Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

what the hell am I missing?  I just see him holding it for 3-4 seconds, then it kind of jerks its head and looked at the camera.  What am I not seeing at the end? 

you serious, clark?  look behind his right shoulder

I think the big gator is fake, though.  

Edited by futureman

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

umm... the visual scale is provided by the +/- 6ft surfer.

I was thinking the same thing. 6 foot surfer, "generic" 60+ foot wave. 

The reason so many of those big wave vids seem a little ho-hum is because the surfers are so damn good they make it look easy. The reality is just the opposite, of course. Sliding straight down a moving 6-story avalanche on an 8-foot piece of foam and fiberglass is rarely going to end well. 

Edited by honolulu horn

I know it is not using the ground as a primary propulsion mechanism, while at height. Still, whatever is below likely plays a small part(just like prevailing air streams), especially once it gets low enough. Hence a constantly changing and moving surface would make it that much harder to control an already wonky system of flight.

Then again, I am not an aeronautics engineer, so I may be way out in left field.

I also get that is not what happened to this particular jet. You can see some form of explosion before it hits the deck. Just an observation about adding more difficulty to controlling an already flaky piece of equipment.

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

There may be fatalities in this one 

holy shit.  yep. 

https://www.wxii12.com/article/greensboro-police-investigating-assault/29446852

1 dead, 3 with life-threatening injuries after multiple people hit by SUV in Greensboro

Two people charged for homicide

GREENSBORO, N.C. —

Greensboro police charged two people for the death of a woman and aggravated assault that sent five others to the hospital Saturday morning.

Meranda Watlington and Fana Felton each face one count of first degree murder and five counts of attempted first degree murder, according to police.

5da22672b5c3c.image.jpg?crop=941,431,4,1