are there any anti-vaxxers here?

Gil Bang

I am not. While I heavily lean towards being pro civil liberties, I draw the line with anything that leads to the spread of contagions such as refusing vaccines, antibiotic misuse, Zepol's sex life, etc...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

None here, they’re all on fb liking each other’s posts while the rest of the world points and laughs. Of all the “movements” this one has to be the most regarded and potentially dangerous.

Most potential for danger, yes.

Most regarded... flat earthers say hi.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, there are some  on here, just like Gary Johnson voters. You just know it.   Even though they were vaccinated themselves as kids.  

Being a Gary Johnson voter and/or Libertarian has fuckall to do with being an anti-vaxxer. While I'm confident there is overlap, Libertarians don't have a problem trusting science or scientists especially when it comes to the health of our children. I voted for Gary Johnson and hold strong Libertarian values but don't align perfectly with that party or its platform on all things. This is a false equivalency and a salacious accusation of Libertarianism at best.

My daughter has received every single recommended shot that her pediatrician had for us because it is in her best interest.

Edited by HOOK'EMHOOAH
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Being a Gary Johnson voter and/or Libertarian has fuckall to do with being an anti-vaxxer. While I'm confident there is overlap, Libertarians don't have a problem trusting science or scientists especially when it comes to the health of our children. I voted for Gary Johnson and hold strong Libertarian values but don't align perfectly with that party or its platform on all things. This is a false equivalency and a salacious accusation of Libertarianism at best.

I thought his post was tongue-in-cheek.   The posters who say over and over they voted for GJ when it's quite obvious they voted for Trump based on how they defend him = the anti-vaxxers who would never admit it but may just show up "asking questions" and "debating the science." 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

My daughter has received every single recommended shot that her pediatrician had for us because it is in her best interest.

I think the issue most of us have with Libertarians is not actual Libertarians but the Trumpanzees that hide behind a facade of Libertarianism and yet post memes from The_Donald and Voat (maninblack) or the horde of "undecideds" that call themselves Libertarian but in fact are just morons. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I think the issue most of us have with Libertarians is not actual Libertarians but the Trumpanzees that hide behind a facade of Libertarianism and yet post memes from The_Donald and Voat (maninblack) or the horde of "undecideds" that call themselves Libertarian but in fact are just morons. 

That's fair. I don't want people hiding from their pisspoor decision by trying to claim they are something they are not. If someone made a shitty decision, they need to own the mistake and learn from it. Otherwise they will keep making the same shitty mistakes as nauseam into the future and it will fuck with everyone's future if it's on this scale.

My kids are fully vaccinated but we did delay a couple of them, such as Hep B. There's no way a newborn in my family is at risk for Hep B so we just waited a little longer on those.

They also didn't get the chicken pox vaccine. Wasn't available for the oldest and the other two just got chicken pox the old-fashioned way. Doubt that qualifies me as an anti-vaxxer for this discussion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not anti vaxx, but I think we give them a shit load of meds in a very short period of time.

I wonder how all that affects them when they become a martini glass for all that stuff all at once.

with regards to vaccines, we give them less today than we did 20-30 years ago. They may get vaccines for more diseases all at once, but the actual particles in those vaccines are much less than in the old vaccines.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

But I might SAY I am....if it helps talk Jenny McCarthy into hooking up with me.

Jenny-McCarthy-shows-off-hot-pink-hair-o

I am a man of facts, logic, and principles.

But I'm also a man.

And she has a man-face.  Of course I would, but just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

My kids are fully vaccinated but we did delay a couple of them, such as Hep B. There's no way a newborn in my family is at risk for Hep B so we just waited a little longer on those.

They also didn't get the chicken pox vaccine. Wasn't available for the oldest and the other two just got chicken pox the old-fashioned way. Doubt that qualifies me as an anti-vaxxer for this discussion.

You are a fucking monster. Keep your hepatitis riddled children away from me. 

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not anti vaxx, but I think we give them a shit load of meds in a very short period of time.

I wonder how all that affects them when they become a martini glass for all that stuff all at once.

Never would have guessed it would be you... wait, yes I would.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Nope.....

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

I thought his post was tongue-in-cheek.   The posters who say over and over they voted for GJ when it's quite obvious they voted for Trump based on how they defend him = the anti-vaxxers who would never admit it but may just show up "asking questions" and "debating the science." 

Yep......

Yeah, Trump was a huge anti-vaxxer celebrity. It was funny/sad to see an anti-vaxxer acquaintance get her hopes up that once Trump was in office the CDC would be held to task for this epidemic they have inflicted on the world.

Trump support is no longer mentioned in her posts.

48 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I am truly sorry your child is on the spectrum and applaud you for working hard to provide him with a good life.

Your wife is wrong but it isn't a battle worth fighting unless you have another kid and she refuses to have it done. In that case, I'd have to fight. 

We have a 7 month old.  And no you wouldn’t fight it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Some things are more important than personal relationships but we can agree to disagree.

I’m thinking maybe you’re not married. I would say that the bond between you and your wife that are raising 4 kids together is about the most important non religious thing in your life. Definitely more important than making sure your kids get however many shots in the first few years. 

22 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

He said they are delayed schedule. Not no vax

We start vaccinating at 3.  Basically after the point that my son’s issues started.  Then catch up. Again not what I would choose but hey. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m thinking maybe you’re not married. I would say that the bond between you and your wife that are raising 4 kids together is about the most important non religious thing in your life. Definitely more important than making sure your kids get however many shots in the first few years

We start vaccinating at 3.  Basically after the point that my son’s issues started.  Then catch up. Again not what I would choose but hey. 

I understand, the point is it's not just about your kids.

35 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

He said they are delayed schedule. Not no vax

Right, that's why I said if. It's a hypothetical. Here, I'll google it for you:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothetical

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypothetical

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hypothetical

• Fuck You 1