Future possible opponents- Georgia, Penn State & Clemson

AUS-97HORN

not too keen on Penn State at all.  But the others could be good.

Would much rather have Clemson instead of Penn State

AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns are working on a home-and-home football series with national title runner-up Georgia in the next decade as well as another high-profile opponent, a source with knowledge of the situation told Horns247.

Currently, Texas has marquee non-conference opponents lined up through 2027. The source said a home-and-home with Georgia would be after that — most likely 2028 and 2029.

Texas has also been in talks with Clemson and Penn State about a possible home-and-home series in 2030 and 2031, said the source, adding that a series with Penn State might be more likely for 2030 and 2031.

Texas is 3-1 against Georgia but the two teams haven't played since the Longhorns suffered a painful, 10-9 loss to the Bulldogs in the 1984 Cotton Bowl, which knocked UT out of contention for the 1983 national title.

The Longhorns' attempt to put Georgia on a future schedule comes after UGA coach Kirby Smart led the Bulldogs to the final of the College Football Playoff last season, losing a heartbreaker in overtime to Alabama after holding a 13-point lead. In the offseason, Smart, who is beginning his third year in Athens, got a new seven-year, $49 million contract.

Texas officials have had discussions with Clemson, an opponent the Longhorns have never faced, about a possible home-and-home in 2030 and 2031, the source said. But UT might be closer to a deal to play home-and-home with Penn State in 2030 and 2031, the source said.

The Longhorns have met Penn State five times with the Nittany Lions holding a 3-2 edge in the series. Texas' last meeting with Penn State came in the 1997 Fiesta Bowl, a 38-15 victory by PSU.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Source-Texas-Longhorns-working-on-home-and-home-football-series-with-Georgia-Penn-State--120878235/

6 minutes ago, po elvis said:

So 2030 is too soon? What about 2130? Should they still be paying for it then?

The victims and all the Penn State employees who benefited from and protected those horrific activities should all be dead by 2130 so I'll allow that matchup to be scheduled.

You try way too fucking hard to be a contrarian sometimes and end up just being foolish.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The victims and all the Penn State employees who benefited from and protected those horrific activities should all be dead by 2130 so I'll allow that matchup to be scheduled.

You try way too fucking hard to be a contrarian sometimes and end up just being foolish.

I will always be contrarian to the emotional reactions of shaggy/surly that throw out logic and reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Bevo said:

That should be what we are looking for. Schedule Florida, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, etc. Try to avoid, Alabama and Georgia. They cheat to be elite and we would have a decent chance of losing and screwing up our season. Also, avoid the lower ranked schools that have zero cache yet are good enough to upset us: Utah, Michigan State (I'm mixed on them), Stanford, Georgia Tech (I'm mixed on them also), Louisville, North Carolina etc.

You seriously think you can predict what teams will be good 10-12 years from now?

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Looking for an automatic win?

That should be what we are looking for. Schedule Florida, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, etc. Try to avoid, Alabama and Georgia. They cheat to be elite and we would have a decent chance of losing and screwing up our season. Also, avoid the lower ranked schools that have zero cache yet are good enough to upset us: Utah, Michigan State (I'm mixed on them), Stanford, Georgia Tech (I'm mixed on them also), Louisville, North Carolina etc.

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I will always be contrarian to the emotional reactions of shaggy/surly that throw out logic and reason.

If you want to bring logic and reason into something feel free to give a logical and reasonable case. Just claiming you are using logic and reason is not doing so.

Edited by Valmy77

16 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I dont think Penn State deserves to have any marquee games outside their conference schedule and bowl game. Players deserve it, but the rest of them dont.

Why do the players deserve it? If you go and join ISIS, should we welcome you home for vacations?

19 minutes ago, Loco said:

Id love to have a home and away series UT/UF

Your school is fucking gutless when it comes to scheduling. And you know that. You might as well be typing wistfully about playing Mars or Hades. Florida would consider those opponents for about the same amount of time as they would Texas or some other power from outside the fucking echo chamber of the SEC.

