Sell the lifestyle! Who cares that his wife is a spray tanned wig wearing asshole. Project the opposite. Wow. Just realized that Point Break is 30 years old. Joel is one creeeeeeeepy dude. You know his beard is banging their pool person.

6 hours ago, deadshank said:

Thought I had heard something about him buying it 6 months ago or so.

37 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The easiest way to get women into your cult/ or should I say guys who just want to get laid…two words

“And so”

it works. Just start with how your day went…pause and say “and so…” it’s sexy. 

so how does this work? 

yada yada yada, and so........wannna fuck? 

or does that last bit not need to be said?

are you expecting a dude to complete that thought or is the expectation for her to complete that sentence?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The easiest way to get women into your cult/ or should I say guys who just want to get laid…two words

“And so”

it works. Just start with how your day went…pause and say “and so…” it’s sexy. 

So I'm at work and my boss told me something...... And so.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Fucking LULZ.

Head meet sand.

That's just not any private jet Osteen has either - it's a fricking Airbus, seats over 100 idiots.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so how does this work? 

yada yada yada, and so........wannna fuck? 

or does that last bit not need to be said?

are you expecting a dude to complete that thought or is the expectation for her to complete that sentence?

“I have had a hell of a day. A real bad day. This is the cherry on top of shit days that I have had. And so…”

if they aren’t curious I feel like you might be in a room alone.

they will always be curious. Trust in the path I have set forth.

wow that’s fucker’s house?

1B4F9E5C-DB4F-4CB2-94CD-E6993676D2F2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

“I have had a hell of a day. A real bad day. This is the cherry on top of shit days that I have had. And so…”

if they aren’t curious I feel like you might be in a room alone.

they will always be curious. Trust in the path I have set forth.

wow that’s fucker’s house?

1B4F9E5C-DB4F-4CB2-94CD-E6993676D2F2.jpeg

God giveth for all those lives saved.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

That's just not any private jet Osteen has either - it's a fricking Airbus, seats over 100 idiots.

The ones that get seats on that plane aren't idiots.  They may be willing accomplices, but they are not idiots.

The idiots are packed in the pews.

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2