¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

On 6/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, HenryJames said:

Interesting, this not my experience. Couple years ago wife (no pics) and I were at enchanted rock and saw a rattlesnek near the trail. We were warning people as we were heading down and getting the "Ooohhh [gets closer for a better look]" response

I used to eat rattlesnake at the Taylor snake roundup every year. Definitely tastes like chicken. This thread has had a dramatic impact on me in two ways. First I no longer am scared of non-venomous snakes and will let them live. Conversely, I’m now terrified of finding a poisonous snake everywhere I go. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I used to eat rattlesnake at the Taylor snake roundup every year. Definitely tastes like chicken. This thread has had a dramatic impact on me in two ways. First I no longer am scared of non-venomous snakes and will let them live. Conversely, I’m now terrified of finding a poisonous snake everywhere I go. 

This. I’m eye fucking every rock, limb and bush for a damn snake on the green belt every day. Only had a huge rat snake coil up at the dog but was able to call him off. 

Everything is snek 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, Underdog said:

Can't you just ship them to Tijuana?  I hear bbq iguana is a thing there. 

I have an assortment of BB / Pellet guns at my disposal.  The nice one is perhaps a little too powerful for backyard use.  Accurate, loud, large (looks like I'm hunting elk), and powerful

gamo-hornet-air-rifle-with-4x32-scope-4.

I don't want to miss and have the shots go outside my yard.  (1/4 acre lot in a neighborhood)

The next one is a Pumpmaster 760 with a shitty scope...   It's more discrete but the scope sucks and with the scope off the ornamental iron sites suck too and you only get one shot, but you can reload quick.  Can't see or hit shit.  I think since it came with the scope, the iron site is literally just for looks.  Even on the closest setting it over shoots a target 35' away by 3" or so.   

crosman-760c-pumpmaster-starter-kit-blac

Fucking Iguanas are FAST!

This has worked to some degree, but it's only really good for close up and it's slow to reload but it's much more discrete.  The iguanas have adapted though, they see me and they haul ass.  They used to sit there in the grass/bushes and rely on camouflage.  No mass

So now I'm looking for a cheap but decent scope...  amazon $25 to go on a gun that cost $45 ....   fucking iguanas

sorry for the derail...  it's just a little frustrating

Just now, crash_davis said:

is that a convertible truck.  the interior is dusty as fuck.

Maybe they use it as a truck ?   If I roll down the rear window on my Tundra, the airflow will leave dirt and debris on the dash even when just tooling around town (city)

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Maybe they use it as a truck ?   If I roll down the rear window on my Tundra, the airflow will leave dirt and debris on the dash even when just tooling around town (city)

good point.  i'm a city guy so i'm a bit anal about keeping a clean vehicle.  but if it's a work truck driving fields and dirt roads, i can see how it would get that dusty.  but man, that would drive my ocd nuts.

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

good point.  i'm a city guy so i'm a bit anal about keeping a clean vehicle.  but if it's a work truck driving fields and dirt roads, i can see how it would get that dusty.  but man, that would drive my ocd nuts.

well, that and the snek

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You would have a fit if you saw my truck a couple weeks into hunting season. That truck in the pic isn't even dirty.

1 hour ago, Loco said:

I have an assortment of BB / Pellet guns at my disposal.  The nice one is perhaps a little too powerful for backyard use.  Accurate, loud, large (looks like I'm hunting elk), and powerful

I don't want to miss and have the shots go outside my yard.  (1/4 acre lot in a neighborhood)

The next one is a Pumpmaster 760 with a shitty scope...   It's more discrete but the scope sucks and with the scope off the ornamental iron sites suck too and you only get one shot, but you can reload quick.  Can't see or hit shit.  I think since it came with the scope, the iron site is literally just for looks.  Even on the closest setting it over shoots a target 35' away by 3" or so.   

This has worked to some degree, but it's only really good for close up and it's slow to reload but it's much more discrete.  The iguanas have adapted though, they see me and they haul ass.  They used to sit there in the grass/bushes and rely on camouflage.  No mass

So now I'm looking for a cheap but decent scope...  amazon $25 to go on a gun that cost $45 ....   fucking iguanas

Leapers/UTG Bug Buster.  What's the rifle?

On 7/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, Loco said:

You're going to have to walk us through what you've tried because coming into a pro-snake thread to talk about killing badass lizards like they're fucking tree rats.. Well, you seem like a stupid lazy piece of shit. 

Edited by B00M
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, B00M said:

You're going to have to walk us through what you've tried because coming into a pro-snake thread to talk about killing badass lizards like they're fucking tree rats.. Well, you seem like a stupid lazy piece of shit. 

Mom?

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Did you miss the part about Florida officials saying kill on sight because they’re an invasive species that destroy a lot of shit?

Edited by thunderlounge

15 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Did you miss the part about Florida officials saying kill on sight because they’re an invasive species that destroy a lot of shit?

Well fuck me sideways -- turns out I'm the stupid lazy piece of shit! My apologies. 

• 4 weeks later...