Michael Avenatti weighing a run for President

Horn Under a Bad Sign

Y'all realize we're going to get a whole lot more of idiocy like this, right?  And these idiots will win elections.  

Trump set the standard now.  And the standard is "there are no standards, just publicity."

Shia Labeouf, 2028.  Unless president Kanye wins a second term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

I thought it was crazy when Gopher from the Love Boat was elected to Congress.  That ain't shit for what's coming next.

Friend of mine was a congressional page around the time Gopher made it to Washington.  One day my friend had elevator duty and Gopher gets in.  When the elevator went up and the doors opened, my friend let out an enthusiastic “Promenade deck!”

Friend was summarily run off, fired and shit canned within the hour.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Friend of mine was a congressional page around the time Gopher made it to Washington.  One day my friend had elevator duty and Gopher gets in.  When the elevator went up and the doors opened, my friend let out an enthusiastic “Promenade deck!”

That fucking sucks he got shitcanned.

But it was worth it for the story.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, Brisketexan said:

Y'all realize we're going to get a whole lot more of idiocy like this, right?  And these idiots will win elections.  

Trump set the standard now.  And the standard is "there are no standards, just publicity."

Shia Labeouf, 2028.  Unless president Kanye wins a second term.

camacho.jpg

Very prescient.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fuck that, he should have been promoted.  Take a joke, pussy.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fuck that, he should have been promoted.  Take a joke, pussy.

That was pretty much the reaction among our friend group.  If I had been "Gopher" in that situation I would have worn that shit like a badge of honor.

"Yeah mother fuckers... been here one week and fuckers know who the fuck I am.  Gonna be all up on your committees.  Can I get a hell yeah?"

But that's just me and I've never been elected to shit.

• 5 weeks later...

I was initially dismissive of Avenatti as a candidate, but the reality is that the Democrats are going to be unable to get an establishment candidate out who will appeal to a very angry Dem base. Avenatti will come out swinging against racist cops and the border patrol. He has no ties to long-standing monied interests and lobbyists.

Pelosi and the establishment are out there saying that OF COURSE they love the Dems who support Kavanaugh and OF COURSE they love ICE and OF COURSE they love the excesses of abusive capitalism and blah blah blah... 

If Avenatti comes out with his stellar Twitter game and a Bernie-ish policy platform, he could steamroll any establishment Dem put in front of him.