NCAA 14

Zavala

Started playing a few days ago, I play it every year as the hype for the season is building. I get the updated rosters for PS3 from operation sports. They currently have to be put on a usb drive and transferred but it worked well enough. I went PC instead of current gen so I'm not too pissed NCAA isn't being updated anymore.

Any other NCAA14 "retro" gamers out there still playing?

On 8/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, Zavala said:

Started playing a few days ago, I play it every year as the hype for the season is building. I get the updated rosters for PS3 from operation sports. They currently have to be put on a usb drive and transferred but it worked well enough. I went PC instead of current gen so I'm not too pissed NCAA isn't being updated anymore.

Love me some NCAA14.  I fired it up last weekend and the wife (no pics) says, "It must be getting close to football season."  You damn skippy, it is.

The gameplay dynamics on this version, IMHO, were just about perfect.  I enjoyed it far more, for whatever reason, than '11, '12, or '13. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Love me some NCAA14.  I fired it up last weekend and the wife (no pics) says, "It must be getting close to football season."  You damn skippy, it is.

The gameplay dynamics on this version, IMHO, were just about perfect.  I enjoyed it far more, for whatever reason, than '11, '12, or '13. 

Yeah it's awesome gameplay. The realistic physics engine they used is sweet. 13 had too crazy of jukes, it was too easy to run speed option then cut back for 30 yards every play. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, Zavala said:

Can't believe I just saw this thread. Yes! I still play all the time with updated rosters. Was in a few online leagues as well. 

On 8/21/2018 at 2:22 PM, txhorns said:

I still play during the cfb season mostly.  Mostly just do dynasty mode on the most difficult setting starting with a custom built team that is as shitty as it gets.

Heisman is the only way to play. In every league I've been in online or regular offline dynasty, Heisman only. Thems the rules!

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 9:46 PM, Vic Mackey said:

It sucks that this was the last season of the BCS era. It would be hard for me to get into it knowing the format to end the season is outdated.

Is there any way to customize the schedules to represent what they are in current form?

There is, but it requires a shit ton of coding and saving to different files on your computer, then uploading the flash drive to the xbox or ps3, then writing more code. 

My son got NCAA football last year and he plays it all the time, this updated roster thing sounds really cool.  Is it difficult to do, is there a good source that explains it all so I could maybe do this for him.  I'm semi-technical, maybe less so now than a few years ago?  He would be so excited.  It took him awhile to get into football with me, now he is a UT nut.

7 hours ago, dlatin said:

My son got NCAA football last year and he plays it all the time, this updated roster thing sounds really cool.  Is it difficult to do, is there a good source that explains it all so I could maybe do this for him.  I'm semi-technical, maybe less so now than a few years ago?  He would be so excited.  It took him awhile to get into football with me, now he is a UT nut.

Operation Sports is your Huckleberry.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/964552-ncaa-football-14-2020-2021-roster-update.html