¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

On 4/19/2018 at 8:47 AM, SurlyBDR said:

1524064389100.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

"While conducting a 1-173 Infantry training exercise, a southern black racer snake slid across the barrel of junior U.S. Army National Guard sniper Pfc. William Snyder's rifle. The exercise was performed at Eglin Air Force Base on April 7, according to the Alabama National Guard."

th?id=OIP.Xn_PfvpmvpDqaFRoK539-wAAAA&pid

Motherfucking aggy. I walk my kids through that goddamned neighborhood. It's right across the street from Panera.  This isn't out in the country somewhere, it's right where a residential neighborhood changes into commercial -- with foot traffic, it's busy as shit over there. Stupid assed sons of bitches.

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Motherfucking aggy. I walk my kids through that goddamned neighborhood. It's right across the street from Panera.  This isn't out in the country somewhere, it's right where a residential neighborhood changes into commercial -- with foot traffic, it's busy as shit over there. Stupid assed sons of bitches.

Sorry, but you voluntarily live in the hive of aggy. 

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Officials-seeking-more-information-about-cobra-found-in-College-Station-481135051.html

Officials seeking more information about cobra found in College Station

The following is a news release from the city of College Station:

On Friday around 4:39 p.m., Animal Control responded to the area of Forest Dr and University Dr E for a report of a snake that had behaved aggressively. On arrival the snake was identified as a young albino monocled cobra, twelve inches in length. The snake was removed and Animal Control is attempting to locate the owner to ensure they are in good health. Please be mindful of the safety of your pets in this area and remember to keep your dogs on leash.

Animal Control is asking that if anyone has information regarding ownership of the snake to please contact the College Station Police Department at 979-764-3600.

The ownership of venomous snakes is prohibited by College Station City Ordinance Sec 6-7 as follows: “Class Reptilia. Family Elapidea (coral snakes, cobras, and mambas).”

A woman emailed KBTX Friday evening and said she found the snake on her back patio.

snake81.jpg

Didn’t need additional reasons to nuke Collie Station, until now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Dog - "fuck you, snek"

Dog2 - "I think I'll eat some shit."

Snek - "Fuck off, deg"

My dogs are snake broke.  They  leave them alone.  Neighbor's cat is who snek has to watch out for.  I'm afraid my population of Texas Spiny and Whiptail lizards are in trouble.

A 57-year-old man in Oklahoma is dead after a rattlesnake bit him twice, his wife said.

While driving in Osage County on Sunday, Barry Lester saw a rattlesnake in the middle of the road and decided to stop to move the serpent out of the way, the Tulsa World reported.

But while attempting to move the rattler, he was bitten -- twice.

“It bit his left hand, and then he put it in his right and it bit that hand too,” Lester's wife, Roberta, told the newspaper.

“We were just going to walk and have a day outside enjoying the lake. It was his birthday,” she said.

After realizing he was bit, Barry told his wife they needed to go to the hospital. The couple rushed to meet the ambulance at their Turley home, which would then take Lester to a hospital in nearby Tulsa.

But then Lester's head suddenly dropped -- and "that was it," Roberta said.

Emergency officials tried to revive the 57-year-old but it was too late. Barry died from a “combination of the rattlesnake bite and an existing heart condition," according to the Tulsa World.

Barry had wrangled snakes before, Roberta told the Tulsa World, which is why he was confident he would be able to remove the rattler from the road.

But now his wife has a warning for others: "Don’t mess with snakes. If you hear it rattling, you leave it alone.”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/01/oklahoma-man-57-dies-after-rattlesnake-bites-him-twice-dont-mess-with-snakes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fscitech+(Internal+-+SciTech+-+Mixed)

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

seriously, i want to understand the thought process, how he thought things would go, what the end result would be and his stupid ass motivation.  that's a shitton of delusion.

um...   A 57-year-old man in Oklahoma

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm driving and see a rattlesnake crossing the road, I always get out and try to move it by hand.  I really don't see what the alternative is.

I was driving an old truck down a gravel road once and almost wrecked into the ditch trying to run over a cottonmouth near the edge of the road.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

seriously, i want to understand the thought process, how he thought things would go, what the end result would be and his stupid ass motivation.  that's a shitton of delusion.

Maybe Barry was tired of his wife's bitching and wanted to end it all.  "What's that honey?  You don't like where I leave my work boots at the end of a long day at work and you're upset that I just want to watch a couple hours of the ball game?  Oh look, a snek in the middle of the road.  I'll be right back, dear."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The real mystery to this story is how this guy made it to 57.  This kind of stupidity is supposed to get you killed in your 20s.  My guess is the lack of high rise condo balconies to jump across on spring break in Oklahoma has something to do with this.

Edited by EMAWesome
  • Like 1

No idea if this is true, but I grew up with the old folks saying a rattlesnake could puncture your tire sidewall so you should never risk it by running them over. Regardless of truth, I'd bet this old fella either held the same belief OR he simply doesn't see the need to kill snakes out minding their own business. On top of that, the article says he was an experienced snake handler (although recent evidence indicates otherwise).

Lord help me. I just defended an Okie.

10 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

No idea if this is true, but I grew up with the old folks saying a rattlesnake could puncture your tire sidewall so you should never risk it by running them over. Regardless of truth, I'd bet this old fella either held the same belief OR he simply doesn't see the need to kill snakes out minding their own business. On top of that, the article says he was an experienced snake handler (although recent evidence indicates otherwise).

Lord help me. I just defended an Okie.

There's panthers in them swamps man

My daughter found this guy this morning.  Looks like he had a big breakfast.  The bulge in his belly is about the size of a mouse or maybe a toad.   I hope it wasn't one of my lizards.

Eastern Blackneck Garter

20180506_123151_zpszcjhjwij.jpg

I let him go after the picture.