Jewish lesbian professor of comparative literature and 3rd-wave feminism sexually harasses gay male student

52-80

1 hour ago, Player said:

rs-141361-c4a119bc11a797b50c76e049fd72365d18a059e4.jpg?crop=900:600&width=440

Bye bi love?

12 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

So you have a feminist who identifies as lesbian, who is attracted to a man and likes to kiss him and sleep naked and presumably have sex, and this guy who did all these things but now who identifies as gay. Mind blown.

Substitution, mass confusion, clouds inside your head!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I was reading this thread and a co-worker friend arrived for dinner. I was laughing and he asked what was so funny.. 

I tried to explain both the situation and this thread. 

'i don't understand' was his response.

I further explained, "That is the correct response.".

Well did you mansplain it to him?

22 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

He was cool. Didn't take his classes, but in the hall of the Classics building he corrected me for using "best" when comparing two things. It was awesome, kinda like getting rifle cleaning tips yelled at you from R. Lee Ermey.

Back in HS a friend of mine and me got busted in Rice Village smoking cigs -- by none other than Dr Red Duke. He didn't say anything to us about the smokes -- he just looked at the pair of us like we were a stray dog shitting on his yard, nodded a terse hello, and kept on about his business. No, we didn't drop our cigs and never smoke again, but it did ruin the buzz of that particular Marlboro Lite. 

it bugs me that i have no idea if i took classes from prof morgan or not.  i was trying to find a picture of him but it doesn't appear the internets contains that information.  i did take some roman history stuff but i just don't remember.  i assume my transcript says. 

Edited by elfenix

31 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it bugs me that i have no idea if i took classes from prof morgan or not.  i was trying to find a picture of him but it doesn't appear the internets contains that information.  i did take some roman history stuff but i just don't remember.  i assume my transcript says. 

He’s a Welshman who always wore a black shirt (turtleneck?) and a brown bomber jacket. Even in summer. You would remember if you did.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, softlynow said:

He’s a Welshman who always wore a black shirt (turtleneck?) and a brown bomber jacket. Even in summer. You would remember if you did.

i took at least one (and maybe 2) history class from a guy with an accent, who always wore a black sweater, blue jeans (probably the same sweater and jeans every day), and had a 3 pack a day habit.  had a pony tail iirc.  probably him?

52 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i took at least one (and maybe 2) history class from a guy with an accent, who always wore a black sweater, blue jeans (probably the same sweater and jeans every day), and had a 3 pack a day habit.  had a pony tail iirc.  probably him?

did he wax eloquently about his love for the movie the fifth element?

did he stop everything and glare at students who dared to be tardy?

did he grade your essay tests as though they had the significance of the magna carta?

if so, that's him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

You have to give the teacher credit. She even used the “he was asking for it” argument. We have truly reached equality

SJW don't want true equality.  They just want their turn being the ass grabber rather than the grabee and I get that.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

That’s him.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 5:16 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

But... but.... but..... she's not a white heterosexual male, this can't be true......

Honestly, that seems to be the crux of her (and her supporters') argument.  

Just as there are many people out there who feel racism is just fine so long as you are a minority, they also seem to feel that sexual assault is not a problem if you're a lesbian.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Honestly, that seems to be the crux of her (and her supporters') argument.  

Just as there are many people out there who feel racism is just fine so long as you are a minority, they also seem to feel that sexual assault is not a problem if you're a lesbian.

I really hate people....... a lot

• Like 2

NEW YORK (AP) — A prominent New York University professor who is being sued by a former student who accuses her of sexual harassment said that her relationship with him was not sexual and that affectionate emails they exchanged were just "gay-coded" correspondence.

Professor Avita Ronell, a world-renowned professor of German and comparative literature, released a statement on Friday in response to a lawsuit filed against her this week by the former student and advisee, Nimrod Reitman.

In the lawsuit, Reitman said he was subjected to unwanted kissing and groping, and he said he received many messages that made him uncomfortable.

Ronell denied having any sexual contact with her former student and said their emails contained "exaggerated expressions of tenderness" because they are both gay, not because she was sexually harassing him.

She also said her messages were reciprocated. In her statement, she included several purported excerpts of their emails, in which she alleges Reitman referred to her as "beloved and special one," ''Baby" and "Sweet Beloved."

Ronell said their emails were usually related to their working relationship, though they often contained "literary allusions" and "poetic runs."

Reitman, who received a doctorate from NYU in 2015, said the professor created "a fictitious romantic relationship" and sabotaged his efforts to get a teaching position. He also is suing the university, alleging administrators failed to take action after he told a vice provost about the misconduct while still a student. He is seeking unspecified damages.

