Surly Podcast #1 - 8/18/18

immamac

Entry for Home Opener  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Entry Vote

On 8/21/2018 at 1:30 PM, Goo Punch said:

it was also completely made up by immamac. there are many people who are obsessed with me, but he probably takes the cake. I have no idea why he would completely invent a story like that (other than his clear obsession with me) but here is what actually happened:

Did Derka post this as an audio youtube as a sort of audition tape for the new podcast? 

Here's my 2 cents as a former radio guy. First and foremost, get your audio shit together. Get a matched pair of noise cancelling headsets so you sound like you're in the same room and not on shortwave from Saipan or playing Call of Dooty.
Segments, plan and break the discussion into (for example)10 min for this, 10 min for that, ect and name them. The Derka Report, This Week in Surly, Treefiddy for Treefiddy. It's important to have a few seconds to switch gears and prep for your next segment. Make some fake commercials for breaks. It's just begging for SNL style parody Eskimo Hut, Jet Pack Man, Fitlump for City Council commercials. Put together musical intros and exits for segments. Let the bed slowly fade out as you talk on intro and up as you exit.
Just a few thoughts. Be glad to pitch in if needed. Listen to Bob & Dan or Weenie and the Butt for pointers.

Take all of this advice and do the opposite. This is a podcast not some lame ass sports talk radio show.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Some constructive criticism. Immamac, youre a bit nasaly which can be corrected with speech/breeathing practice. Speak from your diaphram not your throat. 

It's a really bad radio voice. I couldn't help but be distracted. There was one point Blacklab makes a good point about UM fans and how they arent trailer trash from Detroit and immmac responds with a "mmyea. This is true." and I was just like, I can't even. It was everything and I was dead.

But all jokes aside, good stuff Immac and BL, thanks for doing this and yall rock.

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Some constructive criticism. Immamac, youre a bit nasaly which can be corrected with speech/breeathing practice. Speak from your diaphram not your throat. 

... but most importantly, speak from your heart.  💓💓

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Um... Are you thrown rocks on 635?

38 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

lol oops... Fucking autocorrect. Meant chola or try to get some of our favorites from facebook thread to call in

And here I was just getting ready to google where the ‘ell 635 was......😙🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

So, I've taken a bit to think what would be amusing and entertaining. 

First, I would see, if at all possible,  we could get Dirt Bike involved. During the discussion of the "Thread of the week" either one of the Bob's picks, at the end ask, "Dirt Bike, what are your thoughts on that topic?" - Let him say whatever brilliantly insane zen thing he says, follow with, "Interesting take, Thanks Dirt Bike" Make it a weekly sub, and I suspect it will just be a sentence or two. 

Then after "announcements" at the end, roll to the final segment featuring DerkaGoo. Let him pick the topic but require it be related to Longhorn Sports. 

Let him get two sentences in, top over, "Insightful as always" then fade over immediately with Derkagoo rap to close the show. Let Derka post his 2 hour diatribe here for any that would actually like to hear it. 

If possible, and I know I've dreamed a lot already, but.. a weekly recap single slide of MS Paint by Thujones. 

That shit would be amazing. 

What poem was that from? Was that James Joyce?

On 8/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Derka got radio voice game though. Dang.

just now getting to this, but yeah he absolutely does.  and he's definitely a more entertaining story teller than immamac who spend the first half of the podcast trying to show us all how cool he is by saying fuck over and over.

Edited by BigOrange1
  • Haha 1

• immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic