Classics?

Jebus

Is there a way to somehow archive or transfer the classics forum from shaggy over to here?  It would be a shame to lose all of that history.

I tried to PM Derka about it but this software gave me some bullshit about there only being one message allowed or something. 

I'm running a mirror script on the old site in case this doesn't happen. If no one transfers it over, I can make it available on Github or something later for anyone to download and check out. If you download it and then run `python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000` and then in your browser go to `http://localhost:8000` it'll be just like you're on the Shag. But the mirror isn't done yet, and if it doesn't finish before the server goes down, then it's not happening.

But yeah, my second thought after seeing blacklab's post about this shitshow (first was "time to scrub my shit off the site") was that the hilarious dick comics and classics need to be preserved.

Edited by triplelonghorn
derka
  • Like 1

oh but

`wget --mirror --page-requisites --adjust-extension --no-parent --convert-links -l4 http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/forumdisplay.php/19-Classics`

would probably do what you need, I'm guessing, but it'll download extra stuff too

the -l4 part tells it don't follow more than four jumps/links away from the initial URL and it downloads all the images and javascript necessary for the pages