Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

how do you not take someone down while unloading a clip into them at close range?  I’ve never shot anyone so perhaps I shouldn’t judge, but police are trained to shoot.  if he’s gonna do it is it that hard to settle into a nice base, two hands on the gun, and disable a suspect jogging straight at you?  has anyone here shot anyone in similar circumstances?

It’s because he wasn’t hitting center mass...pure and simple.

He was missing. Badly. He’s got 17 chances to put rounds center mass. He needs to stop, set, aim, and unload. If he had done that the threat would be down. He panicked (understandable) and his mind couldn’t focus on fight or flight. When he finally got to flight, he couldn’t do that properly because of the panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

It’s because he wasn’t hitting center mass...pure and simple.

He was missing. Badly. He’s got 17 chances to put rounds center mass. He needs to stop, set, aim, and unload. If he had done that the threat would be down. He panicked (understandable) and his mind couldn’t focus on fight or flight. When he finally got to flight, he couldn’t do that properly because of the panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

who is your avatar?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:50 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I fully understand the need for the cop to eventually start shooting, but prior to that point the cop  is chasing the guy and KNOWS they are up against a guy with a big knife.   

why in the fuck doesnt the cop have their tazer in hand?  you can see the fucking machette,  why are you automatically using your lethal force instrument to lead instead of  using the tazer.... zap the ever-living fuck out of the guy.

other than an instant kill shot, the tazer obviously gives you a better chance to take them out without either of you actually being hurt.

also I am wondering where the fuck the cops backup was, they showed up way way late right about the time the cop was about to be turned into sushi

To be fair, multiple gunshots didn’t take the guy down. I’m not sure a taser would. Personally I’d rather have a gun in my hand than a taser with one shot to take him down. Further, dude was going to kill someone with a machete. I’m not really too worrried about using humane ways to apprehend him. 

Is that a deep water port/marina?
Seems unusual to have whales breaching around docks, and for the docks to be in water deep enough for them to be underwater

I’m sure it’s Alaska. Glacial cut fjords and what not. The steep mountainside goes down as far as it goes up.

We saw something similar around Juneau.

16 hours ago, freyguy said:

That’s not really breaching (in the Moby Dick sense).  It’s using the ring bubbles to corral its food.

Look at the Jacques Cousteau brain on this motherfucker.  

Went whale watching out of Provincetown a few years back, saw no breaching but one came up next to the boat, beautiful creatures.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I love videos like this on this thread.  Completely innocuous setup, but you know something crazy is about to happen, and you know you have a few seconds to try to guess what and when.  The anticipation was killing me.