Michael Avenatti weighing a run for President

Horn Under a Bad Sign

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

He's a sleazy opportunist who has no business chairing a city council, much less the presidency. If that's the best the dems can do, we're fucked either way. 

He would be more effective running as a Republican in the primaries, both for self promotion and crippling support for Trump. 

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

He's a sleazy opportunist who has no business chairing a city council, much less the presidency. If that's the best the dems can do, we're fucked either way. 

different from current POTUS how?

not advocating for a run, just pointing out that criteria is completely irrelevant at this point

Just now, mchookem said:

different from current POTUS how?

not advocating for a run, just pointing out that criteria is completely irrelevant at this point

What's the point of bitching about a conman in office, if you attempt to replace him with the same. The criteria didn't become irrelevant because Trump is in office, as a country we should aim a little higher.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

What's the point of bitching about a conman in office, if you attempt to replace him with the same. The criteria didn't become irrelevant because Trump is in office, as a country we should aim a little higher.

Avenatti has actually delivered the goods so far. He’s a sleaze ball and extraordinarily media savvy but he’s not promising a big beautiful Wall, Muslim Ban, $12 health care, lock her up, and drain the swamp.  It also helps that he’s not an ignorant moron. 

For me, POTUS Avenatti is a horrible idea because as far as I can tell he doesn’t have close to the knowledgeable level needed of economics, philosophy, geopolitics, history, or foreign policy. 

However, it’s unfair to put him in the same category as Trump.

His past is shady. His biggest concern is self promotion. He's a lot like Trump in a lot of ways, although I'll grant he is smarter than Trump. But so is the shit I flushed this morning. The fact that people would even consider him is indicative of how far off course this country is.

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

His past is shady. His biggest concern is self promotion. He's a lot like Trump in a lot of ways, although I'll grant he is smarter than Trump. But so is the shit I flushed this morning. The fact that people would even consider him is indicative of how far off course this country is.

Sounds like you’re in Trump denial. We are who we are.  Trump is the most powerful man in the world because we chose him. 

What is shady about his past?  I keep hearing this but I haven’t seen anything other than typical sleazeball lawyer stuff. 

I mean, unless he was laundering money for the Chinese mafia, registered sex offender, and scamming college kids out of an education, “shady past” doesn’t really move the needle these days. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/before-stormy-daniels-her-attorney-faced-allegations-of-dubious-business-dealings/

He's a conman. Look, I'm not in denial about the current shitstain in office and how he got there. My only point is that Avenatti is a self-promoting  clown. 

Edited by Blotto

I sit here saying it can’t happen.

Then I think about 2016 Republican primaries and DT(general too, obviously)

I am still fully in the it won’t camp,  but I guess you can’t say that it can’t happen.

I think a major difference would be whomever the media christens as D front runner will get so much positive coverage. 

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/before-stormy-daniels-her-attorney-faced-allegations-of-dubious-business-dealings/

He's a conman. Look, I'm not in denial about the current shitstain in office and how he got there. My only point is that Avenatti is a self-promoting  clown. 

Well, I hope this matters if he decides to run for public office but you know it won’t.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

• 3 weeks later...
On September 29, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Blotto said:

I'll bet he'd release his tax returns if he ran.

• 1 year later...