The university opened an investigation last summer shortly after Reitman made a formal complaint.

NYU's Title IX office concluded that Reitman was sexually harassed and suspended the professor for a year and stipulated that any future meetings with students be supervised. It cleared her of allegations that her actions amounted to sexual assault.

It said it did not believe that filing a lawsuit against it "would be warranted or just."

In the lawsuit, Reitman accuses the professor of demanding he address her in "over-the-top, effusive language, including that he constantly express his love for her, and his failure to do so would result in Ronell angrily reprimanding him and refusing to work with him."

Ronell said she uses the same type of flowery language in her emails with many others. She said that Reitman reciprocated this language to her while simultaneously telling others she was a "witch," ''evil" and a "monster." Ronell said the lawsuit is really about "the inability of Reitman to find a job," and not sexual.

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

NEW YORK (AP) — A prominent New York University professor who is being sued by a former student who accuses her of sexual harassment said that her relationship with him was not sexual and that affectionate emails they exchanged were just "gay-coded" correspondence.

Professor Avita Ronell, a world-renowned professor of German and comparative literature, released a statement on Friday in response to a lawsuit filed against her this week by the former student and advisee, Nimrod Reitman.

In the lawsuit, Reitman said he was subjected to unwanted kissing and groping, and he said he received many messages that made him uncomfortable.

Ronell denied having any sexual contact with her former student and said their emails contained "exaggerated expressions of tenderness" because they are both gay, not because she was sexually harassing him.

She also said her messages were reciprocated. In her statement, she included several purported excerpts of their emails, in which she alleges Reitman referred to her as "beloved and special one," ''Baby" and "Sweet Beloved."

Ronell said their emails were usually related to their working relationship, though they often contained "literary allusions" and "poetic runs."

Reitman, who received a doctorate from NYU in 2015, said the professor created "a fictitious romantic relationship" and sabotaged his efforts to get a teaching position. He also is suing the university, alleging administrators failed to take action after he told a vice provost about the misconduct while still a student. He is seeking unspecified damages.

The university opened an investigation last summer shortly after Reitman made a formal complaint.

NYU's Title IX office concluded that Reitman was sexually harassed and suspended the professor for a year and stipulated that any future meetings with students be supervised. It cleared her of allegations that her actions amounted to sexual assault.

It said it did not believe that filing a lawsuit against it "would be warranted or just."

In the lawsuit, Reitman accuses the professor of demanding he address her in "over-the-top, effusive language, including that he constantly express his love for her, and his failure to do so would result in Ronell angrily reprimanding him and refusing to work with him."

Ronell said she uses the same type of flowery language in her emails with many others. She said that Reitman reciprocated this language to her while simultaneously telling others she was a "witch," ''evil" and a "monster." Ronell said the lawsuit is really about "the inability of Reitman to find a job," and not sexual.

Good. God. Almighty.  

https://youtu.be/6Mf2u9VWAhM

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

You know who doesn't have any problems with confusion between supposedly harmless sexually-coded messages and actual sexual harassment?   People who act professionally in the workplace and don't constantly use sexual language with an employee/student.   It's really not difficult to avoid this situation. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

You know who doesn't have any problems with confusion between supposedly harmless sexually-coded messages and actual sexual harassment?   People who act professionally in the workplace and don't constantly use sexual language with an employee/student.   It's really not difficult to avoid this situation. 

You have a point, sweet baby

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I 100% agree with your fine ass 

• Like 1

So there are 50 high-status brilliant professors who signed a letter saying Dr. Ronell should get off the hook because of her brilliance and high status.

Each one of these 50 has had dozens of grad students under their care. Let's go low, and say one dozen each. So that's 600 grad students minimum who were in the same spot professionally as now-Dr. Reitman. And a few thousand other grad students who just took classes from them but saw every damn thing the 50 signers did at school and at conferences and summer sessions abroad.

Thousands of former grad students still linked by social media.

"Hey, did you see that Dr. Duckfuck in Croatian Linguistics signed that leave-her-alone letter?"

"What? The same Dr. Duckfuck who used Rita as a data-gathering slave for 5 years, didn't give her credit, and then went and fooled around with that Freshman poet kid who almost had a mental break-down?"

"ohhhhh yeah."

Over/under on how many of the 50 get called on the carpet over the next two years for their own shit-stained pasts? I'm hoping over half, but I am pessimistic on this so I'll just say 20.

