Let's buy some drums

Handcruser

So Ive got the itch to switch some things up. Here is what I have right now:

New set of Ludwig Classic Maple in white marine

Vintage set of Ludwig super classics in silver sparkle

Newish set of GMS in silver sparkle

I want something different.....either in color or material. I also dont need all of these drums (and hardware....I'm now down to 4 bass drum pedals so making progress)

I am keeping one of these sets for sure. Probably the new ludwig's. Maybe the vintage. But not the GMS.

I have been thinking of these:

https://reverb.com/item/9886849-ludwig-vistalite-4pc-45th-anniversary-in-green-sparkle

These also have me curious:

https://reverb.com/item/12322846-ludwig-classic-maple

I do know I want a 24" kick. I'd rather have 16 and 18 on the floor but 14/16 would be fine

1 up 2 down for sure

I'm not a player.... just a piddler.

Really leaning towards staying with Ludwig

Opinions and thoughts? Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm not a player either, but I'm a Ludwig fan and have owned several Ludwig kits over the years. And my 9-year-old started playing drums earlier this year so I've kinda gotten back into it too. 

Have you played an acrylic kit? Our current kit at home is a set of late 70s clear Vistalite with 24, 18, 14 and matching snare. They're the first acrylic drums I've played or owned. It's a different feel and they're louder than wood, but I dig em. 

Remo Tuffskins.  Made of the best skin company in the drum kit game, plus the makers of jeans from Sears.  They sound like repressed childhood-meets-Bill Bruford.  

That vistalite kit is badass and I love Ludwigs in general. You should really go play with some other woods if you're looking for something different just for fun - oak, walnut in particular are kinda cool.  Yamaha's high end drums are the best drums made right now, IMO.  I really like the recording customs but you should also check out ebay/reverb and find a 5 piece setup club custom.  Totally rad.  It's a shame they don't make them anymore.

6 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

I should note, too, that my dream kit is pictured to the left here.  If you happen to find one of those in your search, I'll pay you a finder's fee! (kidding/not kidding)

It's a lot easier to play when the snare drum is laying flat on a stand.