Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

why the fuck wouldn't they have closed the lane?

Yes the truck driver is absolutely responsible for handling the clearance of his vehicle... but damn.

So what if the worker wasn't in the wrong?  If he's dead, it's a mute point.

Mind bottling...

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Yes the truck driver is absolutely responsible for handling the clearance of his vehicle... but damn.

Mind bottling...

No low overhead clearance signage.  What’s the truck driver supposed to do?

Mind bottling...

moot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

not sure if you actually read the articles that you posted but this is taken from the first link.  it'd be funny as shit if you did not know this passage was included.

Stop looking at all the walls and obstacles as real barriers and start pushing them a bit. You'll find most fall over pretty easily with a slight push. 

On 3/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, JimmyHoffa said:

It did not. However they just did a controlled Avalanche that closed the road today.

The Colorado Department of Transportation shut down I-70 at 8:46 a.m. Tuesday. Shortly afterwards, crews used cannons to set off an avalanche on Mount Bethel near Herman Gulch. The snow slide that resulted sent 15 feet of snow over I-70’s westbound lanes and 8 feet of snow across the eastbound lanes. CDOT said it was the largest avalanche in that slide path in over 30 years.

avalanche-work.jpg?w=550

avalanche-1-2.jpg?w=420&h=236

avalanche-2-1.jpg?w=420&h=236

“There was some debris that came down. A cable guardrail was also damaged,” said CDOT spokeswoman Tracy Trulove. “Our team is clearing trees, rocks and dirt.”

Avalanche mitigation work that led to other highway closings also took place on Interstate 70 between Copper Mountain and Frisco as well as Highway 40 over Berthoud Pass.

“Our team is pretty darn busy today,” said Trulove.

Operations at Loveland ski area are ongoing but skiers will be unable to leave the resort until the work is complete, unless there’s an emergency. That’s because Loveland Pass is also closed.

Normally that sounds like a great way to call in sick/take some PTO for the Denverites.  "Sorry boss, can't make it in today.  Roads are closed and I wont be able to be in."  But Loveland doesn't exactly have any place to stay the night and I doubt there's a ton of vacancies at Keystone or Breckenridge this time of the year and you can't get there either if Loveland Pass is closed.   Not sure from the story but they might be able to backtrack to Breck and go south towards Alma/Fairplay and get out that way. 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, Rimbo said:

Mom couldn't stand the way Vicodin felt, so she went Tylenol-only last time she had her surgery. I felt the same when I had my appendectomy. Can't stand the shit.

Anyway, back on topic: Here's a guy trying to knock down a wall on his balcony, and ends up taking out the entire building.

aggy Qatar?

On 3/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, Rimbo said:

Mom couldn't stand the way Vicodin felt, so she went Tylenol-only last time she had her surgery. I felt the same when I had my appendectomy. Can't stand the shit.

Anyway, back on topic: Here's a guy trying to knock down a wall on his balcony, and ends up taking out the entire building.

Farook Demo Company:  We stand by our work.  We don't stand under it. 

I keep watching this to see where the guy in the white shirt comes from. I can’t see him in the back of the yellow vehicle. 
He comes out of the front left door of the yellow vehicle. I'm not sure where the steering wheel is on those things so he's either the driver or a passenger.

35 minutes ago, Modessit said:
52 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:
I keep watching this to see where the guy in the white shirt comes from. I can’t see him in the back of the yellow vehicle. 

He comes out of the front left door of the yellow vehicle. I'm not sure where the steering wheel is on those things so he's either the driver or a passenger.

I see that now.  Its the driver based on the location of the steering wheel in the red car.