Why do the players deserve it? If you go and join ISIS, should we welcome you home for vacations?
That's not a good example, but by 2031 the players wont remember any of it, save for what they can find, if they want a history lesson. But their fans and school deserve to be blackballed by the bigger schools for a long time. Schedule Temple instead of Texas.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your school is fucking gutless when it comes to scheduling. And you know that. You might as well be typing wistfully about playing Mars or Hades. Florida would consider those opponents for about the same amount of time as they would Texas or some other power from outside the fucking echo chamber of the SEC.

We just kinda played UM in Dallas IIRC.   Agree with the scheduling in general though.  I want them to make UGA home and away, drop a cupcake and add the Candycanes home and away, and play one other P5 school....  I'd also like bourbon "water" fountains, BJs after dinner, and an island in the Pacific.

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

We just kinda played UM in Dallas IIRC.   Agree with the scheduling in general though.  I want them to make UGA home and away, drop a cupcake and add the Candycanes home and away, and play one other P5 school....  I'd also like bourbon "water" fountains, BJs after dinner, and an island in the Pacific.

Home and away, or gtfo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Home and away, or gtfo.

Did you read my post?  I don't like neutral sight games in NFL stadiums...  Also one reason I only half give a shit out of ever playing Miami in that soulless Miami Gardens corporate BS

Everyone on this fucking board could cite the Michigan game. You know why? Because it is the exception to the rule of: "Florida schedules like a fucking jellyfish" and all we heard about leading into the game last year was that it was the first non-con for UF outside the state of Florida in like 20 years or some shit. But but but but Florida State!!! meh. You play a fucking FCS school every fucking year. It's pathetic and you and the entire fucking SEC fanbase should be ashamed. Some of your hillbilly brethren play two fucking FCS schools. I fucking hate y'all's bullshit more for the pussy-ass scheduling than anything else. You're an otherwise good poster, but go fuck yourself for showing up in a scheduling thread. Texas plays a real non-con. (but but but, Missouri!, I mean Kentucky!, I mean Vanderbilt!, I mean South Carolina!, I mean, I mean, fuck it ....) Move along, son.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You seriously think you can predict what teams will be good 10-12 years from now?

No. 4 years out I would have a decent idea but 10 years out, no way. I'm just looking at what school profiles we should be looking for. Alabama like OU may suck in 10 years. Nebraska could be great.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone on this fucking board could cite the Michigan game. You know why? Because it is the exception to the rule of: "Florida schedules like a fucking jellyfish" and all we heard about leading into the game last year was that it was the first non-con for UF outside the state of Florida in like 20 years or some shit. But but but but Florida State!!! meh. You play a fucking FCS school every fucking year. It's pathetic and you and the entire fucking SEC fanbase should be ashamed. Some of your hillbilly brethren play two fucking FCS schools. I fucking hate y'all's bullshit more for the pussy-ass scheduling than anything else. You're an otherwise good poster, but go fuck yourself for showing up in a scheduling thread. Texas plays a real non-con. (but but but, Missouri!, I mean Kentucky!, I mean Vanderbilt!, I mean South Carolina!, I mean, I mean, fuck it ....) Move along, son.

9c5c1231e78967e49929593ec87cb057--walter

5 minutes ago, Loco said:

9c5c1231e78967e49929593ec87cb057--walter

I'm calm as a bomb. I'll be calmly laughing this season as Florida finishes in 4th in the shithole of the SEC East and outside the top 30 in recruiting. Enjoy the ride on top of the hunchback against legendary programs like Idaho, Charleston Southern, and Colorado State as you eek out a prayer for a bowl game where you can be exposed by the likes of Wazzou or Iowa.

Edited by closetojumping

43 minutes ago, Dewey said:
51 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

That's not a good example, but by 2031 the players wont remember any of it, save for what they can find, if they want a history lesson. But their fans and school deserve to be blackballed by the bigger schools for a long time. Schedule Temple instead of Texas.

Look, Penn State should be a pariah program. That community should have had football taken away from them for turning a blind eye to Sandusky's reign of terror. Even now Penn State football doesn't have any players that only had a Penn State scholarship offer. Each player had the choice of attending other schools but of their own free will chose to be in a community that turned a blind eye to child rape and then doubled down in defending those who enable Sandusky. Fuck them now and fuck anyone who joins them in 2031.

Edited by rickyspub
  • Like 1