Edited by RDCanecutter

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/02/07/flute-world-responds-sexual-harassment-claims-against-bradley-garner-uc-remains-silent/315061002/

Another harassment story involving NYU.

Spoiler

World-renowned flutist Bradley Garner is no longer teaching at New York University or working for Yamaha as a musician after an Enquirer investigation published Wednesday detailed allegations of sexual misconduct.

NYU spokesman Jordan Bennett said the university was "unaware of allegations" surrounding Garner until an inquiry from an Enquirer reporter. A University of Cincinnati investigation in late 2016 found nine students who said the longtime flute professor inappropriately touched them or said or texted inappropriate things. The Enquirer interviewed two more students who made similar allegations. Garner retired from UC in December 2017.

"As of today, Mr. Garner is no longer an adjunct faculty member at NYU," Bennett said Wednesday in a statement. "Providing our students with a safe space to learn is our priority, and sexual misconduct of any kind is not tolerated."

Likewise, Yamaha Corp., which employed Garner as a promotional artist, has "officially terminated its relationship, completely and fully with Bradley Garner," Tom Sumner, Yamaha senior vice president, said in a statement Thursday.

The Juilliard School also issued its first public response Thursday to the allegations against Garner, who taught in its prep program for 8- to 18-year-old students for almost three decades. 

"At this time, we are not aware of any reports of sexual misconduct involving Bradley Garner at Juilliard," Alexandra Day, a spokeswoman, told The Enquirer in a statement. "Juilliard is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all members of the school community and has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual misconduct and harassment."

Garner taught at Juilliard Pre-College until December 2016, when the school learned informally of the University of Cincinnati's Title IX investigation, Day said. Garner was immediately placed on leave and did not teach at Juilliard in the spring 2017 semester. His annual contract expired in June 2017 and was not renewed, she said. 

Meanwhile, Wildacres Flute Retreat, a Western North Carolina flute camp, is standing behind and continuing to employ Garner, despite the allegations.

Garner faced allegations of sexual harassment of students spanning two decades during a University of Cincinnati investigation in 2016. The investigators found evidence of "unwanted sexual advances and verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature," as well as a "hostile environment" in the flute studio at UC's College-Conservatory of Music.

Considering the pervasiveness of the harassment, The Enquirer continues to ask the University of Cincinnati leadership, faculty and administrators at CCM about the culture and how this could’ve gone on for so long.

Administrators at the UC, however, have remained mute. 

The Enquirer sought comments from UC President Neville Pinto; former CCM Dean Peter Landgren, who is now president of the UC Foundation; Interim CCM Dean Bruce McClung; Randy Gardner, current chair of winds and percussion department; and others in CCM.

None responded.

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

So there are 50 high-status brilliant professors who signed a letter saying Dr. Ronell should get off the hook because of her brilliance and high status.

Each one of these 50 has had dozens of grad students under their care. Let's go low, and say one dozen each. So that's 600 grad students minimum who were in the same spot professionally as now-Dr. Reitman. And a few thousand other grad students who just took classes from them but saw every damn thing the 50 signers did at school and at conferences and summer sessions abroad.

"Hey, did you see that Dr. Duckfuck in Croatian Linguistics signed that leave-her-alone letter?"

"What? The same Dr. Duckfuck who used Rita as a data-gathering slave for 5 years, didn't give her credit, and then went and fooled around with that Freshman poet kid who almost had a mental break-down?"

"ohhhhh yeah."

Over/under on how many of the 50 get called on the carpet over the next two years for their own shit-stained pasts? I'm hoping over half, but I am pessimistic on this so I'll just say 20.

#shetoo

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

One space between sentences,  my little apple bottom.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

"ohhhhh yeah."

Fuck academia 

19 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

Why the fuck is his name Nimrod

It is a very odd name to give a Jewish kid. Not quite as bad as "Adolph." Still an odd choice. Nimrod's a Hamite. Hamites are to Semites what Santa Anna is to the Texians, y'know, bestest buddies.

Enyoy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod

Edited by RDCanecutter

On 8/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah, there's that paragraph where she says "But he did it too!" and then a few paragraphs later, "Because she told him to do so or else."

Lookin' like a pretty fucking solid case here.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:43 PM, Mojo Hand said:

hahaha: "Note: An earlier version of this story published incorrectly because, seriously, putting two spaces in the headline broke the web code."

On 8/17/2018 at 7:36 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

NYU's Title IX office concluded that Reitman was sexually harassed and suspended the professor for a year and stipulated that any future meetings with students be supervised. It cleared her of allegations that her actions amounted to sexual assault

tOSU is impressed with their ability to downplay this.