Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

10 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Did they recover or totally swamp?

The boat sank. Quickly. When those pictures were first posted 7 or 8 years ago there were a bunch of articles out there with headlines like “Giant Marlin Sinks Boat”. There were some funny internet arguments. A lot of morons out there that don’t understand fishing or boating or physics. They could have been hooked up to a 1/2 pound minnow and the same thing would have happened.

• Like 1

thyssen-krupp is a big elevator company.  always gives me pause seeing their logo because the krupp name comes from the military industrial dynasty in germany that equipped the nazis in their quest for global domination.  but now they make elevators so it’s cool. 

I loved their coffee maker back in the day.

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

So it was a backing down issue & not the fish.  1st I've seen on this particular incident.  Inexperienced captain?  Bad swell caught them off guard on the backing?

Yeah I’ve got no idea on his experience but when you are backing down on a fish there are times you will start to fill the cockpit with water and the scuppers can’t keep up. Some is ok, but once you get too much you have to correct it by going forward and if the boat has one you can open the door in the transom (tuna door) to release the water. We’ve had to do that a few times. Looks like this captain didn’t do anything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaulding Smails said:

During the WWII, BMW supplied the Nazi war effort with airplanes and motorcycle parts using Nazi slave labor.

krupp made the artillery and the weapons.  like, all of them.  it’s a bit different than planes. 

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

The boat sank. Quickly. When those pictures were first posted 7 or 8 years ago there were a bunch of articles out there with headlines like “Giant Marlin Sinks Boat”. There were some funny internet arguments. A lot of morons out there that don’t understand fishing or boating or physics. They could have been hooked up to a 1/2 pound minnow and the same thing would have happened.

That would be a huge minnow

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That would be a huge minnow

Not so fast my friend - “  The biggest minnow species at up to 10 feet long and almost 140 pounds is the Giant Barb Catlocarpio siamensis, found in southeast Asia where it is sometimes kept in ponds for food.” 

https://u.osu.edu/ichthyology/2015/12/02/big-minnows/

Not sure I’d trust anything coming out of Ohio State though.

• Like 2

Little bit shitty driving, mostly physics. If you're strong enough to keep it together until you slow down you won't become road pizza. Had it happen to me a couple times. Real sphincter tightener.

17 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Well, my Honda CT110 couldn’t get over 48 mph, so I never had the pleasure.

It can happen at lower speeds too.  I was on my dirt bike going about 35 down a gravel road, front wheel hit some deep gravel and that happened.  Luckily I had a full face helmet on because I slid a ways face down.  Then had to yank the spark plug wire off my bike to stop it from spinning in circles.  Good times!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:48 AM, futureman said:

thyssen-krupp is a big elevator company.  always gives me pause seeing their logo because the krupp name comes from the military industrial dynasty in germany that equipped the nazis in their quest for global domination.  but now they make elevators so it’s cool. 

i did a mini report on Krupp's Big Bertha howitzer in german class at UT, so this hits close to german class at UT

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:50 PM, immortal13 said:

Those things are fucking death traps. I have an Aprillia rsv4 that will do almost 200. Its been parked in storage for a year, and I can't explain what made me buy the damn thing a couple of years ago

Could it be that you thought you were immortal?