Tell me about Boston

brentntexas

I've accepted temp work for the next few months in the Boston area and having never been in New England area so looking for advice/tips.  I've lived in Michigan and Colorado before and don't mind the cold winters so that won't be a problem.  

Are the people really as rude and racist as people say?  How is snow skiing in that region?  Any recommendations for sports bars or seafood restaurants?  Is there barbeque or Mexican food worth a shit there?

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, brentntexas said:

I've accepted temp work for the next few months in the Boston area and having never been in New England area so looking for advice/tips.  I've lived in Michigan and Colorado before and don't mind the cold winters so that won't be a problem.  

Are the people really as rude and racist as people say?  How is snow skiing in that region?  Any recommendations for sports bars or seafood restaurants?  Is there barbeque or Mexican food worth a shit there?

My wife and I went for 4 days a couple of years ago.

Every Bostonian we dealt with were as nice as they could be.

Food there is incredible as well.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Great city.

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

My wife and I went for 4 days a couple of years ago.

Every Bostonian we dealt with were as nice as they could be.

Food there is incredible as well.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Great city.

Been there twice and same opinion.  Bostonians are nicer than New Yorkers, and I actually like New Yorkers. 

The food is great and Fenway is a blast, but it sounds like the timing is off for you there.  I had a great time in a lot of the pubs, kind of plug and play but all have a good vibe if you like to drink.  The chicks were beyond heinous, thought the script club would be better...save your money.  Traffic is a mother and the accent eats at me.  Could never relocate there but a few months would be doable.