1000+ kids abused by Catholic priests

Ted Lange

It’s not really a politics topic. It’s news. Just because every overzealous atheist is vomiting all over any thread on here that has even a tenuous connection to religion doesn’t make it appropriate. In fact, on shaggy, Bada was actually the forum for religion threads.

• Like 2

Catholic Church is despicable, when it comes to this issue.  If you are a Catholic and can’t call them out for what they have done, maybe it’s time to actually read the Bible and stop listening to what the Catholic Church is telling you. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So speaking about 1000+ kids being abused AND it being covered up by the Catholic Church makes one an over zealous atheist.  OK

Not even remotely what I said. In fact, that comment had literally nothing to do with this thread. You read almost as well as you search for topical threads.

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Catholic Church is despicable, when it comes to this issue.  If you are a Catholic and can’t call them out for what they have done, maybe it’s time to actually read the Bible and stop listening to what the Catholic Church is telling you. 

Get off the the message boards creep

21 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Not even remotely what I said. In fact, that comment had literally nothing to do with this thread. You read almost as well as you search for topical threads.

Well,  my apologies.   Excellent job at not discussing the actual issue though.

When you lead with “Not a word here. Imagine if there were 12 kids raped by an imam...crickets” when there’s in fact a thread already in progress, you should expect to get called out on it.

Perhaps you should visit that thread to discuss the actual issue.

Edited by formermav43

20 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

No. I can’t point you to the one in the football board either.

Of course I never said that, which you obviously know. Just admit you were wrong and move on.  We all, including myself, make mistake. 

Great job at deflecting from the actual topic though, which you refuse to address. Ie Catholics abusing kids and the church covering it up. .

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Of course I never said that, which you obviously know. Just admit you were wrong and move on.  We all, including myself, make mistake. 

Great job at deflecting from the actual topic though, which you refuse to address. Ie Catholics abusing kids and the church covering it up. .

This is like bizarro world at this point. You preface this whole discussion with a sanctimonious tone because there’s no thread-but there is a thread. There’s no thread on politcs because it’s not the most relevant place for it.

I’m not deflecting. There’s a whole thread on it I was kind enough to point you to. You’re wrong. And I’m done.

20 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

This is like bizarro world at this point. You preface this whole discussion with a sanctimonious tone because there’s no thread-but there is a thread. There’s no thread on politcs because it’s not the most relevant place for it.

I’m not deflecting. There’s a whole thread on it I was kind enough to point you to. You’re wrong. And I’m done.

Fair enough, agree to disagree, etc....  

but still no comment on the Catholic Church.  Ok. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Weird how these Catholic/Baylor/Penn State  rape apologists only want to talk about which board a topic is posted, and not the fact that the Catholic Church covered up 1000+ Cases of child abuse. Sad!

How many kids need to be abused, and the “Church” covers it up until y’all reach a breaking point?  5000,10,000, 50,000?

28 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Weird how these Catholic/Baylor/Penn State  rape apologists only want to talk about which board a topic is posted, and not the fact that the Catholic Church covered up 1000+ Cases of child abuse. Sad!

How many kids need to be abused, and the “Church” covers it up until y’all reach a breaking point?  5000,10,000, 50,000?

If it's something you want to talk about. All of us are here for you

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, formermav43 said:

No. I can’t point you to the one in the football board either.

I can point you to the one on Daily Texan. Since it’s current events. 

Actually part of me wonders to what degree these pedo priests cross over with the Pedo St story.  Sandusky's Second Mile grooming op was never fully fleshed out.  That state is a cesspool.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If we're going to continue to have a Catholic church, it is way past the time to get rid of celibacy and male only ordination. Priest should be allowed to marry and women should be allowed to become priests.

I have a lot of catholic friends and I don’t like knocking anyone’s religion but the rituals and hierarchy structures of the Catholic Church are just too much for me.  

They had me at transubstantiation.  

I was also denied bread and wine communion at a Catholic Church because I didn’t know the password.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have a lot of catholic friends and I don’t like knocking anyone’s religion but the rituals and hierarchy structures of the Catholic Church are just too much for me.  

They had me at transubstantiation.  

I was also denied bread and wine communion at a Catholic Church because I didn’t know the password.

Some priests care about non-Catholics taking communion. Many do not. I took communion all the time in high school and I'm a confirmed Presbyterian. I've taken communion since then and I don't even believe in God.

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Some priests care about non-Catholics taking communion. Many do not. I took communion all the time in high school and I'm a confirmed Presbyterian. I've taken communion since then and I don't even believe in God.

I was at a friends wedding and I grew up Presbyterian so the communion ritual is almost identical.  I forgot I was in a Catholic Church at the time and my best friend, who is very Catholic and he knows I’m not was behind me in line.  He didn’t say anything.  

So when I got to the priest and I didn’t know their little code word the priest asked me if I was Catholic.  I said no. The priest was visibly PISSED off.  He gave me a blessing.  Once we got back to our seats my Catholic friend Tony could not stop laughing at what just transpired.  And he was laughing at the reaction of the priest.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I was at a friends wedding and I grew up Presbyterian so the communion ritual is almost identical.  I forgot I was in a Catholic Church at the time and my best friend, who is very Catholic and he knows I’m not was behind me in line.  He didn’t say anything.  

So when I got to the priest and I didn’t know their little code word the priest asked me if I was Catholic.  I said no. The priest was visibly PISSED off.  He gave me a blessing.  Once we got back to our seats my Catholic friend Tony could not stop laughing at what just transpired.  And he was laughing at the reaction of the priest.

The code is "the dolphins are in the jacuzzi."