Thieves Steal $98K Worth of Ramen Noodles

Huckleberry

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ramen-noodle-heist-in-georgia

FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga. - Fayette County deputies are investigating a string of thefts that included five car break-ins, one stolen motorcycle, and one high-dollar heist of Ramen Noodles.

Nearly $100,000 worth of Ramen Noodles was sitting in a large trailer parked at a Chevron store on Georgia Highway 85 north.

Deputies said the 53-foot trailer carrying the noodle freight was stolen between July 25 and August 1.

The sheriff said the trailer was secured at the time.

Graphical representation:

37537735_10215787891077619_6282987883565

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I had a roommate in grad school who ate those things dry.  He'd open the flavoring and dump it straight into his mouth.  

While sober, BTW.

Back in the fraternity days during college, the pledges had to come over to do interviews with each member.

When they came to my house, they got to eat 'Pledge Soup'

Pledge Soup consisted of uncooked Ramen noodles, with a broth base of orange juice, mixed with clumps of mayonnaise and the flavor packets.

They got to slurp it down with microwaved Big Red.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I had a roommate in grad school who ate those things dry.  He'd open the flavoring and dump it straight into his mouth.  

While sober, BTW.

Thats actually something the local Hawaiians did when I lived there.  I had never heard of doing that, but the local kids would snack on those like they were candy

22 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Back in the fraternity days during college, the pledges had to come over to do interviews with each member.

When they came to my house, they got to eat 'Pledge Soup'

Pledge Soup consisted of uncooked Ramen noodles, with a broth base of orange juice, mixed with clumps of mayonnaise and the flavor packets.

They got to slurp it down with microwaved Big Red.  

I fucking like this guy. I would do shots of curdled milk and rum. The rum made the milk curdle even worse. Our toilet and yard got a lot of play. Told them if they vomit anywhere but the yard or toilet then it’s 3 more. 

Fuck pledges. 

Edited by Jhawk

19 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I fucking like this guy. I would do shots of curdled milk and rum. The rum made the milk curdle even worse. Our toilet and yard got a lot of play. Told them if they vomit anywhere but the yard or toilet then it’s 3 more. 

Fuck pledges. 

The funniest things some of my buddies did:

Baby Pledge

Baby Pledge had to bring over a 12 pack of O'Douls and a pack of Depends.  Each Pledge Had to go change into their depends, and put on a bonnet.  They then had to drink the O'Douls until they pissed themselves.  

Grass/Speed Racer Pledge

Speed Racer Pledge and Grass Pledge both had to all out sprint from building to building on campus.  If they weren't sprinting, that was their ass. However, Grass Pledge could only run on grass and through flower beds.  Watching dudes try to long jump across 15 foot sidewalks in the middle of the day is pretty damn hilarious.

Chicken Pledge

Chicken Pledge had to dress up in a chicken costume and go to Church's, Popeyes, or Bush's and raise a racket inside the store.  They also had to bring eggs in with them and 'hatch' the eggs while there.  Chicken Pledge had to die early after 2 of them nearly went to jail.

Overloaded Tray Pledge

This poor sap had to go through the cafeteria line and get something from every shithole station in the cafeteria, then 'trip' and bellyflop onto his overloaded tray right near the sorority tables.   

• Haha 1

Hell week consisted of a big pot of chili every day.  Had a buddy grab 4 pledges and to drive him to wendy's.  He offered to pay.  They all ordered and when he stepped up he cancelled their orders, got them a large chili to share and got himself his food.  4 pledges went hungry that night because once the kitchen was closed the only thing available to eat was baby food.

Fuck pledges

23 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha. That graphic was a joke by me but the board formatting screwed it up to make it look like part of the article. Original is from here:

https://rgessford.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/what-is-a-trillion/

The graphic was gold and got an audible guffaw out of me.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

There should be a separate pledging nonsense thread, but I'm sure it would rapidly devolve into a predictable independent vs. Greek shitshow. 

well, friends don't make other friends do and eat stupid shit as a pre-requesite for being friends.  in non-greek lingo, that's called being an asshole prick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Sorry to derail thread.  I still get jacked up about living in a house with my best buds.  

Don't apologize - start a different thread in Lulz. I would start it myself but I have enough work to do right now that I wouldn't have time to add my own stories right now, which would make for a pretty shitty start to the thread... 

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The funniest things some of my buddies did:

Baby Pledge

Baby Pledge had to bring over a 12 pack of O'Douls and a pack of Depends.  Each Pledge Had to go change into their depends, and put on a bonnet.  They then had to drink the O'Douls until they pissed themselves.  

Grass/Speed Racer Pledge

Speed Racer Pledge and Grass Pledge both had to all out sprint from building to building on campus.  If they weren't sprinting, that was their ass. However, Grass Pledge could only run on grass and through flower beds.  Watching dudes try to long jump across 15 foot sidewalks in the middle of the day is pretty damn hilarious.

Chicken Pledge

Chicken Pledge had to dress up in a chicken costume and go to Church's, Popeyes, or Bush's and raise a racket inside the store.  They also had to bring eggs in with them and 'hatch' the eggs while there.  Chicken Pledge had to die early after 2 of them nearly went to jail.

Overloaded Tray Pledge

This poor sap had to go through the cafeteria line and get something from every shithole station in the cafeteria, then 'trip' and bellyflop onto his overloaded tray right near the sorority tables.   

You BYX boys had all the fun....

giphy.gif

• Like 2