Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 11/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, mulletpelini said:

rule #1, you never ever allow yourself to be idle between 2 cars, especially when the front or rear of one is facing you.  I trust no one.

My dad stopped to help a guy with car problems on a rural, two-lane road when he was traveling home from college in the late 1940s.  My dad pulled in front of the guy, who was getting something out of his trunk.  Somebody rear ended the guy and crushed his legs, basically amputating them.  He died before and ambulance arrived.  I guess no one knew about tourniquets.

Probably made someone say "Holy shit."

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My dad stopped to help a guy with car problems on a rural, two-lane road when he was traveling home from college in the late 1940s.  My dad pulled in front of the guy, who was getting something out of his trunk.  Somebody rear ended the guy and crushed his legs, basically amputating them.  He died before and ambulance arrived.  I guess no one knew about tourniquets.

Probably made someone say "Holy shit."

You reminded me of a guy I once knew here.  He was a firefighter working a practice fire that formed a ton of smoke and an elderly lady drove through it, ramming the pump truck he was working behind.  His legs were amputated just below the knee.  Big guy, about 6'3 250.  Worked out a lot, kind of an asshole by his own admission.  He said losing his legs was the best thing that ever happened to him.  He got a chance to restart his marriage with his wife whom he was about to lose, became a better dad to his kids.  He continued to lift and became a big name in the world amputee games or something like that (possibly land sled?).  That was about 30 years ago, I looked him up, couldn't find anything about him.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sbbruin said:

On 11/12/2019 at 1:05 PM, smuggs said:

I like that the article clarifies that this was a "hot diarrhea" attack. Way more serious than your run-of-the-mill room temperature diarrhea attack.

My favorite was making sure she we knew she was coming out of an "authentic Thai restaurant". Maybe it wouldn't have happened if it was all Americanized!