2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

32 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We aren’t missing the playoffs. I get the handwringing but Yeesh. 

I  get what you are saying, especially with the pitching staff, but the offence is horrorbad. Look at all the journeyman pitchers that have shut us down over the last month. I think we have faced like two prime pitchers in last few weeks.

1 hour ago, ckhorn said:

I  get what you are saying, especially with the pitching staff, but the offence is horrorbad. Look at all the journeyman pitchers that have shut us down over the last month. I think we have faced like two prime pitchers in last few weeks.

Yea that’s called baseball, every team hits slumps and we are at the end of the season. I think we break the slump. This whole we aren’t making the playoffs is just dumb. Odds of repeating are low just because it hasn’t happened since the early 00’s, it’s rare in and of itself.

another reason why hanging on to every prospect is dumb when the window is this open, go after for sure mlb guys, but I know anything is a risk. Let’s just get our heads out of our ass and score some runs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckhorn said:

This. The offense has been like this all year, not the pitching. The pitching staff has veterans and looks hungry. The Offense, not so much.  We shouldn't have had to add a bat. Have you noticed what Oakland's been trotting out there. Hopefully, McCann can help turn this around.

Relying on career seasons from literally the entire order was not sustainable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I agree and I think it’s not wise to not make moves when you have this window of opportunity open because it’s not open for years.

Yep. Should have traded for Yelich and/or Stanton. I would have given up Tucker to get both. Tucker's upside was always in the Yelich area, except I know Yelich can produce at that level consistently, there is no way of knowing Tucker will ever reach that level.

Yep. Should have traded for Yelich and/or Stanton. I would have given up Tucker to get both. Tucker's upside was always in the Yelich area, except I know Yelich can produce at that level consistently, there is no way of knowing Tucker will ever reach that level.

Save this shit to look back on 5 years from now.

Also, I still see a big bat coming our way in the next two weeks