celebrities being dicks

Goo Punch

Back in 2004-2005ish I was at Lavaca Street Bar and saw Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly pushing through the crowd.  I went for the hand shake and he offered his hand with all fingers folded back except for the middle one.  I shook his middle finger.  Dick.

• Like 2

Got about 25 NFL HOF's to sign a football at Michael Irvin's induction ceremony afterparty.  When I went up to get Mean Joe Green's signature, he obliged.  Then he smeared the marker from his fresh sig and ruined he and Bob Lilly's signatures beyond recognition, and thus ruined the whole ball.  It still sits in a case at my house (would never sell it anyway) but it pisses me off to no end every time I look at it.  

28 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Got about 25 NFL HOF's to sign a football at Michael Irvin's induction ceremony afterparty.  When I went up to get Mean Joe Green's signature, he obliged.  Then he smeared the marker from his fresh sig and ruined he and Bob Lilly's signatures beyond recognition, and thus ruined the whole ball.  It still sits in a case at my house (would never sell it anyway) but it pisses me off to no end every time I look at it.  

Mean Joe Green is mean.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

that sounds accidental; did he do it intentionally?

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Back in 2004-2005ish I was at Lavaca Street Bar and saw Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly pushing through the crowd.  I went for the hand shake and he offered his hand with all fingers folded back except for the middle one.  I shook his middle finger.  Dick.

Which one is Dennis?

32 minutes ago, bularry1 said:

that sounds accidental; did he do it intentionally?

He absolutely did.  He looked right at me, then swiped his finger across the signature, and handed the ball back to me.  

The ol' 'took my ball and went home' aspect of it absolutely sucked.  

It was a helluva fun night though.  Got to meet a shit ton of people.  Have individual pics with Darren Woodson, Emmitt, Jerruh and Jean, Irvin and his family, Irvin by himself, Jay Novacek, Thurman Thomas, a pic in between Russell Maryland and Jim Kelly, a pic of me and Jerruh at the bar ordering scotch, and a whole boatload of other shit.  My Sis, no pics, was Irvin's official photographer for the entire event/weekend.  I was there lugging her shit around and pointing out who she needed to take pics of.  Pretty damn cool weekend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

You're the asshole for not offering an ice cold bottle of Coca-Cola. 

• Like 3

"...Butkus was the Ray Lewis of his era, feared by everyone. Well, everyone except Greene apparently. Gary Pomerantz describes what happens in his book Their Life's Work.

Chicago linebacker Dick Butkus, blocking for punt returner Gayle Sayers, blindsided the oncoming Greenwood, knocking him unconscious near the Steelers' bench. Butkus stood over the fallen rookie like Ali stood over Liston. Onto the field stepped Greene. Eye-to-eye with Butkis, Greene threatened him and spat in his face. "Butkus was standing there with this [spit] thing hanging down his face mask," Mansfield said. Mansfield thought, This is going to be the greatest fight in the history of the NFL! But Butkus turned and walked away. Decades later, Mansfield said, "That was the beginning of the end of the Pittsburgh Steelers' problems."

So you must understand when it was said that teams feared the Steel Curtain defense, they meant that they were actually scared. Ernie Holmes stated that during the course of Super Bowl IX that Minnesota Vikings center Mick Tinglehoff was literally trembling (Holmes derisively referred to him as "Ticklehoff"). And who can blame him facing Holmes, Jack Lambert and Greene.

Examples are numerous. In the America's Game program on the 1975 Steelers Greene is shown grabbing a Cleveland Browns offensive lineman by the shoulder and kicking him in the groin. In a 1977 playoff game in Mile High Stadium in Denver, he knocks a Broncos offensive lineman who has been holding him out of the game with a punch to the gut. ESPN's Tom Jackson describes another incident when Greene moved toward the Denver bench in anger and the whole Broncos team recoiled in fear..."

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2014/8/1/5954827/joe-really-was-mean

Love Mark McGrath bowing up to the only guy in town small enough to actually not want any action.  The kid did OK, but he should have pushed back and made McGrath back down like all bullies do.  Hell, take a shot to the chin if necessary -- the lawsuit would be worth it.  What a completely talentless hack that guy is.

2 hours ago, Nuge said:

That's actually pretty funny.   

McGrath hosts the weekend countdown on Sirius 90's on 9. The only thing worse than terrible 90's top 40 is hearing him yuck-it-up with stupid ass stories like he is the David Lee Roth of 1997. The guy's voice makes me want to stab my stereo with a rusty ice pick.

2 hours ago, Nuge said:

you got off easy, douchebag

what does that mean, "Fly at least twice in their set" ?  Honestly, I'm not up with the late 90's brushed silver lingo.  I do have a rugby style shirt though with several prominent horizontal stripes on it.  And Stussy did approach me about their ad campaign.  

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

what does that mean, "Fly at least twice in their set" ?  Honestly, I'm not up with the late 90's brushed silver lingo.  I do have a rugby style shirt though with several prominent horizontal stripes on it.  And Stussy did approach me about their ad campaign.  

You sound unusually cool for a gringo. 

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

McGrath is the man. He was on celebrity big brother this past winter.

Sugar ray came to a local food festival last year and a buddy of mine went. He said they played every morning and fly at least twice in their set

???

edward%20colver%20-%20wasted%20youth%20f

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Love Mark McGrath bowing up to the only guy in town small enough to actually not want any action.  The kid did OK, but he should have pushed back and made McGrath back down like all bullies do.  Hell, take a shot to the chin if necessary -- the lawsuit would be worth it.  What a completely talentless hack that guy is.

All I can think of is Kid Rock’s call out of McGrath in ‘Cocky.’

That would be one bitchass fight.

20 hours ago, Nuge said:

About 7-8 years ago I was having dinner/drinks at a bar in East Austin with my then girlfriend. We sit down and I immediately notice Dennis Quaid is sitting at a table with a few other people directly behind my gf. I look at him for a few seconds and then say to my gf, "don't turn around, but Dennis Quaid is sitting right behind you." Well, it's a small place so the table is pretty close and apparently he either heard me, or saw me looking at him, or both. So when I look back at him he is giving me the angry Dennis Quaid stare. Kinda like this, only angrier:

dennis_quaid.jpg

And for some reason, it just cracks me up that Dennis Quaid is staring at me like he wants to punch me. My gf says "why are you laughing?" and I'm like "I think Dennis Quaid wants to kill me." /csb

• Like 1