Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/mb8smi/intense_emotions_as_a_skier_rescues_his_brother/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

from his deleted instagram.

The weather is fine, the snow is beautiful.

We do a few short lines, beautiful photos, the perfect day.

We decide to move to another sector, we have fun, we laugh.

Suddenly the fear, the stress... the euphoria is gone.

A big avalanche takes me and my brother @lake_schorderet.

Everything happens very quickly, the power of the avalanche takes us down the mountain.

Our 2 friends are still up above. Per [friend] calls for help, Frédo joins me to start the search.

We locate my brother after 2 min and clear his head after 5 min. He is unconscious at first, but he is breathing, he eventually wakes up with a startle.

The first helicopter arrives after 20 minutes, the second with the doctor 30 minutes later.

My brother is fine and he has nothing [wrong/no injuries].

1 ) We should never have skied with 2 people on this face and we should not have jumped this rock

2 ) We should have made a safe crossing, to see if it was stable before setting off.

The joy and adrenaline that these days of powder give us sometimes makes us lose our common sense.

Despite the stress and the fear, we managed to organize ourselves well with my friends for the rescue. Soon everyone had a defined task. Per directly called for help, he knows Chando [where they are skiing] and knew exactly in which sector we were. Then Fred joined me, confirmed that the signal for the start (60m was good) and then he immediately started calling out. Nice teamwork got us Lake [victim] out safe and sound.

With Fred, Per, and Lake, we've known each other for over 10 years, we've been skiing together [Fred, Per, Lake, and I have been skiing with each other for over 10 years]. We did our first Freeride competitions together. Skiing with a trusted group is essential.

We decided to share this testimony while being aware of our mistakes. This testimony has as one and only goal to prevent [This testimony acts with the one and only goal of preventing this for others in the future]. We are not trying to create a buzz with this video, but to explain the positive and negative points to remember.

We hope that this video will have an impact on some skier/snowboarders.

The mountain is beautiful but you have to know how to respect it.

Thanks to @fredopowpow, @perwingaardsjoqvist, and the lifeguards of Cha

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

That's incredible.  What's an interesting coincidence, is that building is about the same height (with full stacks) and the same weight (22mm pounds) as the Ever Given container ship and was moved about the same angle that the ship does to be clear of its aground run.  Somebody send this video to the authorities for inspiration 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, crash_davis said:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/mb8smi/intense_emotions_as_a_skier_rescues_his_brother/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

from his deleted instagram.

The weather is fine, the snow is beautiful.

We do a few short lines, beautiful photos, the perfect day.

We decide to move to another sector, we have fun, we laugh.

Suddenly the fear, the stress... the euphoria is gone.

A big avalanche takes me and my brother @lake_schorderet.

Everything happens very quickly, the power of the avalanche takes us down the mountain.

Our 2 friends are still up above. Per [friend] calls for help, Frédo joins me to start the search.

We locate my brother after 2 min and clear his head after 5 min. He is unconscious at first, but he is breathing, he eventually wakes up with a startle.

The first helicopter arrives after 20 minutes, the second with the doctor 30 minutes later.

My brother is fine and he has nothing [wrong/no injuries].

1 ) We should never have skied with 2 people on this face and we should not have jumped this rock

2 ) We should have made a safe crossing, to see if it was stable before setting off.

The joy and adrenaline that these days of powder give us sometimes makes us lose our common sense.

Despite the stress and the fear, we managed to organize ourselves well with my friends for the rescue. Soon everyone had a defined task. Per directly called for help, he knows Chando [where they are skiing] and knew exactly in which sector we were. Then Fred joined me, confirmed that the signal for the start (60m was good) and then he immediately started calling out. Nice teamwork got us Lake [victim] out safe and sound.

With Fred, Per, and Lake, we've known each other for over 10 years, we've been skiing together [Fred, Per, Lake, and I have been skiing with each other for over 10 years]. We did our first Freeride competitions together. Skiing with a trusted group is essential.

We decided to share this testimony while being aware of our mistakes. This testimony has as one and only goal to prevent [This testimony acts with the one and only goal of preventing this for others in the future]. We are not trying to create a buzz with this video, but to explain the positive and negative points to remember.

We hope that this video will have an impact on some skier/snowboarders.

The mountain is beautiful but you have to know how to respect it.

Thanks to @fredopowpow, @perwingaardsjoqvist, and the lifeguards of Cha

Holy.  Fuck.

8 hours ago, DeathTongue said:

I see it and hear Jim McKay saying "...and the agony of defeat."

7 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Along with the music..........

7 hours ago, RPM said:

ABC's Wide World of Sports!

Spanning the globe, to bring you the constant variety of sport... 

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Spanning the globe, to bring you the constant variety of sport... 

From ski jumping in Helsinki to The Harlem Globetrotters in NYC to Evel Knievel in London and cliff diving in Acapulco. Constant variety.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, Underdog said:

Simpler times.  

Not afraid of heights but this shit kinda freaked me out some times...

That's a world record dive, per Wide World of Sports criteria, that still stands. Dude's a school teacher now.

RickCh%20(2).jpg