San Antonio

TexasHooch

3 hours ago, deadshank said:

I’m having the barbacoa taco tonight.  

Ain’t afeart.  

You're going to blow an o-ring tomorrow and it will be totally worth it!

Friend lives in those apartments behind it. Says it slams and goes hard.

Good deal. They are about to open one in front of my neighborhood. We desperately need a place that slams and goes hard.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/15/2024 at 12:16 PM, Helobious said:

Wurzbach Rd & Wurzbach Pkwy are the same thing. 

It's astonishing that even your taste in geography is fucked up. There's a huge difference, at least for someone who grew up in SA. Wurzbach Road has been around forever and extends from Lockhill-Selma to Fred into the Medical Center and beyond. Wurzbach Pkwy is a wacky, meandering psuedo-highway that they built as a shortcut from 35 to Lockhill Selma.

Also as confusing as the Harry Wurzbach / Wurzbach Rd / Wurzbach Pkwy is, trying to explain where Jones-Maltsberger starts/ends/starts again/ends again is even more fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's astonishing that even your taste in geography is fucked up. There's a huge difference, at least for someone who grew up in SA. Wurzbach Road has been around forever and extends from Lockhill-Selma to Fred into the Medical Center and beyond. Wurzbach Pkwy is a wacky, meandering psuedo-highway that they built as a shortcut from 35 to Lockhill Selma.

Also as confusing as the Harry Wurzbach / Wurzbach Rd / Wurzbach Pkwy is, trying to explain where Jones-Maltsberger starts/ends/starts again/ends again is even more fucked up. 

For fucksake, it’s the same road. If you’re driving on one it’ll turn into the other one at some point depending on the direction. I wish the whole thing was a parkway. Also the parkway part starts at NW Military, not Lockhill. Looks like I know the city better than you even though I’ve been here shorter. 

You’re correct in saying that Jones is borked though. 

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Season 3 No GIF by The Office

See above. Also Harry Wurzbach is such a short and inconsequential road I’ve never seen it be a point of confusion.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

For fucksake, it’s the same road. If you’re driving on one it’ll turn into the other one at some point depending on the direction. I wish the whole thing was a parkway. Also the parkway part starts at NW Military, not Lockhill. Looks like I know the city better than you even though I’ve been here shorter. 

That's not true but I understand your confusion. The speed limit doesn't rise on Wurzbach until after NW Military. Wurzbach used to end at Lockhill Selma until the early 00's.

image.thumb.png.91cffd793ef485f6c4fed84cd5e641b5.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

That's not true but I understand your confusion. The speed limit doesn't rise on Wurzbach until after NW Military. Wurzbach used to end at Lockhill Selma until the early 00's.

image.thumb.png.91cffd793ef485f6c4fed84cd5e641b5.png

Yeah. So it starts at NW Military. Or you could say it ends at NW Military if you’re coming from the East. 

Wapo Taco will be the destination between now and Wednesday.  I am here for a week's worth of doctor visits.  I knocked out two today.  This is my last visit from Alaska.  I am moving here(SA) permanently on May 26. 

Gotta give the old lady some super credit....The apartment complex she picked is old(favors me, cuz I don't like huge increases in rent), and location, location, location....walk 2 blocks to some of the best Tex-Mex-Datapoint Tacqueira- I have ever eaten.  

Within 12 miles of this apt., there are 14 Elementary schools in Northside ISD, which means plenty of Elementary SPED teaching jobs, so I got a teaching job exactly where I wanted... I get to walk to work for year #7 in a row...yea!!  I just paid off our 2022 car in Oct. 2023, so I do not have to buy a car.  The old lady works the night shift and gets home at about 6:30 a.m. so if for some reason I need a car, it is there. 

The reviews and pictures of Wapo look good enough I just might take some of that with me on the airplanes. 

My last trip back to Alaska is pretty good as well.  I start off flying first class on AA from SA to Phoenix, then a regular seat on Alaska from Phoenix to Anchorage, and next is First class on Alaska from Anchorage to Kotzebue.  Finally, the little 30 minute trip from Kotzebue to Selawik.  Knocking on wood, this is the only year of the three years in Selawik there has not been a disaster....year one a fire killed all occupants, year two the principal's husband "allegedly" murdered a local man, and that principal and family exited Alaska faster than a speeding bullet.  

This year nothing!  yea! so far....last working day for teachers is May 24.  

14 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

Wapo Taco will be the destination between now and Wednesday.  I am here for a week's worth of doctor visits.  I knocked out two today.  This is my last visit from Alaska.  I am moving here(SA) permanently on May 26. 

Gotta give the old lady some super credit....The apartment complex she picked is old(favors me, cuz I don't like huge increases in rent), and location, location, location....walk 2 blocks to some of the best Tex-Mex-Datapoint Tacqueira- I have ever eaten.  

Within 12 miles of this apt., there are 14 Elementary schools in Northside ISD, which means plenty of Elementary SPED teaching jobs, so I got a teaching job exactly where I wanted... I get to walk to work for year #7 in a row...yea!!  I just paid off our 2022 car in Oct. 2023, so I do not have to buy a car.  The old lady works the night shift and gets home at about 6:30 a.m. so if for some reason I need a car, it is there. 

The reviews and pictures of Wapo look good enough I just might take some of that with me on the airplanes. 

My last trip back to Alaska is pretty good as well.  I start off flying first class on AA from SA to Phoenix, then a regular seat on Alaska from Phoenix to Anchorage, and next is First class on Alaska from Anchorage to Kotzebue.  Finally, the little 30 minute trip from Kotzebue to Selawik.  Knocking on wood, this is the only year of the three years in Selawik there has not been a disaster....year one a fire killed all occupants, year two the principal's husband "allegedly" murdered a local man, and that principal and family exited Alaska faster than a speeding bullet.  

This year nothing!  yea! so far....last working day for teachers is May 24.  

If a fire killed all of the occupants of Selawik, who were you teaching?

CHIEF