2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Betting on spring training....that's dedication to gambling

On that note, there are some decent futures bets for this season: Astros +500 to win the World Series; JV +800 to win AL Cy Young, Altuve +550 to win AL MVP, and Correa +1000 to win AL MVP. I'll probably drop a little something on each of these and enjoy the ride.

How has Cole looked? Did the pitching coaches make any changes to his approach, delivery, etc?

a great move by your front office imo..

Maybe I don't pay attention enough but Brett Strom seems to be working wonders, under the radar. He must be highly regarded at this point. Is he getting any press on managerial positions?

Edited by pacman

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

How has Cole looked? Did the pitching coaches make any changes to his approach, delivery, etc?

Pretty damned good.  He's hitting 97 and his stuff looks filthy.  If he could keep up that K/9 and keep his WHIP a bit lower, no reason he couldn't win 15+ games.

Year W L ERA G GS SV IP SO WHIP
2018 Spring Training Stats 3 1 2.14 6 6 0 21.0 24 1.43

6 minutes ago, pacman said:

Maybe I don't pay attention enough but Brett Strom seems to be working wonders, under the radar. He must be highly regarded at this point. Is he getting any press on managerial positions?

IIRC, his first start was a little shaky, but he's been  nails since then. 

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

Lol he will turn 70 during the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

On that note, there are some decent futures bets for this season: Astros +500 to win the World Series; JV +800 to win AL Cy Young, Altuve +550 to win AL MVP, and Correa +1000 to win AL MVP. I'll probably drop a little something on each of these and enjoy the ride.

This is excellent

have a friend going to Vegas this weekend and was going to have her place some bets. I’m liking that +1000 for Correa

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I like McCullers at +1400 for the AL Cy Young. 

30 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

Exactly. He's totally cool just riding out the next couple of years and retiring. 

Side note, my dad says they are 3rd cousins or some shit. 

lol probably so

i just read one article I could find from November. The guy was working for his wife when he got the call from the Astros.

15 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

In before we repeat, bitches.

102017_hounyy_verlander_k_frazier.gif

Such a great gif.  I've been there before, so thoroughly confused, saying "I'm going to crush it if he throws that curve" then they throw it, it looks like it's going to hit me and my hands never got the message not to swing

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Need to order this shirt. I know someone posted the link on TOB. Anyone ordered one yet? How's the fit?

4 hours ago, Player said:

They are sold out currently. 

You can still place an order, I did.  I've done it before with a Rockets shirt.  Took awhile to come but it was a nice surprise when it did.