Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

7 hours ago, RPM said:

Don't know why but the "Damn, son!" at the end gets me. No mames...

edit: trying to find out who owns the truck, I assume GCC but maybe not, anyway truck continued on after splitting the beer van and collided w/ 3 other vehicles before overturning. Driver of the cement truck was the fatality, reported that brakes failed.

https://kvia.com/traffic/2021/04/14/caught-on-video-runaway-cement-mixer-with-brake-failure-crashes-into-semi-trailer-on-transmountain-1-dead/

edit2, aftermath vid:

Edited by GringoSalado
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, nnm said:

I watched him pitch in the old stadium. Awesome. $5 bleacher seats, $4 beers is how I remember it. Met my wife (no pics) 30 years ago going to a game there. 

I saw him pitch several times at old Arlington Stadium, including one time against the Angels when he had a no hitter going into the 8th inning (it would have been his 8th).  Dave Winfield broke it up with a single up the middle.  It was one of the most "electric" sporting events I have ever been to.  The crowd was going crazy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I saw him pitch several times at old Arlington Stadium, including one time against the Angels when he had a no hitter going into the 8th inning (it would have been his 8th).  Dave Winfield broke it up with a single up the middle.  It was one of the most "electric" sporting events I have ever been to.  The crowd was going crazy. 

Oh yeah.  Well I helped his future DIL pass oceanography at UT.

Met her in class.  In retrospect, I'm not sure if it was her hotness or stories about spending the weekend at Nolan's ranch that did it, but I took quite a few notes for her when she skipped class.  I ended up getting a C; she got an A.  I'm guessing it was Reid Ryan's girlfriend/fiance.  It was the one that pitched at TX but transferred to TCU IIRC.

5 hours ago, Hate said:

The best pitching performance I ever saw was Nolan getting a no-decision, 15-SO game against the White Sox. Just looked it up. August 17, 1990. Kenny Rogers was a reliever then and got the win when the Rangers won on a walk-off in the bottom of the 9th. https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX199008171.shtml

I don’t remember much about the game because of the $4 beers. 

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Idiots commenting about the obscene wealth are too stupid to realize how many well-paying jobs the yachting industry has created around the world.
petty-ass virtue signalers

Brat is picking up his satire game. “Yachting industry.” Lol. Don’t forget about all the butlers and private jet flight attendants and giant diamond appraisers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:33 AM, Hate said:

I was at that game. Think it was 91 and I was 8. Didn't realize what was happening because 8, but even I remember the crowd beginning to buzz later in the game. Some guy tried to buy my parent's ticket stubs. I remember none of the game, but there was some kind of medical emergency near us in the stands. We were sitting somewhere down the 3rd baseline.

• Hook 'Em 1