DT Austin Hotels

Superhero

On 9/17/2018 at 6:55 AM, dirtonia said:

Aight, Superhero, I'm at the conference too. I'm the fat white guy, shouldn't be too hard to spot.

You can buy me a drink.

I must've missed you in the sea of fat white nerds. 

I was the good looking asian guy with grey hair and an air of sophistication.

Must say those Bluebeam guys know how to host a conference. I was surprised how much advertising they did around the building, the topics were mostly good, and they really controlled the attendance in each session. Still, once is enough for this old dog, and I'll send some of my "kids" to attend the 2019 conference. 

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread for advice. 

Looking at 2 conferences in October & November, unless they just get shitcanned. 

Been awhile since the wife (no pics) and I have been in town. Probably staying a week to make the most of the getaway. No kids, just us.

We are SPG-loyalists trapped in the Marriott regime.  Never stayed at the W, but I see so many mixed reviews on it. I also understand there’s a newish Westin. 

Within the whole current Bonvoy scope, what say Surly?  What’s the best downtown hotel pick?

Fairmont has a one-night-get-one-free special that ends today, and the rates are dirt cheap. Booked two nights in July for a staycation with the lady friend. Ordinarily wouldn’t be enthused about something like this, but looking for another kind of getaway since my summer vacation plans were scrapped.

22 hours ago, South Austin said:

Fairmont has a one-night-get-one-free special that ends today, and the rates are dirt cheap. Booked two nights in July for a staycation with the lady friend. Ordinarily wouldn’t be enthused about something like this, but looking for another kind of getaway since my summer vacation plans were scrapped.

Sheeeeeettt, I meant to book mine yesterday but the day completely got away from me.  Was really looking forward to something similar.  

I wonder if I can call and see if they can extend the offer?